• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Pokémon Brilliant Diamond + Shining Pearl Leak Thread (massive content spoilers inside)

Has there been any mention of catch rates in these leaks? One change they made in Sword/Shield is that catch rate seemed to be tied to your Pokemon, to very exaggerated effect. Catching things felt weirdly difficult if you were even a single level lower than the wild Pokemon, but were trivially easy if you were ahead in level. Wondering/hoping they walked back that change.
Anecdotally here, but I don't remember anything like this at all. The only thing I remembered about SwSh and catchrates was that it was made explicitly impossible to catch Pokémon if they were above a certain level relative to your badge count, but I never had any problem catching mons below that cap.

Has there been any mention of catch rates in these leaks? One change they made in Sword/Shield is that catch rate seemed to be tied to your Pokemon, to very exaggerated effect. Catching things felt weirdly difficult if you were even a single level lower than the wild Pokemon, but were trivially easy if you were ahead in level. Wondering/hoping they walked back that change.

Sword and Shield's only catch rate change made it harder to get pokemon above your levels, not the other way around. This was for balance purpose because of the wild area.

Considering you can also find Pokémon stronger than your level in the Underground, it probably applies the same there.

It is sad that now they are making exclusive games with 3rd party middleware. :/
There are a lot of things I don't like about this game, but I really don't get the issue with using an engine like Unity. Like... it's a game engine. Honestly, if anything it seems pretty cool since it should make it easier to create ROM hacks from it.

If anyone here is in the UK and near Birmingham or Coventry, CEX stores in those places now have stock and are selling the games right now, £50.

The yoshi game used UE4, not unity and there are a lot of other games using unity or ue4, ori runs like butter and it uses Unity for example. You can always optimize a third party engine to work better with your platform and normally that may be a better choice for smaller tema like the one developing this remake

My issue here is this: isn't there data suggesting that most players don't even finish most video games? Does that mean you shouldn't bother making an ending? I mean if half of the people who play your game won't see it than why bother? Obviously that's hyperbole, and I get that going forward they probably don't want to keep investing dev resources into something most people don't end up doing, but this is a remake of a generation that did previously have this feature (yes, only in Platinum, but still) and they've cut it once again.
Well, the cart doesn’t come with the ending cutscene, you have to download the day one patch to be able to see it 😂

Final list of exclusives between Diamond and Pearl
zd4bfcx5l6z71.jpg

zd4bfcx5l6z71.jpg
Couples of questions:

1. Will I be able to battle random opponents online line in gens 5, 6 or 7?

2. Do the special trainers (gym leaders/elite four) appear on the battle tower?

3. Do we have a list of TMs and Move tutors? (I wanna see if play rough and elemental punches made it in).

4. Are any of the post gen 4 battle items (like assault vest or eviolite) available in this game?

zd4bfcx5l6z71.jpg
Some pokémon have wrong counterparts in the other version and it's bugging me.

Teddiursa/Ursaring should have Phanpy/Donphan counterparts instead of Gligar/Gliscor. It's not fair, Gligar requires item to evolve while Teddiursa has a level up evolution. Gligar/Gliscor's counterpart should be Yanma/Yanmega.

Stantler's counterpart should be Girafarig, not Kecleon. Kecleon's counterpart should be Smeragle.

I know that this is not the first game. (That awful Yoshi game used too).
And as a developer, I know very well how a middleware can limit the optimization of a game. If you gonna make a game for more than 1 system, it makes sense, but for a console exclusive... Yes, you gain time, but, as I said, you lost a level of customization and because of this, your ceiling (in what you can achieve tech wise) is lower.

There is a reason that Nintendo never uses them in the in-house development.

A 3rd party middleware (with its multi system design) will never be as good as a specific middleware.

This does not affect you, the user, and shouldn't influence your enjoyment of the game...

Well, you can feel how you want about it, but I don't want to hear it if it's going to be this nitpicky

You, as an admin, just chose me to argue. So, if I am not welcome here by an admin, please, delete my account so.
I was just posting my opinion and explaining, I was not complaining about the game.

...not sure what being an admin has to do with arguing stuff in good faith?

About the same influence as what the engine running a game actually does for it.

Couples of questions:

1. Will I be able to battle random opponents online line in gens 5, 6 or 7?

2. Do the special trainers (gym leaders/elite four) appear on the battle tower?

3. Do we have a list of TMs and Move tutors? (I wanna see if play rough and elemental punches made it in).

4. Are any of the post gen 4 battle items (like assault vest or eviolite) available in this game?

1. We don't know yet since the online features aren't live yet.

2. Yes they do.

3. I don't think a readable list has been made yet;

4. All the items are there for you to look, I think some are in but some aren't.

FDufPZtWEAEfsEd

1. We don't know yet since the online features aren't live yet.

2. Yes they do.

3. I don't think a readable list has been made yet;

4. All the items are there for you to look, I think some are in but some aren't.

FDufPZtWEAEfsEd
How has that wrong Sport Ball art not only persisted this long but managed to show up in an actual game? At no point has it actually matched the in game sprite/model.

This bit was rude and admins should set examples for the community:

Well, you can feel how you want about it, but I don't want to hear it if it's going to be this nitpicky

And I did not say that a middleware ruined the game for me.

I said:
"It is sad that now they are making exclusive games with 3rd party middleware. :/"

This is a PERSONAL opinion about EXCLUSIVES, not only about this game.

After that I said:
"I know very well how a middleware can limit the optimization of a game."

These are just facts. People who really know what an engine is or can do will understand this.

My posts are simple. But I prefer to believe that my struggle with english is what caused this, because I can not believe that you and the admin attacked me just for a simple opinion and a fact.

Heck, I still have 2 PokéBank and 3 Pokémon Home accounts. I buy every game. And I was not rude with anyone. :/

Yeah, I've read the entire conversation. I disagree with your point of view, and also find it extremely nitpicky. And telling you it's nitpicky isn't rude.

You can have your opinion, and that's fine. And people can disagree with it, and even comment on it.

I never said that this will "influence my enjoyment of the game".

And this post I was just explaining what an engine is (because you and the users, despite always talking about engines, do not really know what one is or can do).

You, as an admin, just chose me to argue. So, if I am not welcome here by an admin, please, delete my account so.
I was just posting my opinion and explaining, I was not complaining about the game.

It sucks that someone that I do not know says that "don't want to hear" what I am saying, when you are the one putting words in my mouth. :/
I apologize for misunderstanding your intentions about mentioning the engine used. I assumed it was meant how it sounded—as a complaint about the game.

As for the admin comment, I'm not going to dwell on that too much. All I'll say is this: I will not action people who I simply disagree with or whose opinions bug me. This ain't that kind of place. There'd be a trail of banned users behind me if I did that, and I'd be making a serious mistake as an admin. You are absolutely welcome in your good faith opinions, even if they oppose mine.

In fact, I know with certainty that the rest of the staff would not let me get away with behavior like that. So you can feel free to call me out for being a jerk or misunderstanding you. This is kind of the basis for our community in the first place.

If you'd like, you can go through my post history and see all the instances where I'm called out for being an idiot. Trust me when I say you don't have to be worried. I'm just one stupid person who doesn't represent the opinions of the community as a whole.

I’m pending for pearl. Bird trio > dog trio, and maybe because I had Pokémon silver back in the day, Lígia > ho ho.
I’m just curious if the underground fixes a problem I heard about diamond and pearl and their lack of fire pokemons

Last edited:
zd4bfcx5l6z71.jpg
Well I've always gotten the first game of the duo versions(Ruby, diamond, Black, Black 2, X, Sun, Sword) so I don't see this convincing me to go back on that lol. Brilliant Diamond will be the one I buy. I'm done catching the 3 birds after Sword/Shield lol

Cant' really say how I feel about these game. I really enjoy the visuals, and post game seems substantial enough. on the other hand, the lack of Battle Frontier with various battle settings is unexcusable to me, and also my understanding is that the catchabale pokedex in the first run is not the one from Platinum. I guess I'll wait and see.

Of course no patch notes, but I wonder what the dataminers will find in the new v1.1.1 update

prefer palkia but BD wins on pretty much every other count lol

guess i’m getting dialga

I know that this is not the first game. (That awful Yoshi game used too).
And as a developer, I know very well how a middleware can limit the optimization of a game. If you gonna make a game for more than 1 system, it makes sense, but for a console exclusive... Yes, you gain time, but, as I said, you lost a level of customization and because of this, your ceiling (in what you can achieve tech wise) is lower.

There is a reason that Nintendo never uses them in the in-house development.

A 3rd party middleware (with its multi system design) will never be as good as a specific middleware.

Could be that they first decided what sort of game it's going to be and then chose an engine for that? Maybe the ceiling wasn't extremely high with this basically just being a faithful remake.

Does anyone know if wonder/surprise trade made it in to these games. I know it wasn't a Gen 4 feature but I loved that part of SW/SH so kind of hoping it's in.

Does anyone know if wonder/surprise trade made it in to these games. I know it wasn't a Gen 4 feature but I loved that part of SW/SH so kind of hoping it's in.

It should be in yeah, the old GTS building has been changed into surprise trade.

It will be patched in at some point post-launch.

Additionally, future updates will enable Link Trades at the Global Wonder Station (GWS) facility in Jubilife City

Back
Top Bottom