• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Pokémon General ST | Here's My Pokédex Number, So Kalos Me Maybe

Will you be giving the new anime starring Liko and Roy a chance?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
It's just such a vibrant region, especially once you add in the DLC areas. The characters are great, I love the way everyone calls you "champ" after you beat the game, etc.
I actually never got around to the DLC but it's on my list. I hear great things so I'm excited. I do think the Pokemon models look great in SwSh

Dunno how many folks here care about speedruns or the GCN games but I thought this was cool

Despite the short-comings in the complexity of the locations, I did vibe a lot with the locations in Galar. Something about the color scheme and music and the way the characters talk really did remind me of an anime-version of the week I spent in UK a few years ago. James Turner did a good job at guiding the staff on that note.

the way the characters talk really did remind me of an anime-version of the week I spent in UK a few years ago
I’ve consistently heard players from the UK praise Sword and Shield for how it nails the atmosphere and general vibes of their country, down to little details like the color and shape of the trash bins. I guess it isn’t surprising; Pokemon has always been remarkably good at nailing the aesthetics.

What did you all think of the TCG Classic set with the fancy board and damage counters? I'm not too interested in the classic card decks but I really liked the set for playing at home. Gonna pick it up if it's not too expensive.

Screenshot_20230302-030900.png

Uhh, what? Why are there now four USAs and what even is the distinction between them?

Honestly, Galar has to be my favourite. Once you count the DLC areas, it has some of the most content, most (catchable) Pokémon, and honestly, while the criticism of its graphics were warranted, Crown Tundra is still, as Pokémon games go, pretty good looking!

I've been casually "speedrunning" Ruby since yesterday because I want to mess around with some of the online Mystery Gift tools, but I can't inject the Eon Ticket into my existing Emerald games (I have a GB Operator so I can mess with my cartridge saves). I made it to Norman in 2 hours, which is obviously not speedrun pace (the current world record is 2 hours lol), but its felt pretty fun and snappy. Norman is the goal though since that is what unlocks Mystery Gift.

I really should have saved my eReader and Eon Ticket. For all I know they might be in storage somewhere. I did have the Eon Ticket for a long time, but I have no idea where the eReaders ended up, and I assume it's now with them.

It's been a great excuse to use my Analogue Pocket as well.

I'll be curious to see how/if they implement the Gen 3 events whenever they rerelease those games. I could see the Eon Ticket in Ruby/Sapphire and the Navel Rock in FRLG, leaving Emerald with Birth Island. Though there is also the Mew island that only came to Japan.

So I can't confirm this myself, but I'm seeing some reports online that people who didn't have an active Bank subscription when the eShop closed can't use Poké Transporter. If that describes you, it might be a good idea to check that and report it to Nintendo support, so they can get that fixed.

So I can't confirm this myself, but I'm seeing some reports online that people who didn't have an active Bank subscription when the eShop closed can't use Poké Transporter. If that describes you, it might be a good idea to check that and report it to Nintendo support, so they can get that fixed.
I haven’t subscribed to Bank in years. Can confirm—Bank is working, but Transporter is telling me my pass is expired. Hopefully that gets fixed soon, will be a little annoyed if it doesn’t.

It is tangentially mentioned on the English page, but it's pretty explicity mentioned on the Japanese website that PokeTransporter was intended to be free, so it's probably just an oversight, and hopefully a quick fix.

Pumped for the new anime starting in a couple of days here. Might just have to break out a Liko avatar once I examine the possibilities.

Watched the first episode of Pokemon Horizons.

• Didn't know it was going to be set in Kanto, though Liko herself is from Paldea. I wonder if we're gonna see cameos from Ash, Misty, Brock, etc. then?
  • Speaking of Liko, her first scene has her waving back at someone who was waving to another person behind her. Super awkward and she tries to play it cool while internally flustered. I like her already.
  • The animation is gorgeous. The designs stay closer to Sugimori art while still being fluid.
  • The plot seems like it will be more structured than the Ash sagas. It's simple: Liko has a MacGuffin and there's at least two parties with a vested interest in it. But it's definitely not just going to be Liko going on a road trip adventure, bumping into random people along the way.

I might actually end up watching this weekly.

OP has finally been updated, and so has the poll!
Gave the first episode of Horizons a watch myself today (subbed), and quite enjoyed it!

Got to watch the 2nd episode of the new anime.

• The pendant has a baby Terapagos in it for some reason. So that makes it a valuable macguffin. Then Liko joins a crew of sky sailors, which is pretty rad.
  • Definitely some weakness in the finer details of the writing, especially when the Volteccers were moving around their ship, but all in all it’s very interesting how different the structure of the story is compared to the Ash anime. The plot isn’t Pokemon of the Week, but rather it just happens to involve Pokemon in it.
  • Poor Sprigatito gets Poke-napped at the end! Already Amethio has a better track record than Team Rocket. I’m curious if Liko will spend a significant amount of time apart from her partner Pokemon.
  • Captain Pikachu’s sheer confidence is amazing.

Since the Paradox Pokemon care about Sun and Electric Terrain, I'm thinking GameFreak may add Drought and Electric Surge to some new lines in the DLC to help shakeup the metagame and to make some older, unused Pokemon relevant again.

I was looking through which Pokemon only have one or two abilities that would be good candidates in the DLC. Vikavolt is an obvious one that we know is coming, but then I found a pair that would work pretty well: Electivire and Magmortar. They could even give it to their faster pre-evolutions Electabuzz and Magmar to open up a few more options.

Of course, they may not add Drought and Electric Surge to new Pokemon in the DLC, but it's fun to speculate. Figured I'd share as Electivire and Magmortar fit the idea so well that it feels plausible to me.

The new anime finally shows us Paldea, if only briefly. It looks great! Fidough is friggin’ adorable.

Any idea how I can fix this problem with Home?

Fx7JVELXwAEGSqk

Wormadam just won't register, and it's stopping me getting the shiny Magearna once I finish Sword.

Things I have tried:

Putting it back into a game and then back into Home.
Moving its location from one box to another.
Trading with someone on the GTS, my Wormadam for theirs.
Deleting the app entirely.

Edit: Fixed it! The one I'd deposited from Arceus was Trash Cloak, and the one I traded for on the GTS was Sandy Cloak. Neither of those triggered. I just got a Plant Cloak from the GTS and that one did.

Last edited:
Any idea how I can fix this problem with Home?

Fx7JVELXwAEGSqk

Wormadam just won't register, and it's stopping me getting the shiny Magearna once I finish Sword.

Things I have tried:

Putting it back into a game and then back into Home.
Moving its location from one box to another.
Trading with someone on the GTS, my Wormadam for theirs.
Deleting the app entirely.

Edit: Fixed it! The one I'd deposited from Arceus was Trash Cloak, and the one I traded for on the GTS was Sandy Cloak. Neither of those triggered. I just got a Plant Cloak from the GTS and that one did.
That has to be a bug, but I'm glad you resolved it.

Caught up on last week's and yesterday's episodes of the anime today. Nemona is good fun, written just like in the games!

I've finally got my Shadow Hisuian Pokemon in a game where you can see their ribbon:
6XLvRH.jpeg

6XLexx.jpeg

6XLSek.jpeg

6XLzJe.jpeg

I brought a Shadow Primeape over to evolve as well.

Last edited:
I've been playing through a bunch of DS/3DS games lately, slowly working my way through an extra copy of Ultra Sun I had picked up (anticipating price increases in ~5 years). Alola is such a great region. I get why folks don't like all the cut scenes, but Alola is the definition of cozy.

I also went back and caught some Legendaries I hadn't in my Black 2 save, which only reinforced my belief that an HD-2D remake of BW would be perfect. The games still look great today. I know this will never happen.

Finishing up an old X run I had restarted and I forgot that the E4 in Kalos only have 4 Pokemon each. XY is definitely the low point for making the games too easy.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I actually fired up the Dream Radar after watching Johnstone's video on it. I had a Lugia waiting for me from who knows how long ago. I don't own SoulSilver, so it must have been back when I still lived with my parents and could easily borrow my siblings' games. I also forgot the Pokemon come in Dream Balls, which is nice for ball fashion.

Last edited:
I've recently caught all possible Pokemon with Hidden Abilities in Pokemon Sword, after I have finally gotten an Inner Focus Mudsdale and Pickpocket Shiftry to show up in the Max Raid dens! All that remains for Pokemon Sword are the Shield-exclusives, namely Corsola (non-Galarian), Basculin (Blue), Reuniclus, and Ludicolo. The latter is probably unrealistic to get because it has the same difficulty in obtaining like Shiftry. Of course, there are also the legendaries where you can't obtain those with HA, save for using Ability Patches (which are expensive in this game).

Also, my free Pokemon Home box is really starting to fill up with Pokemon that I can't add to Pokemon Sword, so I'm wondering if I should get the Premium Plan to tide over Scarlet and Violet. The amount of Pokemon unobtainable between SwSh and SV are shrinking which is good, but between both of them the list is still not complete yet. I'm not getting Scarlet/Violet till the DLC drops, and actually, I hope the game+DLC cartridge drops not long after both of them were released.

Thank you for reading.

Wanting a game that is short and sweet, I started New Pokemon Snap. I don't think I'm very good at it but wow. It's a long shot but it will be lovely to use these visuals as the base for a new Pokemon game. Pokemon doing random, silly things in their natural habitat? Pokemon actually interacting with each other? Sign me up.

85a02d07efe86b7365262db651309ec8e5fe5f5b.jpg

935388200ef89eaecd2fb04c860117847103d457.jpg

168f74f63110a5a89272334c8242f4501d298170.jpg

Especially that underwater level. Oh goodness me. That was gorgeous.

And now that I'm looking at these photos on a PC instead of on the OLED Switch.... that OLED screen really makes a big difference, eh?

I have a semi-brief yet mildly complicated history with Pokémon. I had Blue back in 1998 and got all the way to Mewtwo. My brother asked to play except we didn’t realize there was only one save slot. RIP save file. He was like six years old then. Not even mad, but losing that progress soured Pokémon for me. Hadn’t played a Pokémon game since.

One global pandemic 20+ years later, I decided to pick up the third version of the first four generations so Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. The latter three are among the most I’ve spent on used games (at least Platinum was complete).

As a pixel graphics homer, I’m not particularly interested in Black/White or later (we’ll see though). Otherwise, I drew the line at absolutely no remakes. Well… the FireRed delivered today says otherwise (also among the most I’ve spent on used games) because I have no convictions or willpower. As for the next remake:

IMG-0267.png

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Yesterday I finally finished my months-long project of capturing all the Ultra Wormhole Legendaries in both Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun.

I actually like the Ultra Warp Ride minigame, but I'm glad I no longer need to dip in.

Funnily enough, the hardest one to get was Guzzlord, which was the last Pokemon I needed for the Shiny Charm in Ultra Sun. I ended up dipping into the GTS instead, though I accidentally found one in Ultra Moon weeks later.

I got about 16 shinies while looking for all of the Legendaries, which made me wish the Ultra Space encounter pools were a bit deeper as I got plenty of doubles (Four Stunfisks @_@).

Last edited:
Hey there!

I've been meaning to replay Pokémon Shield lately and I had a couple of questions about it:

Back in early 2020, I got a German copy of Pokémon Shield (Schild!) which I played and finished. COVID happened and I sold my copy and I can't remember why but I'm sure it was because of the huge yellow sticker on the cover. If I buy any EU version of the game, will my original save file still work even if it was from the German version of the game? I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning though!

Also, I'm also planning to buy the Season Pass. It's €30 though! Has it ever been on sale? Is there any small chance for it to ever go on sale? I know discounts on Nintendo games are hard to come by, but I want to try my luck 🤞.

Hey there!

I've been meaning to replay Pokémon Shield lately and I had a couple of questions about it:

Back in early 2020, I got a German copy of Pokémon Shield (Schild!) which I played and finished. COVID happened and I sold my copy and I can't remember why but I'm sure it was because of the huge yellow sticker on the cover. If I buy any EU version of the game, will my original save file still work even if it was from the German version of the game? I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning though!

Also, I'm also planning to buy the Season Pass. It's €30 though! Has it ever been on sale? Is there any small chance for it to ever go on sale? I know discounts on Nintendo games are hard to come by, but I want to try my luck 🤞.

Pokémon SwSh is region free so any country versions will work.

The season pass has never officially been on sale but you can get it at a discount none the less from third party retailers like shopto.net

Pokémon SwSh is region free so any country versions will work.

The season pass has never officially been on sale but you can get it at a discount none the less from third party retailers like shopto.net

Thanks! I'll go and grab a copy later today then!

Latest episode of Horizons was fun! Finally, the plot moved ahead a few meters :'D

Also, finally Liko got behind Gurumin's secret identity 👀

For those among you who enjoy long YouTube videos, PvK has a new video about the usage and relative merits of RBY Rhydon and Golem:

Meanwhile, Werster has been working on a new route for SoulSilver glitchless speedruns that overhauls much of the early game to get a different Raikou that can take on Red more consistently, maybe:

Back
Top Bottom