• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion PokeDoku - Daily Scores & Discussion

Spoiling all the details (even categories) so as to avoid hints but made
Psychic/Flying
a lot harder for myself by choosing
Gmax Hatterene
under
Gmax Galar

Took me so long to remember what the other one was...

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Score: 9/9
Uniqueness: 224
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

O2rjfKOb.PNG

Uniqueness: 210
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Natu, Fletchinder, Cramorant
Baltoy, Numel, Runerigus
Gmax Orbeetle, Gmax Centiskorch, Gmax Alcremie

Honestly thought Hatterene would be the most popular for Psychic Gmax. Guess everyone else had the same idea as me.

oof

I didn’t play Gen 8 so this was kinda tough.

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary
βšͺ️Score: 6/9
Uniqueness: 430
βœ… βœ… βœ…
πŸŸ₯ βœ… πŸŸ₯
πŸŸ₯ βœ… βœ…

I do have to wonder if going for the supposed obscure picks eventually sways the popularity system towards those picks, making the obvious ones less popular :LOL:

Uniqueness: 214
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

The G-Max form gave me some trouble :D

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 209
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

I was afraid to select regional forms but it looks like they are allowed based on the answers.

Thank you for reading.

I do have to wonder if going for the supposed obscure picks eventually sways the popularity system towards those picks, making the obvious ones less popular
This seems like this is what’s happening, coz I’ve input some pretty common picks and they have surprisingly low percentages

This seems like this is what’s happening, coz I’ve input some pretty common picks and they have surprisingly low percentages
I picked a mid stage evo (Corvisquire) for one of the answers because I figured people tend to remember first or final forms. Turns out it was the most popular pick. Oops.

The categories seem pretty simple so far. I wonder when the really obscure ones would show up. Things like egg groups, have signature Z-moves, signature types, or gender ratios. Of course the categories would ideally not be too obscure like PokeDex colour or body types.

Thank you for reading.

The categories seem pretty simple so far. I wonder when the really obscure ones would show up. Things like egg groups, have signature Z-moves, signature types, or gender ratios. Of course the categories would ideally not be too obscure like PokeDex colour or body types.

Thank you for reading.
The categories don’t seem all that simple to me. This game is hard, for me personally anyway.

Thank you for reading.
Personally I think if they go too obscure, it would stop the fun for a lot of more casual fans like me. I really enjoy the franchise, and have for a long time, but I'm not a competitive player nor do I have an incredibly complex understanding of its creatures or systems. I already struggle to get 9/9 personally as a casual player, but if they switched it to egg groups, gender ratios, etc. then I'd probably stop playing since I'd barely get any points at all.

Maybe someday, if Pokedoku gets big enough, they could implement a second daily puzzle for more knowledgeable players with some of the categories you've listed. That way, people like me still have the regular one, but those looking for a greater challenge could have the option. Might bring in more people to these puzzles!

November 4

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary
βšͺ️Score: 7/9
Uniqueness: 345

βœ… βœ… βœ…
πŸŸ₯ βœ… πŸŸ₯
βœ… βœ… βœ…

This was a fun one! Gmax/Galar is obviously a pretty simple one, but other ones like Ground/Psychic left me totally stumped. For whatever reason I could not think of a single Galar/Ground; I'm starting to learn I'm just really bad at remembering Ground types. I'm super proud that I got Numel for Ground/Fire since I wasn't sure if it was right but it was the only thing I could think of. It's really fun to put one in out of desperation and actually have it work.

I'm really glad I made this thread. This is becoming a fun daily tradition with you all. I always enjoy reading your answers and thought processes.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 264
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Play at: https://pokedoku.com

New type and region category is nice. I’m not sure how long this can go before getting a little repetitive though - but maybe that’s when you go for more obscure choices.

Agh, I screwed up! Input too quickly and was late to register that UBs don’t count as legendaries. Bah!

Points 8/9
Uniqueness 283

Couple of things:
  • The game considers different forms different answers, so you’re likely to get a higher rarity if you pick Pokemon with multiple forms e.g Unown or Vivillion.
  • Are Tapus also considered legendaries?

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 105
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Pleased and surprised at a low uniqueness score!

GrassPsychicAlola
FlyingShaymin-SkyOricorio-PauTrumbeak
IceSnoverCalyrex-IceVulpix-Alola
LegendaryOgerponCosmoemTapu Bulu

As of now, only Calyrex-Ice is the least common answer, while the rest have some answer that has less people guessing.

Alola is one of the regions where the type diversity is bolstered by the regional forms. If it weren't for that, Ice and Dark would have such slim pickings (Crabominable and Incineroar & Guzzlord respectively).

Yes, Tapus are legendaries. So are the Treasures of Ruin in Gen 9, in case anybody want to know.

Thank you for reading.

Agh, I screwed up! Input too quickly and was late to register that UBs don’t count as legendaries. Bah!

Points 8/9
Uniqueness 283

Couple of things:
  • The game considers different forms different answers, so you’re likely to get a higher rarity if you pick Pokemon with multiple forms e.g Unown or Vivillion.
Yeah, the Tapus are definitely legendaries.

The weird one from that Gen is the Type: Null line, which is like technically internally flagged as such in game I guess, but is very borderline.(EDIT: now that I think about it more, the line between UB and Legendary is also a little blurry, that entire generation is a mess) I believe this game also goes by "phione is mythical" rules, which is an entire separate rant.

just barely squared through with a lot of list viewing. the gen 7 stuff screws me up real bad. finally got a W after a while though

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 197
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

you can tell from the commonality of some choices which gens im least familiar with lmao

gk9Y7aP.png

had to resort to alolan ninetails as a crutch cus i literally could not thinking of a single ice type from gen 7. wild stuff

Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 251
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
Tropius, Lugia, Trumbeak
Snover, Ice Calyrex, Crabominable
Wo-Chien, ---, Tapu Bulu

Attempted Deoxys because I always get mixed up on what's a Mythical and what's not.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 185
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Nearly slipped up on the legendary thing and went for a mythical before realising. I guess mythicals are their own category?

