• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Pokémon Brilliant Diamond + Shining Pearl Leak Thread (massive content spoilers inside)

So, not 493 catchable in one game? I.was a bit surprised, beacause it sounded like that.
It should be almost all if not all of them, as long as you trade for exclusives and have SWSH and LGPE data on file

So, not 493 catchable in one game? I.was a bit surprised, beacause it sounded like that.

The first 493 pokemon are obtainable in game but not all of them will be catchable. Some will need trading, and probably some will need transfers.

Yep, no audio confirmation yet but I'm seeing several reports that the final music tracks were indeed patched in with the newly released update.

These leaks and the patch turned these games from sure skips into a nice Christmas present to myself. Kind of like what I did with Ultra Sun. I'm going to be busy playing Forza Horizon 5 this month and Halo Infinite MP next month anyway, so I can wait.
And the gifts don't go away until February, so there's plenty of time.

These leaks and the patch turned these games from sure skips into a nice Christmas present to myself. Kind of like what I did with Ultra Sun. I'm going to be busy playing Forza Horizon 5 this month and Halo Infinite MP next month anyway, so I can wait.
And the gifts don't go away until February, so there's plenty of time.
I still need to play more of Sun and then Ultra Sun sometime!

Dang these leaks turned my opinion around tbh it actually sounds like quite the neat postgame. Also those underground vistas omg.

So you're meaning to tell me these aren't completely buggy unfinished cashgrabs? surprise pikachu face

This isn't a jab at the other forum btw, it's just insane how Pokemon fans were judging the game based on two weeks early copies that the leakers hadn't even completed yet.

The clearly placeholder content was replaced by the final content? I am shockingly shocked by this shocking event.

B-but I want to get irrationally angry online about a franchise I haven't played in years and wasn't planning on playing ever again anyway!!!1!!1!!

Patch 1.1.0 datamined + complete soundtrack
Probably the last final major update before launch:

- Patch 1.1.0 is live and has indeed replaced the placeholder music with the final battle theme remixes. The soundtrack is together at last. There are some new music, probably tied to the Ramanas Park and the new legendaries fight.

- Darkrai and Shaymin events are complete and coded in the game. You can't access them without a certain item that will be distributed through Mystery Gift at a later date, but they have unique backgrounds and battle themes. They're the exact same as the original games, down to the triggering way.

- Arceus' event is in the game but is entirely inaccessible. Even through scripts, the event is simply not complete, despite the Hall of Origin actually being there and Arceus' battle theme getting a remix. The Azure Flute and all the requisite items are in the files, but can't be accessed. It's likely tied to another future distribution.

- Swarm encounters now give a very (very) obvious visual indicator that they're in the current area. I'll let you appreciate them.

- DS Sounds, Shiny Charm and Capturing charm are obtained from the Hotel Grand Lake NPCs after becoming champion

- The statues found in the undergrounds can be shiny. It is unknown yet what does it change, but they're rarer than the regular ones.

a0xjeyr4xxy71.jpg

- There's a Diglett finding side-quest / mini-game in the underground. They reward you with some items (unknown which ones yet).

- You can actually find Giratina Origin Form in the new Distortion Room, in the Ramanas Park after beating the Champion. You'll need a slate found in the underground. Presumably, you can battle and capture it there but also in the Turnback Cave, so it is unknown how exactly will the game manage both encounters being possible in the same playthrough. Maybe if you get it in Turnback you won't get it in the Distortion Room? And vice-versa? We don't know, but the Distortion Room has inverted controls as a nice nod to Pokémon Platinum.

- Poké Radar is in, and Pokémon encountered that way can have their hidden abilities.

I'm happy to see a lot of the really bad stuff got fixed. I kind of did expect it to, but you never know. Still very frustrating that they didn't rebalance the main campaign around the new forced EXP Share, or add most/any of the Platinum content. I also still think a lot of the visual changes and the lack of using the trainer's battle models for the cutscenes show that these remakes were very limited in scope. Same with the fact that other than some very specific stuff related to things like the postgame legendary park and the underground they've essentially added nothing new to this compared to all past pokemon remakes.

It is what it is and these games clearly came in ridiculously hot with how unfinished what is actually on the cartridge is. I do think the the postgame rematches along with the fixed music has pushed me over the fence back to picking these up though, and I hope that they continue to partner with ILCA on future projects as I think with more time they could do something even better. Still think it's pretty fair to criticize how barebones these games are for $60 though, especially when they're arguably not better than the original DS version of Platinum that launched at $35.

