• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion PokeDoku - Daily Scores & Discussion

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Score: 9/9
Uniqueness: 150
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

@Revolsin Yeah you gotta be really careful with not fully evolved mons. The exact same one crossed my mind this puzzle, but I remembered that its type actually changed upon evolution. There are a lot of not fully evolved mons that gain or even change a type along the way, that your mind just automatically associates with that line. Like I was watching an NU match the other day and didn't even realize Hattrem wasn't a fairy type like Hatterene lol. Trying to go for better uniqueness score can be dangerous

Uniqueness: 131
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

This went a lot better than yesterday. Wasn't sure whether they want monotype first stage that stays that way all the way through or not, so I picked one for the former to be sure. The mind games involved in trying for a very unique pick kinda remind me of the actual game :D

5/9 on the second puzzle today, which was a lot better than earlier

there’s a steel dragon type? a dragon poison type? da heck?

I didn't get it at first, and I don't know how to share results but I guessed 8/9

Edit: figured it out
πŸ”΄ PokeDoku Summary βšͺ️
Score: 8/9
Uniqueness: 291
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
πŸŸ₯ βœ… βœ…

Is a lower or higher number better?

Not enough love for my boy Naganadel, I really enjoyed using him in Ultra Moon. I guess he is an Ultra Beast so it’s not easy to find ways for him to come back, but I hope he does at some point.

Not enough love for my boy Naganadel, I really enjoyed using him in Ultra Moon. I guess he is an Ultra Beast so it’s not easy to find ways for him to come back, but I hope he does at some point.
I remember the body, not the name 😞

bro gonna be real i don even know that thing i just stumbled onto its name on a list and thought it looked the right type lmao

I was about to answer Poipole for Poison/Dragon but changed my mind the last minute, because I knew that Poipole didn't gain the Dragon-type until evolution.

Thank you for reading.

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 181
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Staravia, Gallade Mega, Finneon
Spinda, Aggron Mega, Relicanth
Fletchling, Diancie Mega, Frogadier

such an absurdly good run in terms of uniqueness, almost fuckin perfect mannnnnn.

me showin my hoenn prowess right here, except, rare occasion where i got one wrong the first time and right the second attempt, so i ran out of pp for the last row

Uniqueness: 175
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… πŸŸ₯ βœ…

HOW IS CHINCHOU NOT A HOENN MON WHAT
uc2nRLl.png

I HAVE TO REPLACE WITH CLAMPERL OF ALL THINGS & SACC A POINT MAN

fuck.

also surprising misplay Mega Garchomp of all things being most popular, i was so so sure Lucario would be the more picked option being such a big thing in the anime to the world champion arc and as a mon just so popular

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 158
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Got ourselves another 100%er here. I liked this one more, lots of options for quite a few of the cells, interesting to see where people fall on the uniqueness spectrum (likely in the 100s)

Score 9/9
Uniqueness 123

Yeah I think it’s easier to get more unique answers for this puzzle because there is a lot of possible answers. Not a bad thing though!

Uniqueness: 190
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Munchlax, Mega Garchomp, Finneon
Zangoose, Mega Medicham, Clamperl
Furfrou, Mega Diancie, Clauncher

Uniqueness: 149
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

A lot more fun if a third of the puzzle isn't taken up by 100% answers :D
Another 100% answer, and I daresay that Kalos deserves another Mega Evolution (and Unova too).
Never understood the thought process behind "here's this new gimmick but basically nomon in this region can use it!

Uniqueness: 149
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

A lot more fun if a third of the puzzle isn't taken up by 100% answers :D

Never understood the thought process behind "here's this new gimmick but basically nomon in this region can use it!

well it was a way to make all the older mons relevant again right. i appreciated where it went with it

Mega Beedrill is the single most raw justice a pokemon has ever gotten

November 7

Uniqueness: 171
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

My first-ever Pokedoku win! Woohoo!

Especially proud of my answer for Water/Hoenn with Lombre. I wasn’t even 100% sure that Lombre was Hoenn, but decided to go for it. It was used by only 1.9% of players!

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 81
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Play at: https://pokedoku.com

(!) means current the least popular choice
SteelDragonFirst in evo line
GhostHonedge (!)Drakloak (!)Golett
RockStakataka (!)Tyrunt (!)Rolycoly
LegendaryZamazenta-CrownedNecrozma-UltraKubfu

Thank you for reading.

Uniqueness: 81
Daaamn that’s the lowest score I’ve seen so far. (It’s kinda weird to say it like that, since low scores are usually negative lol).

My score:
Points 8/9
Uniqueness 280

I always get screwed by the Legendary-Mythical distinction.

Daaamn that’s the lowest score I’ve seen so far. (It’s kinda weird to say it like that, since low scores are usually negative lol).

My score:
Points 8/9
Uniqueness 280

I always get screwed by the Legendary-Mythical distinction.
In actuality, the uniqueness score increased by the time more people completed the puzzle. Last time I checked, it's now at the low 100's instead of 81 that I reported just now. I guess if you go early and you pick the rare answers, you can get a low score too.

Thank you for reading.

Uniqueness: 207
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Blade Aegislash, Drakloak, Frillish
Lairon, Tyrunt, Roggenrola
Origin Dialga, Origin Giratina, Cosmog

the trend of having a hype ass run and gettin dropkicked by one thing continues boys

Uniqueness: 273
πŸŸ₯ βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

n2ZLRmm.png

i swear these ones where there's like one real evo line ALWAYS gets me man. shocking too with how popular Aegislash is

cosmog took me a WHILE too like damn, not playing Sun all the way really screwed me. i just kinda vaguely remembered a mild overview of the plot i read and went with it on a whim. and it's not even the only option??

i feel if i just got the top left and top right with some good answers it woulda been a sub 200 uniq for sure. tragic

Uniqueness: 205
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

Dodged a bullet there not choosing Manaphy for bottom right, wasn't even aware there's another one at first. πŸ˜…

I love that we're all figuring out the rules and systems of this thing together, lol

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟
Uniqueness: 171
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Play at: https://pokedoku.com

I think uniqueness is calculated based on the total percentages, which confirms my suspicion that a low score is a result of choosing less popular Pokemon.

Thank you for reading.

Score 9/9
Uniqueness 148

I’ve also been picking Pokemon whose names are somewhat hard to remember for English speakers, and so far it’s been working to drive down the uniqueness rating. Togedemaru and Chien-Pao were pretty good in that regard.

Score 9/9
Uniqueness 148

I’ve also been picking Pokemon whose names are somewhat hard to remember for English speakers, and so far it’s been working to drive down the uniqueness rating. Togedemaru and Chien-Pao were pretty good in that regard.

so far the best 'cheat' for me is definitely evo middle forms lol.

ill just be like "mannn i just cant think of a single mon of the type from this region aside from the starters!" then pick like Frogadier or some shit and it's sub-10% lmao

Missed yesterday, oops. Anyway, for today:

🌟 PokeDoku Champion 🌟

Uniqueness: 178
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…

I wish the game had an easy mode. It sucks getting one wrong and that's it, you can't finish the puzzle. Other wordle type games leave you a bit of slack to mess up and recover. Maybe like 12 guess instead of nine? I'm hopeless at remembering PokΓ©mon types when it's weird shit like Steel/Ground or whatever.

Uniqueness: 144
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
βœ… βœ… βœ…
Wash Rotom, Sealeo, Arctovish
Togedemaru, Alolan Sandslash, Cufant
Therian Thundurus, Glastrier, Regidrago

Togedemaru is a surprisingly popular pick.

Back
Top Bottom