• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Nintendo Switch (P5R out now, P3P and P4G available January 19, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look pretty great there. I'm not super sensitive to fps but I'm expecting it to run at a mostly locked 30fps. Lower frame rate and lower resolution textures is a price I can pay to play a 150ish hour jrpg on a handheld versus my tv.

It does look pretty great there. I'm not super sensitive to fps but I'm expecting it to run at a mostly locked 30fps. Lower frame rate and lower resolution textures is a price I can pay to play a 150ish hour jrpg on a handheld versus my tv.
As long as it’s not abysmal, lower frame rate/resolution is fine by me for the convenience of portable RPGs. I just know it would take me twice as long to play on TV only console.

Well the direct footage looked basically like what I remember the PS4 version running on my PS5 looking like. Obviously not in 4K but it’ll get the job done on the OLED.

If Persona 5 Royal sells even just one copy more than SMT5, I could see Nintendo going after Persona instead of SMT next time. This is Nintendo, they get what they want.
I doubt that, mainline SMT has a long history with Nintendo and Nintendo's handhelds have been the home of the series since the DS with Strange Journey. Now that the floodgates are open I'm sure Nintendo will try to get Persona 6 on the Switch or its successor, but if given the opportunity they'll jump to get exclusivity for SMT6.

If Persona 5 Royal sells even just one copy more than SMT5, I could see Nintendo going after Persona instead of SMT next time. This is Nintendo, they get what they want.

Atlus seems to make such strange decisions I have no clue if even Nintendo could lure them away from their Persona-centered relationship with Playstation.

They clearly prioritize their domestic audience and that audience doesn't seem to live on Playstation during the Switch-era though...

I want to believe that Persona 6 will be available for (at least) the next switch console.

P.S. I know, wishful thinking

I want to believe that Persona 6 will be available for (at least) the next switch console.

P.S. I know, wishful thinking
Same, if not simultaneous launch then after a year exclusivity tops. But the realist/pessimist in me knows it will be a very late port to other platforms well after the expanded version is released.

Same, if not simultaneous launch then after a year exclusivity tops. But the realist/pessimist in me knows it will be a very late port to other platforms well after the expanded version is released.
Lets hope, you will be proved wrong :p

Wonder when Amazon launch edition pre-orders are up?

This whole digital process has been confusing for me. It seems like Atlus does this differently from everyone else. The last Atlus pre-order I did was the base Persona 5 "Take your Heart" edition at Gamestop lol. I did that in person.

Last edited:
3 and 4 being digital only is incredibly disappointing. Not even a combo pack physically to make better use of the storage sizes ☹️

Could see a combo pack happening later. At least I’m patiently waiting for one.

Decided to just preorder from GameStop instead, since I really want that steelbook, and there's no guarantee that Amazon will actually have copies.

Best Buy still does not have their preorders up and it is killllllliiiing meeeeee.

Well since there's been all the Persona 6 talk: We'll very likely be getting the official announcement and some sort of teaser at the P-Concert on October 8th-9th, so in just a few weeks. Granted I highly doubt we'll get any kind of platform information from that, but it'll still be interesting to see.

Well since there's been all the Persona 6 talk: We'll very likely be getting the official announcement and some sort of teaser at the P-Concert on October 8th-9th, so in just a few weeks. Granted I highly doubt we'll get any kind of platform information from that, but it'll still be interesting to see.
Get your clown wigs ready and brace yourselves for ports of the dancing games

Where's this coming from?
On the anniversary site every box for each Persona game had a color in its border. 1 was purple, 2 was orange, 3 was blue, 4 was yellow, 5 was red, 6 is what I told you above. Additionally we have the promo material for the upcoming event that does stuff like this:

unknown.png

So, you know…

Interesting, that's not something I had heard but it would be a cool direction. I'm now suddenly imagining it being an old-school noir detective story, even if that makes no sense.
I am sure they can make it make sense lol. Who would have thought Persona would fit a superhero story? And they did that (to great effect) anyway. P4 already did a murder mystery whodunnit story, so I can absolutely see that direction for 6 (though how they would reconcile that with a high school student's life would be very interesting to see).

Looks like P5R will also be Steam Deck compatible/verified on day 1, going by what has been posted both on twitter and reddit.

As much as I like Persona 5 Royal, I'm totally waiting on P3P and P4G. Especially the former which will be great I reckon, haven't played it in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom