• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Pokémon Legends Arceus Leaks/Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a pretty regular thing now that Switch isn't just easy to put homebrew on, but there are also multiple functional emulators. I remember things being similar with Dread which was the last major Nintendo release.
Anecdotally, Dread leaks were not so prevalent. I believe you that they existed if you knew where to look, but they didn't make it to the mainstream Twitter and Reddit accounts where a lot of this Pokémon stuff is coming from. But that could just be because Pokémon fans are so used to leaks, people are less cautious about posting stuff which has been obtained early and potentially illegally

I think that its not as easy to play pirated switch games as enthusiasts think it is. It takes a pretty decently advanced PC to emulate the switch well. And only base switches are easy to hack. Its definitely more prevalent than most consoles, but its not that common

Someone said they don't like the fact that you need Pokemon to do tasks like climbing or farming. I'm like....."did this person not watch the anime?"

Someone said they don't like the fact that you need Pokemon to do tasks like climbing or farming. I'm like....."did this person not watch the anime?"
I haven't watched anime in around 20 years, but I would argue that complaining you use Pokémon to do tasks that not every human can easily do in a game called Pokémon is a little silly

I'd rather have your own Pokemon do that instead of a default rental pokemon. It's one of the few things that bother me in Legends.

I'd rather have your own Pokemon do that instead of a default rental pokemon. It's one of the few things that bother me in Legends.

I get the sentiment, but the animation variety would have to be vast if that was the case. We will likely be in a scenario of 100 pokemon on the roster. And what if you're in a scenario of no flying type, it would be tedious to have to go and get one. I am kind of glad they got rid of HM specific pokemon for that reason.

I get the sentiment, but the animation variety would have to be vast if that was the case. We will likely be in a scenario of 100 pokemon on the roster. And what if you're in a scenario of no flying type, it would be tedious to have to go and get one. I am kind of glad they got rid of HM specific pokemon for that reason.

Let's Go already did that though, and it worked. As long as they gave us 5-6 options for each ride variety (flying, swimming, climbing, riding) it would be sufficient. I'd they let us access the PC anytime like in SwSh it would be even less of an issue.

HMs bothered me because they took a move slot. Removing that limitation and letting me access PC anytime would make the HM system viable again imo.

Honestly all of the new pokemon have grown a lot on me, seeing them in game helps a ton for sure, and official art will help even more.

Ursaluna, Overqwil and Hisuian Goodra in particular have shot up to the top tier for me from starting out lower

Ursaluna, Overqwil and Hisuian Goodra in particular have shot up to the top tier for me from starting out lower
I like them too. I think I may try and use them in my party sometimes. I'll likely go the meme Sinnoh pokemon route but I dunno...

Let's Go already did that though, and it worked. As long as they gave us 5-6 options for each ride variety (flying, swimming, climbing, riding) it would be sufficient. I'd they let us access the PC anytime like in SwSh it would be even less of an issue.

HMs bothered me because they took a move slot. Removing that limitation and letting me access PC anytime would make the HM system viable again imo.
Let's go doing that just broke the game though because you could swap out whatever Pokemon you wanted between fights, absolving any damage you may have taken without cost

My biggest disappointment in Gen 8 (that seems to be present in Legends: Arceus) is the continued insistance that the player doesn't get to plant berries themselves.

BDSP was a strong reminder of why I loved gen 3 and 4's handing of berries: you get to take control over your berry inventory and decide what berries to plant and where, while also being in control of the crop yield.

Hell, most of my postgame time in Brilliant Diamond has been doing a daily run of my berries, working on getting 50+ of each rare berry. I just hit 50 Enigma berries the other day.

Let's go doing that just broke the game though because you could swap out whatever Pokemon you wanted between fights, absolving any damage you may have taken without cost
What you call cost I call tedium—having to fly back to heal your Pokemon and then bike all the way back just to continue making progress isn't a test of skill

As for the Elite Four, being able to access your box means you'd have to actually have more than 6 viable Pokemon trained up to compete with them. The Elite Four was already easy anyway with the ability to revive and heal between battles. Changing your team around isn't exactly "game breaking"

@Leo's idea would work perfectly if future games did what BDSP did - simply disallow access to your boxes Pokemon once you enter the Elite Four.

What you call cost I call tedium—having to fly back to heal your Pokemon and then bike all the way back just to continue making progress isn't a test of skill

As for the Elite Four, being able to access your box means you'd have to actually have more than 6 viable Pokemon trained up to compete with them. The Elite Four was already easy anyway with the ability to revive and heal between battles. Changing your team around isn't exactly "game breaking"
Well said. I'm not the biggest pokemon buff but as I played Let's go I felt it lost some of the tension I remembered from the earlier games with the inclusion of non-random encounters and full access to the PC. Tho, if you've beat all of the trainers along the path so far and there's no random encounters to deal with, I can see how that just washes out.

I'm all for streamlining the series, perhaps it was just because Let's Go retrofit these changes into a classic game that it threw me.

You're half correct, that's not a test of skill.

What's supposed to be the test of the player is whether you end up in the situation of needing to backtrack to heal in the first place.

There's only two major ways to have difficulty in a JRPG like classic pokemon. Either you have every battle be ballbustingly hard to the point where every single battle can potentially be a game over (In pokemon's case, a white out), or you have numerous easier battles that wear your resources down a little bit each and may force you to retreat to heal. Obviously option 1 is never going to be the one they go for in pokemon, so it has to be option 2.

The entire gameplay loop of the single player modes is about whether you've adequately prepared by bring a sufficiently varied team to deal with what you came across until the next safe point, typically meaning the next pokemon centre.

This entirely falls apart when you can access all your pokemon everywhere because not only does it become extremely difficult to lose because in general no single AI battle is going to knock out all your pokemon, but even if they do manage something that might have previously whittled you down little by little, that's now impossible because the moment one of your pokemon is knocked out, there's no reason to do anything but immediately swap it for a fresh one at no cost in any form of resource, time, or effort from the player. This is compounded by the now permanent exp share meaning you have a glut of exp and pokemon that are constantly overleveled, even in remakes of older games.

That's real tedium, because now every battle is functionally pointless as there's no real way for the player to lose out in any meaningful way, no matter what happens.

With any luck, Arceus has rectified this.

You're half correct, that's not a test of skill.

What's supposed to be the test of the player is whether you end up in the situation of needing to backtrack to heal in the first place.

There's only two major ways to have difficulty in a JRPG like classic pokemon. Either you have every battle be ballbustingly hard to the point where every single battle can potentially be a game over (In pokemon's case, a white out), or you have numerous easier battles that wear your resources down a little bit each and may force you to retreat to heal. Obviously option 1 is never going to be the one they go for in pokemon, so it has to be option 2.

The entire gameplay loop of the single player modes is about whether you've adequately prepared by bring a sufficiently varied team to deal with what you came across until the next safe point, typically meaning the next pokemon centre.

This entirely falls apart when you can access all your pokemon everywhere because not only does it become extremely difficult to lose because in general no single AI battle is going to knock out all your pokemon, but even if they do manage something that might have previously whittled you down little by little, that's now impossible because the moment one of your pokemon is knocked out, there's no reason to do anything but immediately swap it for a fresh one at no cost in any form of resource, time, or effort from the player. This is compounded by the now permanent exp share meaning you have a glut of exp and pokemon that are constantly overleveled, even in remakes of older games.

That's real tedium, because now every battle is functionally pointless as there's no real way for the player to lose out in any meaningful way, no matter what happens.

With any luck, Arceus has rectified this.

That's a great point, you've convinced me. Lol

Another interesting point to add is that access to the box may not mean much if you're not looking to grind out pokemon outside of your main party. In my case, even with access to other pokemon I'd tend to still backtrack to stick with my "core group".

SwSh kept the PC accesible anywhere, so I don't think this feature is going anywhere.

It's not like Pokemon are hard games and you would need to swap Pokemon between battles to survive anyway, so I appreciate that as a long overdue QoL feature. Messing with boxes was always one of the worst parts of Pokemon.

PC from anywhere needs to stay more for post game QOL than anything else, its a godsend to access the PC from anywhere when you are grinding for something or doing some sort of task

SwSh kept the PC accesible anywhere, so I don't think this feature is going anywhere.

It's not like Pokemon are hard games and you would need to swap Pokemon between battles to survive anyway, so I appreciate that as a long overdue QoL feature. Messing with boxes was always one of the worst parts of Pokemon.
Oh nice, I didn't play SwSh.

The last -Japanese- trailer really hyped me even more. But I can't decide on the starter. There's not the one which I definitely want to choose, at least on my first run, like in most other Pokemon games.

@Leo's idea would work perfectly if future games did what BDSP did - simply disallow access to your boxes Pokemon once you enter the Elite Four.

They could even tie that mechanic to the lore - have a scene before facing the E4 where you register your team of candidates for the hall of Fame, and from that point on, you would be locked to that team.

who keeps doing this
stop it
get some help
Kazumasa-Iwao.png

I've seen a number of leaks now and they're more specific things rather than large swaths of straight gameplay, but I want to stop watching. Can someone tell me how many Nobles there are?

I've seen a number of leaks now and they're more specific things rather than large swaths of straight gameplay, but I want to stop watching. Can someone tell me how many Nobles there are?
5 Nobles, technically, however

I think 8 total fights that use the Noble structure

Got a copy early, played a bunch of it and I've been enjoying it a lot which is pretty impressive because I'm very much a lapsed, grumpy ex-Pokemon fan.

That said I still this is game is pretty rough in some aspects even excluding some obvious issues with the graphics. Maybe this gets better later (and correct me if I'm wrong) but I feel Pokemon you encounter pretty much all fall into a couple categories, being either timid/aggressive/easily scared but beyond that their behavior doesn't seem to be different from Pokemon to Pokemon at all. I'm not asking for RDR2 animal AI or anything but some unique traits/more field animations/interacting with the world would have been nice, it all feels very robotic and auto generated now, not very lifelike at all, amplified by the fact the game asks you to catch/fight so many of them. I guess you get a cute canned animation after you catch one and you let it out at least.

Again maybe that'll get better later, I'm still fairly early on, and honestly it does feel like a huge step forward even if it is pretty barebones. (On that note, how long does the game to beat if you kind of mainline it if anyone knows?)

Last edited:
Got a copy early, played a bunch of it and I've been enjoying it a lot which is pretty impressive because I'm very much a lapsed, grumpy ex-Pokemon fan.

That said I still this is game is pretty rough in some aspects even excluding some obvious issues with the graphics. Maybe this gets better later (and correct me if I'm wrong) but I feel Pokemon you encounter pretty much all fall into a couple categories, being either timid/aggressive/easily scared but beyond that their behavior doesn't seem to be different from Pokemon to Pokemon at all. I'm not asking for RDR2 animal AI or anything but some unique traits/more field animations/interacting with the world would have been nice, it all feels very robotic and auto generated now, not very lifelike at all, amplified by the fact the game asks you to catch/fight so many of them. I guess you get a cute canned animation after you catch one and you let it out at least.

Again maybe that'll get better later, I'm still fairly early on, and honestly it does feel like a huge step forward even if it is pretty barebones. (On that note, how long does the game to beat if you kind of mainline it if anyone knows?)
The first streamer who rushed to beat it did so in 16 hours.

Those shiny rates in mass outbreaks looking mighty fine. Would explain why we are seeing so many shinies from those who got early copies

If anyone is curious, Khu, the guy who leaked PLA, is saying that we are getting DLC
Feel like he's been hinting at that for a while but at least he's now just saying it outright

While he obviously seems to have had info for PLA I'm still hesitant on trusting him fully, but I'd be down for DLC for this game. Excited to start playing in less than 12 hours!

Make the DLC some new region and then fill it with a bunch of regional variants of Gen IV Pokemon, including the starters.

Hopefully the DLC goes to some sort of desert region to differentiate itself from the other areas of the game.

I hope they announced DLC in a couple months like they did with SwSh. I'll get as much Pokemon Legends as I can, thank you.

I hope they announced DLC in a couple months like they did with SwSh. I'll get as much Pokemon Legends as I can, thank you.
Probably for Pokemon day since they need a tentpole announcement for it

Here's my prediction: Pokémon Arceus gets a reverse Isekai DLC. We end up in the real world where everyone plays Pokémon GO and we have to save the PCU (Pokémon Cinematic Universe) with Arceus. All new Charcters will be voiced in the real world!

The professor looks really weird. A little bit cliche british with his bowtie. And he's slipping some english words into his sentences in german. Maybe atleast we will get some Galaar Region DLC and go back into the future?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom