• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion SEGABOARDS General Discussion Thread |ST19 April 2023| SEGABOARDS does what Nindendon't

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiboardsSEGAboardslogo.png

Welcome back, one and all, to our humble home. Here, like always, we discuss our endless love for the coolest video game company on the planet. SEGA has brought us great memories over the years and they continue to deliver great games. This is the perfect thread to talk about anything that your heart desires. Want to talk about the latest Atlus release? Ask for help in a Yakuza game? Do you have questions about the lore of Shemnue? Do you need to vent about how everyone is going goo goo over that [redacted] animated film coming out next week?

1986-Quartet launches in arcades. If you think Terminator is scary, wait until you play this game. This four player adventure will have you fighting robots to retake a human base. Rumor has it that SEGA will be porting it to their home console, the Master System. Let's see Nintendo make a four-player game!
Quartet_Title.png

1989- Super League launches for the brand new Mega Drive! This a great showcase of the 16 bit powered SEGA system. By far the most exciting baseball game to date! This isn't some boring "Baseball" game that you get with Nintendo. This is Super League! Hopefully SEGA keeps up with the franchise. Imagine seeing that young rookie Ken Griffy Jr on the cover of a future Super League game!
SuperLeague_MDTitleScreen.png

1990- Phantasy Star 3 was released in Japan. A radically different, but equally amazing follow-up to its predecessor, You travel between generations to save those that you love. SEGA continues their tradition of breath-taking RPGs. Nintendo can't even make a good one in house. They have to rely on third parties to do the heavy lifting there. They better hope that companies like Square and Enix never stop supporting their hardware or they will be in big trouble.
Phantasy_Star_III_box_US.jpg

1991- SEGA introduced the awesome Game Gear to the European and American markets in April of 1991. It was a work of genius as it brought handheld gaming to a whole new level. Never before could you play on the go with a beautiful color screen! It was far more impressive than that ugly lime green screen the other guys had. Do you remember how powerful this hardware was? It needed SIX-AA batteries to power! That weak, ugly Gameboy could survive on two punny batteries.
1280px-Sega-Game-Gear-WB.png

1992- SEGA released the Wondermega! A beautiful combo console that could play both Mega Drive and Mega-CD games. Now gamers didn't have to worry about switching TV connections. SEGA gave them this wonderful all in one console. Nintendo made some CD games, but they were on completely different hardware. Word is out that the games really suck as well. If you want to play any super cool SEGA CD games, you need to get one of these!
800px-Wondermega_rgm1.jpg

1994- Monster World IV is released in Japan! Another great adventure/RPG game from the series created by the great developer Ryuichi Mishizawa, you continue the adventures of Asha with a bad ass sword. I cannot wait to get Monster World V! Do you know what Nintendo released this month in Europe? Yoshi's Cookie. That's right. Nintendo is still supporting hardware that is over a decade old. They can't support their current console well enough. They need to keep throwing 8 bit crap out there, and those sheep called Nintendo fanboys gobble it all up.
MonsterWorldIVJPBoxShotGenesis.jpg

1995- Daytona USA sees a worldwide release! That is right. A brand new 3D racing series has taken the world by storms. Coming soon to an arcade near you! Rumor has it that SEGA is working on a port for the Sega Saturn! Where is Nintendo now with its weak, 2D Mario Kart game? You can't play that at an arcade! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYTONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, we ain't afraid of PlayStation!
MV5BOWM4ZDJjMjYtNTc5OS00YjczLTkyNzMtNjdlMzE0ZDc2NTk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3NjAwMDc4._V1_.jpg

1996- Panzer Dragoon II Zwei comes stateside. A follow up to the original Panzer Dragoon, you can tell that Tomohiro Kondo and Kentaro Yoshida put their hearts and souls into this game. This game took everything from the first game and improved upon it greatly. You know that fancy new Nintendo console that was supposed to release this month? Well they delayed it, AGAIN. That's right. Nintendo is still forcing their fans to play on ancient hardware while SEGA fans eat good with a much more powerful system. Look at these graphics! And to be honest, I don't think Nintendo will make that June date. What is the point anyway? They seem to be fine with holding onto cartridges and ignoring the times. CD's are where it is at!
220px-Panzer_Dragoon_II_Zwei_cover_art.png

1999- SEGA Bass Pro Fishing is released. One of the great things about SEGA is that they continue to experiment and try different things. This is by far the best fishing simulator game on the market. If you ever wanted to feel like a true bass fisherman, this game is for you. A wonderful new IP as well! What does Nintendo do? They just keep trotting out the same boring characters. Try something new losers! By the way, I can't wait for the Dreamcast to come to the rest of the world. Gamers failed the Saturn. They better not do it again! Luckily SEGA is getting out in front of the next Sony system.
220px-SegaBassFishing.png

2000- Samba De Amigo comes to Dreamcast! This is easily one of Sonic Team's biggest hits in years. We get to shake those maracas all night and dance around to the beat. Easily a game changer. Yet another reason why SEGA makes the best hardware and software. Did you hear about the PlayStation 2? It doesn't have any good games at launch. All it has going for it is a dvd player. I don't buy a video game console to watch movies. That is what we have cable for! SEGA is going to be just fine. Don't worry about it. SEEEEGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
220px-SambaDeAmigo.jpg

2001- Skies of Arcadia comes to Europe. Finally, our friends on the other side of the world get to play this game. SEGA continues to be the king of RPGs. This game is a classic. And the best part is that SEGA is selling the Dreamcast for only $99! That is so much cheaper than the PS2. You can choose to buy a black box that plays movies and a couple of games, wait until maybe later this year when Nintendo releases another system with the same old crap. And lets not even talk about Microsoft. What is an Xbox anyway?
220px-ArcadiaDC.png

2003- Super Monkey Ball Jr comes to Europe. SEGA sure has a thing for cute characters. This is another fantastic portable game for the series. It is great that European can play another great puzzle game.
220px-Super_Monkey_Ball_Jr._Coverart.png

2004- Shining Soul II reaches North America! Just because SEGA doesn't have active hardware out there doesn't mean that they caren't making great games. The Shining series has been underrated for too long. This is another great title that Nintendo is lucky to have right now for their handheld.
220px-Shining_Soul_II_boxart.jpg

2007-SEGA brought this amazing Sci Fi franchise to handhelds and it was a blast. Once again, SEGA is saving other systems and this time it is Sony that should be thanking them.
220px-Phantasy_star_portable_box.jpg

2011- Conduit 2 launches on the Wii. SEGA follows up their new IP of a couple of years ago with another great game. The motion controls are better than ever. The online is awesome as well. Nintendo is so lucky to have a company like SEGA making FPS games for their under-powered system.
220px-Conduit-2-Boxart.png

2016- Once again, SEGA has provided great content for a small price. This collection game us nine classics for a low price of $30. Top that Nintendo!
220px-Sega_3D_Classics_Collection.jpg

2018- Yakuza continues to be a powerful force that has really taken the industry by storm. SEGA continues to deliver great content year after year!
220px-Yakuza_6_cover_art.jpg

2021-SEGA brought this fantastic new IP to next gen consoles. This is like Phoenix Wright on acid. Fun and scary!
220px-Judgmentcover.jpg

220px-Endless_Dungeon_cover_art.jpg
1680102687655-jpeg.1275
220px-Yakuza_original_logo.png
220px-Sonic_Origins_official_art.jpg

What is your favorite SEGA memory? Was it a new game that blew your mind? Was it getting a console on Christmas morning? Was that one time on the playground where you owned a Nintendo fanboy?

851-1624359179.png

Emerald Hill Zones Act 1 Level 1
Top Ring Count

Post a screenshot of your score at the end of the level with the number of rings collected. Highest score wins!

Favorite Sega memory is probably Super Monkey Ball 2, still my favorite Sega game.

Ah, new thread sme-

...why does it smell like chili dogs in here? What's with all the squares? Why is it so blue?

S-SEGABoards? Okay, just what in the world is going on-

wait

Sonic-April-Fools.png

WHO TURNED ME INTO THE GODDAMN HEDGEHOG???

Last edited:
Ah, new thread sme-

...why does it smell like chili dogs in here? What's with all the squares? Why is it so blue?

S-SEGABoards? Okay, just what in the world is going on-

wait

WHO TURNED ME INTO THE GODDAMN HEDGEHOG???

Love the new look. You have the makings of a true blue blood SEGA fanboy!

Did y’all check out the latest Segaworks video Jeremy Parish put out? I can’t believe how long Nintendo has been getting away with copying Sega!

Oh god there's been a hostile takeover, clearly blackmail is at work here! We need to get the Phantom Thieves on the case, come on -

alloutattack_feature.jpg

Wh-why are you all looking at me like that? Wait... oh no... you're SEGA too! It's an inside job!

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all-out-attack noises

I can't wait until the news is official that Yuji Naka is back at Sega and developing a new Sonic game on the basis of Balan Wonderworld.
He will also be appointed as the new lead designer for the Yakuza series.

There's so much to look forward too.

I really really really really hope Katie Chrzanowski is lurking on Fami to see all these Chao 💙💙💙

Perfect design for Sonic and I mean this only in a positive way. Now excuse me I have to report this website to the Webdesign consul.

I thought I wandered into the wrong forum

Then I tried to give a Yeah Chao, then my phone squeaked and got me some weird looks on the metro

Not even mad, I live for this kind of chaos. Chaos smells good, almost like chili dogs

Then I tried to give a Yeah Chao, then my phone squeaked and got me some weird looks on the metro

Not even mad, I live for this kind of chaos. Chaos smells good, almost like chili dogs

Sonic-Chili-Dog-the-old-sonic-7220526-707-563.jpg

Another day for more wonderful Sega speculation! Really looking forward to the rumored NiGHTS Mania reveal in the next Sega Direct!
Sega Direct? No, that's just silly. Sega's been out of the console business for years. That's Nintendo's Direct!
ONE OF US

ONE OF US
KNUCKLES? Look, I'm not chuckling here. Something is very wrong here. What's with you peeps???
Super Mario Andretti, famed champion of Formula One, the Indy 500, and Nascar? Yeah, he's awesome!
The what now? No, no, I mean Jumpman! Super Mario! And his brother Luigi! You remember how I can't shut up about them, right?

Ugh the font is killing me. New thread time tho! Trying to see how far into FEWTH I can get this weekend, trying to wrap up chapter 13 tonight

Oh god there's been a hostile takeover, clearly blackmail is at work here! We need to get the Phantom Thieves on the case, come on -

alloutattack_feature.jpg

Wh-why are you all looking at me like that? Wait... oh no... you're SEGA too! It's an inside job!

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all-out-attack noises
NO!!! THEY GOT SAMMY!!!!

so guys, how powerful will the Sega Pluto be? I hope Nintendo is making a mario game for launch, they've been a consistent supporter since they went third party

Sega Direct? No, that's just silly. Sega's been out of the console business for years. That's Nintendo's Direct!

KNUCKLES? Look, I'm not chuckling here. Something is very wrong here. What's with you peeps???

The what now? No, no, I mean Jumpman! Super Mario! And his brother Luigi! You remember how I can't shut up about them, right?
look pal, i donno what you’re talking about with this nintando thing. All I know is Sonic Odyssey is one of the best 3D platformers ever, only topped by Sonic 64. Sonic Sunshine was pretty bad, but Sega really turned things around with Sonic Kart and Sonic Galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom