• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion PokeDoku - Daily Scores & Discussion

switchum

Providing Fami with bad takes a-plenty since 2022!
Pronouns
he/him
I found this great web game for testing your Pokémon knowledge! It’s called Pokedoku and the objective is to fill the grid with Pokémon species that fit each box’s row and column requirement.

Here’s the link!

I thought this would be a fun thread where we could post our daily scores and maybe share some of our answers (behind spoiler tags, of course). The game also measures your uniqueness score, so if you really want to test your knowledge, see if you can come up with the most obscure answers possible.

The puzzle resets every day at 12 AM ET. Now let’s see where your Pokémon knowledge is at!

November 1st

🟩🟩🟩
🟥🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

PTS 8
UNIQ 266

Steel/Ground screwed me up today. Also I didn’t realize Kanto even had a fossil, so Kabutops was a shot in the dark… but a successful one!

🔴 PokeDoku Summary ⚪
Score: 7/9
Uniqueness: 361
✅ 🟥 ✅
🟥 ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Fun idea! I was also screwed over by steel/ground, I could’ve sworn Aggron was that. Although now that I think of it Excadrill works. What’s a grass/dragon?

🔴 PokeDoku Summary
⚪️Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 262
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
🟥 ✅ ✅

Messed up on Steel/Ground by putting in a second Grass/Steel type instead.

i kinda went a different direction with it looking at the 'uniqueness' rating and went for what i thought would be obsecure choices!

PokeDoku Summary
⚪️Score: 9/9
Uniqueness: 144
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

7OP5Wxk.png

This seems like a fun game! I thought way too hard to come up with more obscure answers! Going for middle evos seems to work. I got a Uniq score of 196

I wonder if the dual type ones take the type ordering into consideration. If assuming the left one is primary type and the top is the secondary type, there are Pokemon in each of them so far. So like for Ground/Steel, would it be considered incorrect if Steelix is put in, since it's Steel/Ground? I put in the ones with the proper order just in case Ground/Steel is Excadrill (can also be Alolan Dugtrio, Galarian Stunfisk, and Iron Treads), Ground/Dragon is Flygon (Garchomp family and Zygarde are Dragon/Ground).

Thank you for reading.

I wonder if the dual type ones take the type ordering into consideration. If assuming the left one is primary type and the top is the secondary type, there are Pokemon in each of them so far. So like for Ground/Steel, would it be considered incorrect if Steelix is put in, since it's Steel/Ground? I put in the ones with the proper order just in case Ground/Steel is Excadrill (can also be Alolan Dugtrio, Galarian Stunfisk, and Iron Treads), Ground/Dragon is Flygon (Garchomp family and Zygarde are Dragon/Ground).

Thank you for reading.
It is not sensitive to type ordering.

Huh. This is really interesting, thanks for sharing!

Will add it to my pile of daily word games xD

🔴 PokeDoku Summary ⚪
Uniqueness: 361
✅ 🟥 ✅
🟥 ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Fun idea! I was also screwed over by steel/ground, I could’ve sworn Aggron was that. Although now that I think of it Excadrill works. What’s a grass/dragon?
Applin or any of its evos works for Grass/Dragon!

i didn’t do too well

🔴 PokeDoku Summary ⚪

️Score: 5/9

Uniqueness: 466

🟥 ✅ ✅

🟥 ✅ ✅

🟥 🟥 ✅

Play at: https://pokedoku.com

I’m bad when it comes to like, gen 5 and later

Last edited:
Seems fun!

✅✅✅
✅✅✅
✅✅✅

Uniqueness 209

Ferroseed, Sceptile-Mega, Tangela
Excadrill, Zygarde 10%, Rhyhorn
Bastiodon, Dracozolt, Omanyte

November 2nd

🟥🟥✅
🟥✅🟥
🟥✅🟥

PTS 3
UNIQ 688

Jeez, I got my ass kicked today. Either I don’t know Pokémon as well as I thought, or I gotta stop doing these puzzles at 12 in the morning 😂

As of now, the only Pokemon at 50%+ (that I guessed) are:
Normal/Electric: Heliolisk
Rock/Dragon: Tyrantrum
Mega Electric: Mega Manectric

Given how all of these only have 2 possible choices, it's a given.

Though, it's surprising that Cyclizar for Normal/Dragon (technically Dragon/Normal) is rather low, even though it is another one with two possible choices. I guess its type is not very easily obvious?

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Score: 9/9
Uniqueness: 270
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Oh yeah, didn't see that there are detailed stats after making all the guesses!

9/9, unique 320 dang, might actually be fun if we can get the highest (worse?, its golf rules right?) score. Like family fued style.

9/9, unique 320 dang, might actually be fun if we can get the highest (worse?, its golf rules right?) score. Like family fued style.