November 5

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary
Uniqueness: 297

πŸŸ₯ βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

You're telling me Carnivine ISN'T Grass/Flying?? I quit, this game sucks /s

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 396
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Kind of weird today.
Didn't think it was supposed to generate squares with only one possibility.

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary βšͺ️
Uniqueness: 498
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Hmm, almost but not quite. This was a tough one. Heavy on Scar/Vio which I still don’t have internalized as much

It's a fascinating challenge, I think I'll add this to my regular rotation of games to play. Didn't do so hot, but I think I can get the hang of this easy enough

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary βšͺ
Score: 6/9
Uniqueness: 555
βœ… πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 414
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Besides the ones with only one answer, I picked:
Slither Wing for Fighting Paradox (to complement Iron Moth).
Iron Hands and Hariyama for Fighting's Electric and Hoenn respectively.
Wattrel and Taillow for Flying's Electric and Hoenn respectively.
And then Numel for Fire's Hoenn.

The real surprise is how there are already one-answer posts. Also surprised that Iron Jugulis is the only Flying-type Paradox (good thing that whoever did this knows there isn't a Normal-type Paradox.

Thank you for reading.

Heavy on Scar/Vio which I still don’t have internalized as much

Yeah, I don't think I've ever used a paradox Pokemon so I couldn't tell you anything about any of them, and I assume I'll never have to think about them again in terms of the games anyway so they get memory holed for me along with ultra beasts and...well, basically any kind of detailed info about every legendary or mythic.

Points 8/9
Uniqueness 452

Yeah… I got screwed by the Paradox Pokemon too, especially since I didn’t play Violet. I knew none of the Ancient Pokemon were Flying type so it had to be one of the robots, and I guessed robot Delibird. Agh.

At least I kinda somewhat made up for that mistake with Thundurus. No one likes to think about those djinn.

Electric/Fire also took me longer than I care to admit given I was just talking about picking Pokemon with different forms…

Uniqueness: 385
βœ… βœ… βœ…
πŸŸ₯ βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

far far better result than i deserve for this one with how many new gen mons there were lol

got so lucky with the paradox mons cus i remembered literally maybe one but putting in 'iron' showed them all so i could just guess based on looks lmao

VDJrN41.png

i can't believe these where there's literally one dang mon thats the right answer and it never reaches my head. i just kept wracking my head for an idea and always ended up with Electrivire or some Ultra Beast or something

thinking "man electric/fire sure is a really weirdly specific typing that doesn't sound very real" lmao

that i have everyone beat on uniqueness despite missing one is so funny tho lol

Last edited:
Uniqueness: 406
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

So much for "at least two possible answers per combination" :v

Not super up to speed on my Paradox Pokemon, never really thought about them outside of 'oh they're familiar but funny looking'. Definitely easier to guess ones from Violet than Scarlet if you know what they look like but not their name, thanks to their naming convention.

I have a similar blind spot for Ultra Beasts. If and when that comes round I'll basically just be guessing Stakataka for all of them as its the only one I know the name of.

Uniqueness: 429
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Iron Moth, Iron Valiant, Iron Jugulis
Heat Rotom, Pawmot, Zapdos
Numel, Makuhita, Mega Rayquaza

Got stuck on Fire Paradox for far longer than I should've.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 435
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Not a fan of there being only one answer for a bunch of these. There just aren't enough paradox Pokemon (or Ultra Beasts, for that matter) to warrant their own category imo.

Pokedoku has addressed the concerns about single-answer questions and replaced today's puzzle:

With that being said, by the time I got on today, the puzzle had already been replaced so I did the second version. Anyway...

πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary
Uniqueness: 313

βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Bit of an overreaction to completely replace the puzzle if I'm honest, didn't really see any issue with it.

There being only one answer for some cells is certainly no excuse for anyone bully or harassing them, what the hell is wrong with some people?

I usually remove the "Play at" link, but I think I will leave it. Why? Because at least it's convenient to come into this thread and click on someone's link to go to the page.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 112
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

DarkDragonMonotype
SteelPawniardSliggoo-HisuiKlang
PoisonQwilfish-HisuiNaganadelGulpin
First in evo linePoochyenaAxewSeedot

The last row one is really good to see, some variety. I wonder if we'll ever see a middle evo one, which I imagine would be kind of tricky.

Thank you for reading.

Pokemon fanbase really isn't beating the 'worst and most toxic fanbase in history' allegations, huh.

I agree that there’s too few Paradox Pokemon for a decent category.

I’m not gonna complain about a fresh puzzle to solve though!

Points 9/9
Uniq 134

Got my lowest pick percentage so far at 0.9%!

Imagine harassing someone over sudoku.

Uniqueness: 122
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Pawniard, Gmax Duraludon, Mega Aggron
Stunky, Eternatus, Nidorina
Maschiff, Goomy, Skwovet (nice 0.2%)

Lol Numel is a rarer answer than Torkoal? The metagame is getting harder

it actually made sense to me cus Torkoal is an individual one-evo mon. i always go for the middle/starting evos whenever possible, that's generally a working pattern

me finally ready to get an actual W

Uniqueness: 214
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…

also me deciding to fly too close to the sun on the easiest one

LLe4623.png

i just had Dragalage on the mind since it was my first thought for poison/dragon, and ended up thinkin "man oh yeah Skrelp would be a great niche choice here!"

Skrelp is Poison goddamn Water

absolutely robbed

Back
Top Bottom