Most of the Platinum content is in really. The only things that seem to be missing are Battle Frontier and Looker's quest, alongside a wallpaper and the existence of Charon? They have a similar in purpose Distortion Room, and the Platinum teams are all reflected in rematches.
Battle Frontier is kind of a big deal imo and indicative of just a really weird stubbornness on the part of GameFreak/Masuda specifically. Distortion World is also not there (fair enough) but my biggest gripe is not using the Platinum teams for the first go around with the gym leaders. They are much better teams that actually showcase what is unique about the 4th gen. Same thing with the changes made to the dex and which Pokemon you can find on which routes being made much more diverse, allowing for more unique team compositions. I'm aware that they shoved a lot of these Pokemon into the underground but I think that's a really inelegant solution compared to just... integrating them into the main game.

Same thing with the changes made to the dex and which Pokemon you can find on which routes being made much more diverse, allowing for more unique team compositions

You can have far more unique team compositions in BDSP than Platinum since you have access to the Underground pretty early in the game. But I guess that's a matter of opinion.

I think this largely stands its footing against Platinum. It seems to have on par if not more content.

Music is sounding amazing now. The Galactic Admin theme was one of my favorites, and the rearrengement is straight fire.

They remade Arceus OST holy crap! It seems this game will be thoroughly supported in 2022 and beyond(?). There's lot of events. Ah, the nostalgia.

Most of the Platinum content is in really. The only things that seem to be missing are Battle Frontier and Looker's quest, alongside a wallpaper and the existence of Charon? They have a similar in purpose Distortion Room, and the Platinum teams are all reflected in rematches.
you just described a not insignificant chunk of platinum's content

assuming battle zone is still in the D/P state and not Pt that's another hit to the postgame questline that was out there with Charon and Looker

Battle Frontier is kind of a big deal imo and indicative of just a really weird stubbornness on the part of GameFreak/Masuda specifically.
I remember reading that they'd collected data which suggested only a very small percentage of players actually engaged with the Battle Frontier, hence why it was removed as a concept from future games. I get that it sucks for you and many others, but it does completely makes sense to excise a feature that the vast majority of players never use and focus dev resources elsewhere.

I remember reading that they'd collected data which suggested only a very small percentage of players actually engaged with the Battle Frontier, hence why it was removed as a concept from future games. I get that it sucks for you and many others, but it does completely makes sense to excise a feature that the vast majority of players never use and focus dev resources elsewhere.
My issue here is this: isn't there data suggesting that most players don't even finish most video games? Does that mean you shouldn't bother making an ending? I mean if half of the people who play your game won't see it than why bother? Obviously that's hyperbole, and I get that going forward they probably don't want to keep investing dev resources into something most people don't end up doing, but this is a remake of a generation that did previously have this feature (yes, only in Platinum, but still) and they've cut it once again.

Including features that not many people may see but that are beloved all the same is kind of... what makes the difference between games that are at best alright and great games. Most people probably didn't make it to Dark Side or Darker Side in Mario Odyssey but the devs still put that stuff in there because they knew that for the fans that got the most into the game they'd appreciate more difficult and interesting stuff to do after beating the main story. Heck, I bet most people won't really engage with Ramanas Park, but they still put it in there because for those that do they will probably really enjoy it!

Lastly, somewhat unrelated but also, they've cut the actual good parts of the GTS, which was a pretty fantastic feature at the time, to push people to Pokemon HOME which feels a bit scummy.

My issue here is this: isn't there data suggesting that most players don't even finish most video games? Does that mean you shouldn't bother making an ending? I mean if half of the people who play your game won't see it than why bother? Obviously that's hyperbole, and I get that going forward they probably don't want to keep investing dev resources into something most people don't end up doing, but this is a remake of a generation that did previously have this feature (yes, only in Platinum, but still) and they've cut it once again.
Depends on the percentage of people that actually engaged in it, if it was single digits, hell it could have even been lower, then it makes a ton of sense to stop putting effort into it.

Video confirmation that yes, you can fight Giratina Origin Form in the Distortion Room, much like in Platinum. You can't catch it, since you actually get it in Turnback Cave, so it's a sort of superboss level 100 fight to get the Griseous Orb.

Video confirmation that yes, you can fight Giratina Origin Form in the Distortion Room, much like in Platinum. You can't catch it, since you actually get it in Turnback Cave, so it's a sort of superboss level 100 fight to get the Griseous Orb.

Wow, super cool, Pokemon should do more things like this.

Yeah this is actually sweet. Would like to see them do more stuff like this in future games.

I believe this is the strongest Wild Pokémon fight ever made in the series.

So BDSP has both the strongest trainer fight ever (Cynthia's 2nd rematch) and the strongest Wild Pokémon fight.

I believe this is the strongest Wild Pokémon fight ever made in the series.

So BDSP has both the strongest trainer fight ever (Cynthia's 2nd rematch) and the strongest Wild Pokémon fight.
You fight Regigigas at level 100 in one of the games (might be Crown Tundra), but this is probably "stronger" than that.

Very few people engage with VGC and official tournaments, yet Game Freak continues to support those and isn't likely to stop any time soon

You fight Regigigas at level 100 in one of the games (might be Crown Tundra), but this is probably "stronger" than that.

It's Crown Tundra and yeah, Regigigas's ability is nerfing him so I think Giratina is probably the strongest fight.

Giygogagohgwooh indeed

Nice to see there's more to this game than I was expecting. Still not really feeling like purchasing it but it's neat that there seems to be a decent effort put into the postgame content.

I'm a simple man. All it would take for me to grt this was an exp share toggle. I actually don't mind anything else would most likely enjoy it, but forced exp share showed me how boring it makes the games with Sw and Sh. It is what it is.

Is there a full list of the differences between versions?, I don't play a pokemon since gold and silver and played a bit of X/Y so I'm kinda temped in getting this one

That's not an insignificant amount of content, and you're forgetting a lot of other stuff like significant aesthetic improvements to the region, the villa, improved gym layouts, better routing through Sinnoh, the extra online multiplwyer stuff, and the back button on the Pokétch. Also let's not act like rematch teams and the Distortion Room are actual replacements for the originals, because they're not.

Despite some token inclusions, BDSP are still aggressively ignoring Platinum, as the trailers indicated.

That's not an insignificant amount of content, and you're forgetting a lot of other stuff like significant aesthetic improvements to the region, the villa, improved gym layouts, better routing through Sinnoh, the extra online multiplwyer stuff, and the back button on the Pokétch. Also let's not act like rematch teams and the Distortion Room are actual replacements for the originals, because they're not.

Despite some token inclusions, BDSP are still aggressively ignoring Platinum, as the trailers indicated.
I was surprised they didn't include these aesthetic changes, Platinum added a lot of little touches that made Sinnoh as a whole feel more cohesive and unique. This was one of my first disappointments from the initial trailer.

I’m definitely feeling mixed on these games, but I’m pretty sure I’ll end up enjoying them in the end. The new music is solid, I don’t mind the art direction, and I love the apparent post game challenges. Not really feeling the seemingly mandatory friendship mechanics though, randomly living at 1 HP or getting healed from status always feels cheap imo.

I’m definitely feeling mixed on these games, but I’m pretty sure I’ll end up enjoying them in the end. The new music is solid, I don’t mind the art direction, and I love the apparent post game challenges. Not really feeling the seemingly mandatory friendship mechanics though, randomly living at 1 HP or getting healed from status always feels cheap imo.
Yup, this where I stand right now as well. This hype cycle as been a rollercoaster.
A lot of awesome stuff like the OST and rematches, but this forced affection mechanic really brings it down. To me it's worse than the forced exp. share.

I know some people asked, but yes the Regis are in the game too. Those battle backgrounds look really good.

Has there been any mention of catch rates in these leaks? One change they made in Sword/Shield is that catch rate seemed to be tied to your Pokemon, to very exaggerated effect. Catching things felt weirdly difficult if you were even a single level lower than the wild Pokemon, but were trivially easy if you were ahead in level. Wondering/hoping they walked back that change.

Has there been any mention of catch rates in these leaks? One change they made in Sword/Shield is that catch rate seemed to be tied to your Pokemon, to very exaggerated effect. Catching things felt weirdly difficult if you were even a single level lower than the wild Pokemon, but were trivially easy if you were ahead in level. Wondering/hoping they walked back that change.

i imagine that was to prevent people from catching high level Pokémon in the wild area, so i think it's a SwSh only thing.

Back
Top Bottom