I think the lower amount indicates less popular score (so maybe it's better because you know obscure stuff), otherwise the Uniqueness score wouldn't start from 900 and get reduced over time. Of course, that rating fluctuates so if you play the same puzzle but at different times, it might be different.

Thank you for reading.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 298
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

HelioptileDrampaHoothoot
Alolan GeodudeTyruntShuckle
Mega AmpharosMega Charizard XMega Heracross

Mega Evolutions? My biggest weakness, I never cared to remember most of them argh.

Only got 8/9, I screwed up and answered in the wrong category. Unique Score 337.

toughie

Uniqueness: 386
🟥 🟥 ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

gen 7's my weakest dangit. honestly only even got Golem for Rock/Elec with a lot of searching through the options to remember lol

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 288
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Heliolisk, Drampa, Dunsparce
Graveler-Alola, Tyrunt, Corsola
Manectric-M, Ampharos-M, Steelix-M

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟Score: 9/9
Uniqueness: 334
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Fun game! I wish it was 4 by 4 maybe, but still a fun little morning routine.

Uniqueness: 283
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
Helioptile, Drampa, Hoothoot
Alolan Graveler, Tyrunt, Magcargo
Mega Ampharos, Mega Latias, Mega Houndoom

Had a brainfart over Rock/Dragon for a moment.

Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 364
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ 🟥 ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
Helioptile, Drampa, Furret,
Alolan Geodude, ---, Shuckle
Mega Ampharos, Mega Altaria, Mega Tyranitar

I forgot that Snubbul isn't a Normal type anymore and put it as the normal-type Johto Pokémon...
[\SPOILER]

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 244
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Mega Ampharos, Mega Manectric, Elekid
Mega Diancie, Xerneas, Igglybuff
Mega Alakazam, Flittle, Smoochum

🌟 PokeDoku Champion
Uniqueness: 154 (I have no idea if I'll ever beat this. Cosmog and Voltorb putting in work.)
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

2023-11-03-01-20-45-pokedoku-com-123b64e66f0f.jpg

Disappointed in the Pokedoku community that my good boi Reuniclus was only guessed 1.8% of the time. Did help me me get a Uniq score of 177 though!

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 224
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

A bit easier today although I hope they don’t use mega evolutions this often, I’m already getting tired of that. And c’mon, only 2% for Eelektross?

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 171
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

So far they're not so difficult. Will we ever see a time when they really make things difficult by using PokeDex colour? I hope that they don't come to that.

Thank you for reading.

Disappointed in the Pokedoku community that my good boi Reuniclus was only guessed 1.8% of the time. Did help me me get a Uniq score of 177 though!
I went for Elgyem thinking that line might be less popular but it's at a whopping 2.5%!

Lowest I used was Alcremie, also at 1.8%.

Uniqueness: 159
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
Mega Ampharos, Boltund, Toxel
Mega Diancie, Swirlix, Mime Jr.
Mega Latias, Duosion, Smoochum

Not very good at remembering what is or isn't a babymon. Never cared for them.

November 3

Score 8/9
Uniq 324

✅✅✅
✅✅✅
✅✅🟥

Made an oopsie and thought that “Baby” referred to the first Pokémon in an evolutionary set, so Abra took that one away from me. Figured it out soon after that.

Also, I know a low percentage on each square means more unique, but does the same apply to the overall uniqueness score? I thought higher was better but it seems to be the opposite…

Also, I know a low percentage on each square means more unique, but does the same apply to the overall uniqueness score? I thought higher was better but it seems to be the opposite…
Seems like the lower the score, the better. I do wonder how it’s calculated though. Like theoretically, if the majority of people tried picking a more obscure answer, would that paradoxically make what should be more common answers, less common? Example: For Electric type a “Pikachu” answer is deemed more unique because everyone else answered Chinchou trying to go more obscure

🔴 PokeDoku Summary ⚪

Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 250
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ 🟥

i feel so betrayed.
gFLvbga.png

HOW IS SOLOSIS NOT A BABY MON COME ON

man i aint even postin this one, im so bad at anything past gen 6 though i tried pretty hard to look through the lists.

forgetting the 1 ground/psychic that even exists was just brutal outright when gen 3's one of my favs

Score 9/9
Uniqueness 189

Bit of an easy one this week since two categories are just Gmax and Galar so there’s a sizable pool to choose from. Hardest category was definitely Ground/Psychic which I definitely would have fumbled if I hadn’t recently done my reading to make my Pokemon threads.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 232
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅
✅ ✅ ✅

Trying to figure out the non-obvious option is pretty fun. Like for the Fire / GMax one it took me a few minutes to remember Centiskorch's name. Nearly went with the much more obvious choice because I couldn't remember lol

Back
Top Bottom