• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Pokémon Brilliant Diamond + Shining Pearl Leak Thread (massive content spoilers inside)

Kano

yoda gaming
It's an ongoing discussion, so I'm going to continuously update the thread with confirmed and unconfirmed stuff. The sourcing is going to be lacking sometimes because Nintendo is actively deleting stuff.

CONFIRMED:

• The games are a faithful remake of Diamond & Pearl and don't contain any story changes, nor new Pokémon or new forms. Every platinum form is in and accessible though.
  • The game is made with Unity.
  • There is a big day one patch coming that will implement the remaining music (atm, none of the battle themes have remixes, but all the overworld tracks do) and access to the new post-game area that leakers currently can't access.
  • The trainers are based on the DP teams (with update movesets), including Elite Four and Champion, however...
  • The VS Seeker item makes its return in this game and you can rematch every trainer in the game, including gym leaders and champions (and they have their Platinum teams when rematching the first time). All gym leaders and champions have three teams (default, Rematch 1 and Rematch 2), with the second Rematch being amongst the strongest fights in the entire series (Cynthia is now the strongest fighter in the Pokémon series with her lvl 88 Garchomp matching Red's Pikachu in Gold and Silver).
  • Many Pokémon have new idle animations, based on their DP sprites
  • Game has been balanced around the exp share, and people playing the game so far have been relatively on par with the gym leaders fights when fighting every trainer on the road.
  • Friendship mechanic comes back with the following Pokémon gaining friendship, giving it some luck buffs and EXP boost.
  • The original DP HMs are now TMs.
  • TMs aren't unlimited anymore, gym leaders give you multiple copies.
  • You can still play music notes with badges.
  • Every customization option from the original games are there, except for the Letter ball seals you got from catching Unown, and one of the PC wallpapers to remove Charon (a Platinum only character).
  • Battle Frontier isn't in, but the Battle Tower has been reworked with more options (but it's unaccessible without the day one patch so no more details). We know Battle Tower has Multi Battles.
  • Pal Park has been renamed as Ramanas Park and is now a new post-game area that lets you catch legendaries Pokémon from Gen 1 to 3, with dedicates rooms for each. It is unaccessible at the moment, but the leaked description also imply you will be able to fight trainers from different regions there. In order to access these rooms, you'll have to roam the Underground looking for Slates.
  • You can get gifts of Jirachi if you have a SwSh save, and Mew if you have LGPE (quite early in the game).
  • National Dex is in, and all 493 first Pokémon are in the game.
  • An item called the DS Sounds, similar to the GBA Sounds of HGSS, replaces the soundtrack with the original games one.
  • Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin events are coded in the game but it is unknown at the moment how you access them. Could be post-launch distribution of items.
  • Arceus is definitely not capturable in the game as it is though, even though his event is in the game.
  • Shiny Charm is in.
  • None of the pokémon except Jirachi and Mew are shiny locked.
  • The QoL improvements from ther recent games (bottle caps, passing down Egg Moves etc.) are in.

UNCONFIRMED:
  • The AI has apparently been overhauled for gym leaders, champions and post game rematches, with use of EV, IV and strategic combinations. Tough fights overall in the postgame, possibly the toughest in the series.
  • Transfer rulesmight be pretty strict, and it might be a one way-out from BDSP to HOME. However, text also implies you'll be able to transfer from Legends to BDSP, so it's unclear at this point.

Pictures of the Distortion Room where you find the Griseous Orb (and potentially fight Giratina? unclear) for Giratina's secondary form, in the post-game area.
FDzRhsNWQAA-Dke

Hall of Origin, where you supposedly fight Arceus:
pzyx5esddny71.jpg

One of the new areas from Romanas Park where you fight legendaries Pokémon:
FDz1GwxXsAEVPbd

I'll keep updating the thread.

Last edited:
Surprised to hear that it's running on Unity! Never thought I'd see a major Pokemon game using that.

I think the only other first party game using it is... Jump Rope Challenge. Unless I've forgotten something!

Game has been balanced around the exp share, and people playing the game so far have been relatively on par with the gym leaders fights when fighting every trainer on the road.

Does this mean the levels of the gym leader teams have been increased? Or is the encounter rate lowered?

A lot of the trainers, especially in rematches, seem to have items and real movesets on their Pokemon. The postgame is actually pretty nice in that respect.

It looks like the levels are identical so we don't know exactly. Maybe the exp distribution has been lowered.

Interesting. Curious to see what other people's experience is.

Some rematch teams have been datamined as well:

rj170g0r7py71.jpg

That EV spread 👀

• Every customization option from the original games are there.

Pictures of the Distortion Room where you find the Griseous Orb (and potentially fight Giratina? unclear) for Giratina's secondary form, in the post-game area.
Two notes:

Not every customization option is in from the original games. They removed the Letter ball seals you got from catching Unown, they also changed one of the PC wallpapers to remove Charon (a Platinum only character).

There is already footage/screenshots of battling Giratina in Turnback Cave, it is believed that the Distortion Room is only for the Griseous Orb.

• There is a big day one patch coming that will implement the remaining music (atm, none of the battle themes have remixes, but all the overworld tracks do) and access to the new post-game area that leakers currently can't access.
  • TMs aren't unlimited anymore, gym leaders give you multiple copies.

Why?

Two notes:

Not every customization option is in from the original games. They removed the Letter ball seals you got from catching Unown, they also changed one of the PC wallpapers to remove Charon (a Platinum only character).

There is already footage/screenshots of battling Giratina in Turnback Cave, it is believed that the Distortion Room is only for the Griseous Orb.

There's also data indicating you can fight Giratina in the Distortion Room with its platinum music, hence why it is unclear at the moment.

The recent leaks about the game are some good stuff. Hopefully there will be some more surprises on the patch.

Also curious about the EXP share balance thing, if they really managed to do it, it would be excellent. Have all pokémon earn exp qually but still have some challenge is the best of both worlds.

This is technically an ILCA developed game, and they do things differently from Game Freak, as seen by the game being in Unity.

Did ILCA ship the game (directed by Masuda and published by Nintendo/TPC) in a state unknown to TPC and Nintendo?

Did ILCA ship the game (directed by Masuda by the way) in a state unknown to TPC and Nintendo?
I don't know, I can only answer what the datamine reveals. It's also entirely possible that the current OST is the final version, but given that some of the sound fonts seem like obvious placeholders, especially compared to other ones in the game (sometimes within the same track), it's likely they will patch in the correct sound fonts with the sizeable Day 1 patch.

The Battle Area and Ramanas Park both have text strings and actual data in the game, as well as references and map data, but the people who have played through the dumped game have yet to be able to access them.

Im actually more interested in this games reviews then most other ones. I want to see if 5e reviewers eat it up simply because its pokemon, if there will be spitefull criticism, or if will be a fair and critical bunch of reviews. (I know, a mix, but where the average will lean to)

And who cares if by the time you (and everyone else) gets their copy the game will be complete? We only know about this because the game leaked.

I do. Why do you care about what I care about?

The gym leader/elite 4 re-fights and Ramanas Park stuff seem like pretty cool additions, though they definitely don't compare to or make up for the lack of any substantial Platinum content. At least it gives the remakes some reason to be played over Platinum though even if they aren't exactly a definitive Gen IV experience.
The game is made with Unity.
Really excited to see what mods come out of this though. I'd assume it'll be much easier for modders to play around with than Gamefreak's own engine.

Will i be able to battle random opponents online like in gens 5, 6 and 7 (i know that the original DP didn't have that option)

that's not even true, because they update the cartridges post-release to include the patches lol

it's just bitching for the sake of bitching
whoaa I didn't know this

so for example if I got a new copy of animal crossing, the cart would be on a 1.x instead of 1.0?

Patch notes for the day one update. Will be about 3GB big.

• Addition of Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room and Mystery Gift communication features
    You will be able to enjoy local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show and Union Room. Additionally, you will also become able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
  • Addition of content after entering the Hall of Fame
    Some content that becomes playable after entering the Hall of Fame, including Ramanas Park, will be added in the update.
    • Note: even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before downloading the update, downloading it will allow you to play the additional content.
  • Addition of some in-game cutscenes and animations
    Some in-game cutscenes and animations will be added in the update, including the game’s ending cutscene and the title screen animation that is played when opening the software.
    • Note: you can view the title screen animation by starting up the software with existing save data and with the update installed. Even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before the update is installed, you can view the ending cutscene by entering the Hall of Fame again afterwards.
  • Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
  • Regarding a planned update after release
    On the release date for the software, up to two players will be able to interact in local and online play in the Union Room, and you will be able to select the “Battle”, “Trade” and “Mix Records” functions. In an update that will be made available after the software releases, the maximum number of players will be increased, and the “Greeting” and “Capsule Decoration” functions will become available.
    Additionally, trading using the GWS in Jubilife City and the use of the Colosseum feature inside Pokémon Centers will also be added in a post-release update.

whoaa I didn't know this

so for example if I got a new copy of animal crossing, the cart would be on a 1.x instead of 1.0?

Not everyone does it, but Pokémon definitely does. Some Nintendo games do too but it's a case by case basis I assume.

Glad the update is tommorow as I'll probably be getting it early sometime next week but yeah personally I'd have much preferred it to have come out in Dec and have the complete game on the launch carts.

Glad the update is tommorow as I'll probably be getting it early sometime next week but yeah personally I'd have much preferred it to have come out in Dec and have the complete game on the launch carts.
Yeah, I agree a delay would have been better, but for whatever reason the Pokemon Company is staunchly against delays. Be ready for PLA to be a little messy as well.

That’s pretty lame.

Gotta wait to get the full experience or if you have no internet you’re stuck waiting for a bit.

I’m not a fan of games coming in needing big patches for what was meant for release date. Seems they wanted this game out for this specific date and couldn’t finish it on time. Bummer, but alas, at least they’re letting us know ahead of time.

This is technically an ILCA developed game, and they do things differently from Game Freak, as seen by the game being in Unity.

Not everyone is so crazy like Kamiya, doing things without the consent of the licensing partner.

If they have better knowledge in Unity, it is a valid reason to choose the engine. And my guess is the main goal was to make a safe and cost effective game, while Arceus is in development. They did not want to delay the game, for what ever reason the music was not ready.

Maybe it was a human error and no one wanted this.

it's not a big deal but it would undeniably be better if the game were finished, not sure why that's being contended

Definitely piquing my interest now. I'm in the zone for a meaty Pokemon experience and it seems like this game has plenty of content. Like the idea of catching the legendary dogs from Gold and Silver as I was never able to as a wee slip of a thing when Gold and Silver first came out

• Game has been balanced around the exp share, and people playing the game so far have been relatively on par with the gym leaders fights when fighting every trainer on the road.
  • The VS Seeker item makes its return in this game and you can rematch every trainer in the game, including gym leaders and champions (and they have their Platinum teams when rematching the first time). All gym leaders and champions have three teams (default, Rematch 1 and Rematch 2), with the second Rematch being amongst the strongest fights in the entire series (Cynthia is now the strongest fighter in the Pokémon series with her lvl 88 Garchomp matching Red's Pikachu in Gold and Silver).
  • Battle Frontier isn't in, but the Battle Tower has been reworked with more options (but it's unaccessible without the day one patch so no more details). We know Battle Tower has Multi Battles.
  • Pal Park has been renamed as Ramanas Park and is now a new post-game area that lets you catch legendaries Pokémon from Gen 1 to 3, with dedicates rooms for each. It is unaccessible at the moment, but the leaked description also imply you will be able to fight trainers from different regions there. In order to access these rooms, you'll have to roam the Underground looking for Slates.

Damn....this game is already looking more interesting than SwSh.

And why exactly do you care about that if it won’t affect you or anyone else?

Btw there are multiple reasons why it not being complete on cart is bad.

Maybe middle class people who were online in the 90s cannot conceive of this but being a teenager in the early 2010s I, more often than not, didn't have internet at home. I'd have had to go to a friend's house just to get access to the complete game lol.

And of course the previously mentioned preservation issues. I'd prefer to be able to just put in the cart and play when Nintendo's servers go down which could be 15 years away or perhaps even sooner if something unlikely happens.

There are probably other reasons too that I'm not aware of. It is of course a small problem but yeah I care about it a bit.

If battle are really tough and have been scaled around exp.share, then count me in. The remakes are looking better and better.

Pretty interesting, glad they added some challenging post game content

Still not interested in the games but it'll make some people happier for sure and gives these remakes something to significantly differentiate themselves from the originals

Back
Top Bottom