• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion PokeDoku - Daily Scores & Discussion

Heck yeah this is a puzzle I can rock.

Points 9/9
Uniqueness 112

I think there are only two Fairy/Poison types, yeah? And I knew Galarian Weezing would be more well-known.

Score: 9/9
Uniqueness: 134
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Calyrex, Galarian Slowking, Galarian Stunfisk
Flittle, Varoom, Orthworm
Galarian Rapidash, Galarian Weezing, Tinkatuff

Forgot about the other Fairy/Poison's existence (Fezandipiti).

or am i

gave it my best go anyways

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary βšͺ️

Score: 7/9
Uniqueness: 258
βœ… βœ… βœ…
πŸŸ₯ βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…

the 3 uniqueness cheap shots w the gmax i swear πŸ™πŸ™

MnoETht.png

the center mon is a truly honest to god shot in the dark. i have no earthly idea what that even is and it was the first time i even heard the name.

i was just going through the lists and went "yup i have no idea what this is and it's purple so poison paldea it is. AND IT WAS RIGHT

Last edited:
Had an interesting "for science" moment on today's puzzle, since I put Galarian Weezing as the Galar Poison mon, and then thought I was screwed for Poison/Fairy since I thought it was the only one. So I looked it up to be sure and apparently there is another, I just hadn't played Teal Mask DLC. Good to know!

🌟 PokeDoku Champion

Uniqueness: 142
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Galar / Poison really stumped me for a little while there. I think it says something about how I'm falling off the franchise when the last two mainline regions are giving me such trouble with remembering Pokemon.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 126
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Remember: Rellor may evolve into a Psychic type, but it itself is not one.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 149
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Play at: https://pokedoku.com

FirePsychicPaldea
FlyingFletchinderWoobat (!)Bombirdier
GroundGroudon-PrimalBaltoy (!)Toedscool
LegendaryHeatranCosmoemWo Chien

Thank you for reading.

Points 9/9
Uniqueness 136

I already have a few go-to picks for some of these categories lol. Thanks to that, this was the quickest I’ve solved a Pokedoku puzzle and still got a pretty decent Uniqueness rating.

I forgot if Volcanion is Fire/Steel or just Steel, so I just played safe with Ho-oh.

severe effort with lists and wracking my brain later, actually pretty good result for me and new gen mons!

Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 207
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

iZTwgq8.png

funny thing, i actually only know about these 'okdogi' and the others from the trio from just the last pokedoku! i looked them up afterwards and read that they actually counted as legendaries??

total shocker, and how about that, im learning!

similar deal for Necrozma who i only from looking at a recent puzzle result got to know it's actually Psychic/Dragon! thankful i remembered

also... the one evo-line only curse continues to plague me ☠️

feel like im improving here tho seein ya'll get perfects all the time is a lil depressing 😭

Last edited:
Uniqueness: 137
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Fletchinder, Lugia, White Squawkabilly
Mega Camerupt, Baltoy, Ting-Lu
Primal Groudon, Uxie, Munkidori

Forgot those DLC legends existed for a moment. Had a random "Oh yeah, those!" moment when typing in an answer for the last slot.

I swear, today's grid was nearly the exact same as the first one of these I did like a week ago.

Uniqueness: 183
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

gruesome one for your boy. these new gen columns blowin me up man

Score: 6/9
Uniqueness: 426
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… πŸŸ₯
βœ… πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯

wLoxnTk.png

the 'search for iron for paradox' strat failin me peeps 😭

how the heckie heckers is the delibird variant a water type?? it don't look like one man. nor the gallade a fairy. brutal stuff

i was going so strong otherwise, but unova fairy broke me bad. i was thinking for a LONG while and went through like several dozen unova mons in my head and i couldn't think of a single one that converted to fairy in a newer gen.

when i saw whimsicott in the results it finally hit but man it never even crossed my mind for some reason

Points 9/9
Uniqueness 232

Still not a fan of Paradox Pokemon being its own category. The pool of answers quickly become pretty limited.

Uniqueness: 249
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

For once, the damn monkeys from Unova were actually useful for something :'D

Uniqueness: 257
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Sunny Castform, Heatmor, Iron Moth
Huntail (nice 0.9%), Frillish, Iron Bundle
Spritzee, Mega Audino, Iron Valiant

A surprising amount of people remembered Mega Audino's existence, oh well.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 226
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Unova / Fairy stumped me for a while. Eventually went with

Cottonee

I failed a couple days ago because of Paldea. Somehow, not today despite just guessing 2/3 in the Paradox column.

Uniqueness: 245
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 253
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Yeah they need to give megas and paradoxes a rest for a while. Do something different.

One thing I’ve noticed is that no one ever picks the Unova elemental monkey trio.

One thing I’ve noticed is that no one ever picks the Unova elemental monkey trio.
I thought about picking them because I thought that no one would pick them, but I figured maybe everyone else had the same idea, so I ended up not picking them lol

Definitely agree that we need a break from Paradox and Megas. How about a category like Dual Type? Or Mammal?

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 241
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

I still have a fondness for the Unova monkeys. I want them to get some buffs/stat redistribution to differentiate them a bit more as true "second starter PokΓ©mon".

Points 9/9
Uniqueness 233

Didn’t like the categories for this round so I did a case study and picked what I thought would be common choices. Got mixed results, with Pokemon like Machop and Mewtwo getting sub-10%. Amusing to see the meta getting shaped like that.

Points 9/9
Uniqueness 233

Didn’t like the categories for this round so I did a case study and picked what I thought would be common choices. Got mixed results, with Pokemon like Machop and Mewtwo getting sub-10%. Amusing to see the meta getting shaped like that.

i got reverse-meta'd so hard. like how in god's name are the hitmons more popular than machop line like what the heck

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 205
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

A great example of where trying to go for the more obscure pics isn't always the best choice. It's a fine line to walk and it makes for an interesting experience!

real decent attempt for my standards, not a lot of newer stuff on the table so i had an actual shot... though i had no real clue what 'mythical' really counted with

Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 207
βœ… βœ… πŸŸ₯
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

the level of reverse-meta fuckery here is wild though like damn

h5QppTr.png

i love my one recent pokedoku necrozma ultra find about it being psychic is just carrying me into the lower uniq levels

that Mega Beedrill of all things is one of the highest choices blows my fuckin mind, like over almost all the starters, so many legends, what the actual fuck man

Uniqueness: 169
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Mega Beedrill, Mega Latios, Mega Diancie
Starmie, Mega Latias, Aria Meloetta
Mega Mewtwo X, Terrakion, Pirouette Meloetta

Huh, I thought Starmie would be a more popular pick. Only 3.7%?
Mega Latis continuing to also be surprisingly forgotten picks. 2.6% for Latias.

Uniqueness: 257
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Golbat, Whirlipede, Hisuian Qwilfish
Celesteela, Trash Wormadam, Hisuian Sliggoo
Honchkrow, Vikavolt, Hisuian Electrode

Ugh, stone evos.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 291
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

FlyingBugHisui
PoisonCrobatDustoxSneasel-Hisui
SteelCorviknight-GMaxDurantSliggoo-Hisui
Evolved by StoneHonchkrowVikavoltElectrode-Hisui

Finally, a fresh category! Evolution method is one of the things that is very good to spice things up. Wonder if this is too difficult for the average fan though...

Thank you for reading.

i played Arceus for 100 hours, did almost everything in the game, and I couldn’t think of poison or steel regional types πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary
βšͺ️Score: 6/9
Uniqueness: 491
βœ… βœ… πŸŸ₯
βœ… βœ… πŸŸ₯
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…

and I couldn’t think of poison or steel regional types
I think a lot of people ran into the same wall, Hisuian Goodra has a whopping 58%. Ouch. I have a lot of difficulty with Hisui myself.

"Evolved by stone" was another difficult category in terms of hashing out which choices would be more obscure. I just picked two Pokemon I liked and ooof, highest percentage I ever got at 82.6%.

Points 9/9
Uniqueness 387

Back
Top Bottom