• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Resident Evil 4 |ST| Back 4 Bingo

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
52766026091_a996870b7e_o.gif

52766661303_fa619df75c_o.png

52766283449_6b2a2e024e_o.png

52766031711_a6366dbb53_o.png

52766283094_0e1669356f_o.png

52766478995_0d01d22344_o.png

52766443485_6e14b9cef1_o.png

I set my Xbox to New Zealand region so I could go to Bingo early. Currently getting my ass kicked though.

I feel like, in the midst of some of the stuff I've got going on irl, I probably won't have time to play this weekend, especially since I still mean to run through the RE2 & 3 remakes again beforehand. Both are over and done with in the blink of an eye though, especially RE3, so it shouldn't take me too long. This is a remake of my personal GOAT, so I'm in no hurry to gamerush through it. Happy to let the anticipation keep building for another few days. Hope everyone enjoys the game!

I'm beyond hyped for the game and I have it preordered, but life circumstances are gonna make it so I probably won't actually play it until much later in the year. Have fun everyone!

NsSjlQO.gif

My free time (and budget) is small time at the moment, but cheers to everyone going out there and having a blast this weekend!! I'm so excited and thrilled to see this actually occur- fabled cut content being placed back into the game? A more horror-focused tone and demeanor, while retaining the action aspects? COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

From REmake to REmake 2 to here- it's been real. I'll join in once Separate Ways and the ultimate edition release.

Last edited:
I see a video is doing the rounds of things that are missing from this versus the original, do we know what exactly is missing?
Presumably it's in that video. The game is out so no reason it would he inacurrate.

Seeing some redesigned enemies and man... they do not look better lol

Going in completely blind on this REmake. Well, I mean, other than playing the OG game a million times :p. I've been playing the other REmakes in anticipation. It's been a long time comin, Stranger.

I feel like, in the midst of some of the stuff I've got going on irl, I probably won't have time to play this weekend, especially since I still mean to run through the RE2 & 3 remakes again beforehand. Both are over and done with in the blink of an eye though, especially RE3, so it shouldn't take me too long. This is a remake of my personal GOAT, so I'm in no hurry to gamerush through it. Happy to let the anticipation keep building for another few days. Hope everyone enjoys the game!

I'm just about to finish up 2R and then start 3R before jumping into this. The reimagined police station is absolute gaming bliss, one of the series very best moments. Everything that comes after really falls flat for me though. This is my first time replaying these games since their release a few years ago. 3R I actually enjoyed more than most, though it's way too short and it's sinful that they omitted the Clocktower.

Last edited:
I'm going into this very excited for the gameplay, which looks better than the original, but worried for the comedy/dialogue, which looks like it might be less funny. Someone needs to tell Capcom they can put the personality and sense of identity of REVII and REmake 3 into their prestige titles like REmake 2 and 4 :ROFLMAO:

I'm going into this very excited for the gameplay, which looks better than the original, but worried for the comedy/dialogue, which looks like it might be less funny. Someone needs to tell Capcom they can put the personality and sense of identity of REVII and REmake 3 into their prestige titles like REmake 2 and 4 :ROFLMAO:

That's what I'm more worried about in this REmake tbh. The thing that elevated RE4 to me was the fact that it was very much an awful b-movie turned into a game. I'm glad that they have removed some of the pervier/creepier stuff (apparently, haven't checked the game yet) but I still want the spaniards in the game to speak with a very much non-Spaniard accent, and for the cheesier dialogue to remain in the game.

We'll see.

Probably gonna play through Leon B in RE2R before starting this up tonight. Can't wait.
I definitely agree with some of the concerns for stuff like dialogue and whatnot, the original game was iconic for it's dialogue imo.

But does your right hand come off?

The game arrived today, so I will boot it up in a few hours. Can’t wait to experience the goat again

Just finished up Chapter 1 and it was a ton of fun to see what was the same and what was totally different! Caught me by surprise a few times for sure. VR mode — whenever that may come out — will be a doozy for sure lol

Edit: Chapter 2 down now. This is such a cool remake. And the cutscenes are so well done! I have an attaché case filled with knives and I really cannot complain

Last edited:
Just started in chapter 2. It’s Resident Evil 4 allright.

First impressions

- While it’s toned down, the goofiness of RE 4 shines through. I like it.

- The Ganados are far more versatile and aggressive! I caught myself thinking “well in the original I could just sidestep and the axe will miss” Instead I get it right in my face.

- I like the pre-Las Plagas version of turning; its kind of creepy too with the broken necks.

- OVER HERE STRANGER

- I like the side quests; they’re cool. The rewards are decent too.

Its awesome imo

I’m very pleased that it’s actually gorier than the original. I was afraid they were going to tone it down.

Fear not fans of extremely wet, extremely disgusting dishes of rotten food: the Remake gets top marks in this regard. Seeing one of them lying around makes me think of the villagers in better times, preparing a nice dinner...

8Zsq9q4.gif

Is it just me or are the voice clips in the model viewer absolutely effed? Like Ashley casual sounds demented. Sounds like it’s being run through a can.

I’m on chapter 4, playing on XSX.

I must have played the original RE4 a dozen times, and this remake still just hooks me. I am already addicted to the loop. Enthralled by each location. Gripped by each intense encounter. The game has even scared me a few times with some surprises.

I do have some gripes (things I hope they can patch or fix, weird lack of polish in some areas), but very easy to ignore for how much I’m enjoying it!

Thoroughly enjoying this. Combat feels so good once you get going. Parry window is super generous so make sure to utilize it! Feels real nice to land a clutch one to get out of a sticky situation.

Is it just me or are the voice clips in the model viewer absolutely effed? Like Ashley casual sounds demented. Sounds like it’s being run through a can.
I think the intention for models was to sound like a toy with a speaker (you know, like a bottle cap figures from the original).

Last edited:
Got to play 5 minutes earlier today before heading to work and went with the hardest mode available and got peeves by the first Ganado 😂

Cannot wait to get home and play the game!

Contrary to what digital foundry said, resolution mode on ps5 does not feel smooth at all. I’m playing with hair strands/ray tracing off and on a vrr tv but it seems so choppy compared to performance mode.

them basically telling you when you start a new game:

you've played RE4 (2005) -> hardcore
you've not played RE4 (2005) -> standard

feels like the worst kind of mischaracterized difficulty description I have ever seen in a game. this is brutal on hardcore and not at all recommended for anyone who can answer the question "have you played Resident Evil 4 (2005)?" with a "yes". I'm not saying it's too hard, but the way they frame this choice is just incredibly poorly thought out.

feels like the worst kind of mischaracterized difficulty description I have ever seen in a game. this is brutal on hardcore and not at all recommended for anyone who can answer the question "have you played Resident Evil 4 (2005)?" with a "yes". I'm not saying it's too hard, but the way they frame this choice is just incredibly poorly thought out.
I had to do a double take when I read that description lol, so many people are gonna start on that difficulty and struggle way more than they wanted to. Fwiw the village encounter is the hardest part of the game on hardcore so far and I'm pretty far in but that makes it even funnier because it's like 5 mins into the game.

I had to do a double take when I read that description lol, so many people are gonna start on that difficulty and struggle way more than they wanted to. Fwiw the village encounter is the hardest part of the game on hardcore so far and I'm pretty far in but that makes it even funnier because it's like 5 mins into the game.
How does the initial village encounter on Hardcore compare to its equivalent in Mad Chainsaw Mode from the demo? I thought the latter was respectably challenging, but doable, especially as the TMP helped a good bit. I know there's probably no TMP down there in the full game.

Played up to Chapter 3 beginning. It's good. I don't think it surpasses the original, but it's damn good.

Controls are my biggest complaint so far. I wish the default speed was a jog rather than having to push L3 (yuck). Ravine fight was amazing.

So I fell for the hardcore bait, but I’m 3 hours in at this point and I’m starting to get it. I might be able to finish this.

I switched to normal, started over and finished ch1, then resumed my hardcore save for the initial village sequence. didn't manage to kill chainsaw guy on hardcore and missed out on the emerald. feels bad :(

I just received my copy. I am stuck working at the moment, but I took the time to pull out my OG RE4 copy for the GameCube to make a box comparison:

The original box is miles better, no surprise.

It's really interesting how the OG back of the box extensively breaks down what makes RE4 so unique and special, while the remake is the most blandest thing you can imagine. Picture of girl, chainsaw, gun, and enemies. Rescue the president's daughter. Experience the updated genre-defining classic! It's almost like they think nobody looks at the box in the first place.

Well they are wrong. At least when it comes to this guy!

Bonus:

My EB games receipt was still tucked behind the manual for GCN RE4:

I wonder what sales person Frank is up to now. If you are reading this, thank you for selling one of the GOATS to a 15 year old without any ID!

I have played RE4 dozen of times and I find RE4R on standard difficulty to be by far the hardest modern RE game on that difficulty.
I've considered switching to easy a few times, I'll see how I do at least until the castle, and if it still feels too hard by then I'll just switch to easy for my first difficulty. RE4 Castle is one of my favorite level in a video game, don't want to be frustrated during it.

I wasn’t going to get this for a while as every trailer just looked like the OG game albeit much prettier. As I have played through the game twice on GC, once on on the Wii, the HD version on PC and most recently on the Quest I had little interest to play the game again any time soon.
Predictability I succumbed to the hype and boy oh boy am I glad I did, it’s basically a completely new game. It also fixes my only very minor gripe with the OG which is its focus on action at the cost of Exploration.
I’m so happy right now , I’m pretty sure this is going to be one of my favourite games of all time, it’s so damn good!

Also just made a stupid purchase and ordered the 3D pulse headphones for this game.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom