• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
God i am so, so disappointed by Quaxly 3.
Didn't like the design from the sprites, but the actual in-game shot made it look better, though still not among my favs.
Then the stats, disappointing for a sweeping type combination. Especially the Spd.
But okay, i could accept this all, it even has a signature move that increases it's Spd.

Then i saw the animations. Wow. It's pure comedy relief. Like, they wanted to make it look fabulous, but it's just comedy relief.

I think such a Pokemon shouldn't be a starter and the starters should be more neutral in their themes. I would've preferred if they would've went with a Capoeria theme for it, that would also fit the fighting part better.

This is more disappointing to me than Alola's Popplio, because i didn't like a single stage of that one. But i love Quaxly.

Currently 95% sure i'm going with Fuecoco instead. Really like the whole line.

Jesus, the grass starter has a signature move that both never misses and always crits. A move that never misses and always crits on a Pokemon with the Hidden Ability Protean.
Are you folks high, GF?

The hammer fairy! I LOVE IT! The whole line is awesome down to the lore. First stage is sad because it's bullied, second stage is "revenge time" and the final stage is "be careful who you bullied in middle school" and "i'm the bully now!". Love it.
100% part of my team. Like, there is nothing that could change this.
It even has an insane signature attack, like holy heck.

Annihilape, god tier. Very likely another 100%-on-my-team candidate.

Generally i really like most of the Pokemon that leaked through the night. Few i don't fancy with like the spider evo, but i'd still rate them as okay designs.

Lost it at Dunsparce evo being a bigger Dunsparce. It's so stupid that it's genius again.

I have switched my choice to the Samba-dancing Quaquaval.

Amazing animations. Phenomenal theming and personality.

To be honest, I was pretty apathetic towards the last stage of the duck. Seemed like another stock humanoid, pugilist, final stage starter. Like water Blaziken.

But then I saw its pose and its animations. And I gotta say, how unabashedly gay they made this thing makes me like it a lot more. The sheer audacity to commit to zero subtlety.

I mean I'm still going with the crocodile. But I like the duck now too.

Though I also get wanting starters to be more thematically neutral, this general starter trope of bipedal, humanoid fighter just seems so overdone I'm glad they at least did something to make it distinct.

While i generally have nothing againts bipedal starters, it must make sense for them to be bipedal.
Like Litten going from 4 to bipedal was straight dumb. Stuff like Totodile/Charmander being bipedal and staying so was okay.

But this goes both ways, a bipedal Pokemon going to down to all 4. It's just strange many times. For example, it doesn't work that Samurott goes down from it's two bipedal pre-evos.
Forgive me if i forget a Pokemon in the sheer amount that exist now, but i think the only one where it really works well is actually Fuecoco.

----

Just read that Steel type Terastal symbol is an axe. An axe on the head of a Pokemon.

... I think i need to find an ancient Salamence with Steel Tera type.

Trying to find the tweets, but a lot of screens/gif are down ....

E:

@Dardan Sandiego

1668060159936457.gif

I love the hammer fairy but I don't want it to be mean to birds. I think it should be friends with them

Small story spoiler:

Arven is the son of Sada and Turo.

Which ... is not that surprising given he has both Sada and Turo's hair colors in his hair.

Saw someone else saying they were naming their Quaxly evolution Sylvando, and I am totally joining the party after seeing his animations

images

seems like they finally learned how to make good evos for old Pokémon. I was worried about dudunsparce after sirfetchd but thry did good

Goals tbh

It's literally a Warhammer 40K Space Marine in Pokemon form. It's known that Space Marines can become so stubborn and angry that they refuse to succumb to fatal wounds and literally will themselves to stay alive.

The Set mode stuff is so fucking disappointing tbh. Unless they patch it in on launch (extreme doubt), my interest has fallen off of a cliff. Shame since there's so much about this game that looks good.

Set mode being removed is fucking asinine and makes me not want to play the game. Why are they always this extremely overprotective of their customers with no flexibility whatsoever.

Edit: came over a bit harsh but it's just frustrating. I can just decide to press "no" but that just adds more layers of dialogue to skip again.

Last edited:
Set has literally been in the game since Red and Blue, it's a nonsensical removal.

Not even just for the difficulty change, but because now I'll always be prompted to switch in every battle forever.

Hopefully it's patched in (assuming the day one patch isn't already available), or it's like Stereo audio in Sword and Shield and there is a random NPC somewhere you can talk to lol.

The most insane thing about this is also sucks for people interested in competitive. If the rumors of no postgame battle facility hold, then for more casual players shifting to competitive is going to be the worst it's ever been. The only way to learn the format is pure trial by fire online or looking up Smogon, and I doubt casual players are going to go that far

Just like with forced exp share it doesn’t personally affect me but removing Set Mode entirely is a clownshoes move. What are they thinking?

Since i'm switching from Quaxly to Fuecoco, i checked it's base stat again ... and boy, i need moveset leaks soon.

Having a signature attack that raises it's solid SpA is great, especially in combination with Unaware one day, but it's so slow i really hope it gets a recovery move.

Alright, i somehow missed the evolution of the Dolphin Pokemon but just saw it.

I wish i didn't.

Poor little dolphin.

Sorry for the double post, but Meowscarada looks great in motion (also sorry for the Twitter video):

Edit: Looking through that Twitter account, looks like Gallade has a new ability (increases power of cutting moves). That's an exciting change, hopefully more Pokemon get some love.

Shame you can't see the move, from the little you see it appears that was it's signature attack. 70 Atk power, never misses, always crits.

Sorry for the double post, but Meowscarada looks great in motion (also sorry for the Twitter video):

Edit: Looking through that Twitter account, looks like Gallade has a new ability (increases power of cutting moves). That's an exciting change, hopefully more Pokemon get some love.

Looks so much better than the Dex screenshot! Redeemed 😻

After complaining about them upthread both the duck and the cat’s evos have grown on me exponentially. Such is Pokémon.

So looks like ~103 new Pokemon, and mostly great designs and concepts.

Centro implied there are 11 placeholder slots in the data, likely for Mythicals and the future DLC. In theory we already know two of them are Paradox Pokemon that were rumored.

Given the paradox mons are (save for the one that appears as the titan) post game i think i'm going to slot my team like this:

• Skeledirge (Fire/Ghost)
  • Annhilape (Fighting/Ghost)
  • Tinkaton (Steel/Fairy)
  • Kilowattrel (Flying/Electric)
  • Tatsugiri (Water/Dragon)

That leaves one open slot, and i might swap out Tatsugiri if it's lacking in stats and/or movepool.

Kinda wanted to use Armarougue and as Quaxly-replacement the Water/Fighting Tauros, but i don't want to have to many double types.

the superhero dolphin is such a troll move. It’s hilarious and so out of left field. I both respect it and hate it

Dunno if legit, so i refrain from posting it here, but there's a image of ancient paradox suicune in Arven's Scarlet Book.

It looks like it's Suicune, Raikou and Entei fused together to one ancient giant beast.

Given Suicune an Virizion are going to be DLC paradoxes, it's likely that Virizion will be a fused robot thing with all of the sword of justice legendaries.

Looking through this sheet somebody has been compiling:
Looks like the Engine Pokemon get Speed Boost, could be fun.

Also a few more Intimidate users, though it sounds like it's been nerfed into the ground.

Dunno if legit, so i refrain from posting it here, but there's a image of ancient paradox suicune in Arven's Scarlet Book.

It looks like it's Suicune, Raikou and Entei fused together to one ancient giant beast.
Supposedly the same for Virizion too, has bits of Cobalion and Terrakion.

Given Suicune an Virizion are going to be DLC paradoxes, it's likely that Virizion will be a fused robot thing with all of the sword of justice legendaries.
Makes sense considering some of the other Paradoxes take pieces from the line their based one, like Slither Wing with Larvesta/Volcarona and Iron Valiant with Gallade/Gardevoir.

--

This strongly implies that the Legendaries have the Sun and Electric Terrain abilities they were rumored to have as well.

Bit rough for Brute Bonnet and Slither Wing in the sun, and Iron Bundle and Iron Jugulis in Electric terrain.

I wonder what typings they're going to have. ^^

Btw. looks like one streamer is back, read it on Twitter. Appears they're at the E4 and getting their arse handed to them by the E4.

Either the streamer is severly underlevelled by speedrunning to them, or there's actual challenge this time.

Makes sense considering some of the other Paradoxes take pieces from the line their based one, like Slither Wing with Larvesta/Volcarona and Iron Valiant with Gallade/Gardevoir.

--

This strongly implies that the Legendaries have the Sun and Electric Terrain abilities they were rumored to have as well.

Bit rough for Brute Bonnet and Slither Wing in the sun, and Iron Bundle and Iron Jugulis in Electric terrain.

You can use an item to activate the ability too, gives up an item slot but it makes some of these Pokemon a bit mor flexible (and most are already really good anyways)

Centro posted this image, I'll link it here since it seems legit. Keep in mind it may not be legit.

I thought it was confirmed that Miraidon/Koraidons abilities are Sunny Weather / Electric Terrain with a stat boost or a similar additional bonus?

Definitely think i've seen a screenshot.

I thought it was confirmed that Miraidon/Koraidons abilities are Sunny Weather / Electric Terrain with a stat boost or a similar additional bonus?

Definitely think i've seen a screenshot.
I must have missed the screenshot, but it's probably true.

You can use an item to activate the ability too, gives up an item slot but it makes some of these Pokemon a bit mor flexible (and most are already really good anyways)

I must have missed the screenshot, but it's probably true.

As if ancient Salamence and future Volcarona aren't strong enough regarding stats (and partially type-wise), no they also have the option to be even more broken by simply holding an item.

Being honest, i can't think of any way that a few of those paradox mons aren't going straight into uber tier.

E: Fixed the sentence.

Last edited:
As if ancient Salamence and future Volcarona aren't strong enough regarding stats (and partially type-wise), no they also have the option to be even more broken by simply holding an item.

Being honest, i can't think of any way that a few of those paradox mons are going straight into uber tier.
Delibird has the potential to be in the banned tier.

Here's an image Centro created of all the new Pokemon:

FhNUqfeWIAEYWZv

This looks so good!

This is my provisional team for the story run this gen (bolded is core, normal is interchangeable):

1. Meowscarada (Grass/Dark)
  2. Cetitan (Ice)
  3. Grafaiai (Poison/Normal)
  4. Annihilape (Fighting/Ghost)
  5. Garganacl (Rock) or Espartha (Psychic)
  6. Dachsbun (Fairy) or Tinkaton (Fairy/Steel)
This might very well change but it's my working theory for now!

Once per battle rather than on each entry, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom