• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Paper Mario Thousand Year Door HD in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinemario

Moblin
Pronouns
He him

Didn’t see any threads about this, so thought i’d share.
I think it’s bullcrap, but obviously i’d LOVE to be wrong.

Just to wonder though, how would modern Nintendo handle Thousand Year Door? Would all the Toads have their mustaches removed?

Fami - internet - fami strikes again, let me make a thread. How far can we get?

It's funny because literary the first sentence mentions it 😅

Heh, apologies folks. I didn’t really look much into it before immediately jumping onto Fami to see if there were threads about it, and didn’t see any. Assumed it was from Era.

Heh, apologies folks. I didn’t really look much into it before immediately jumping onto Fami to see if there were threads about it, and didn’t see any. Assumed it was from Era.
I understand that in the modern internet reading articles is a high bar, but it's literally in the first sentence of the article you linked lol.

For greater context:

Good evening Fami, hope you all are having a brilliant day : )

I usually don’t do this, as I don’t like attention. And I hope even after this we will focus on the game, not me.

As some of you know, I do hobby journalism behind the scenes and research various things for fun. Some accurate Nintendo rumors that were reported by YouTubers and other sites in the past partially were based on my research. As I said, I don’t like attention and thus always asked everyone to keep me private, which I intend to continue remain private in those stories.

However, now I have something super excited that I’m aware of. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Remaster is finally happening and coming out soon!

I have been in touch with 3 sources with this. One of them redirected to me to the third source, who I hadn’t interacted before so it was just me cold messaging them on LinkedIn. Because this third source wouldn’t acknowledge the release date I had heard from the previous two sources, I’ll just leave it as “coming soon.”

I informed both @NintendoPrime and @NateDrake about this privately. There’s one more person I have informed, but they wish to remain anonymous.

I personally had always wished for TTYD remaster. I never played it on GCN so I’m over the moon excited to finally play it on Switch soon.
So there's the rumor for people to discuss if they missed it in the general thread.

I'm gonna repost this:
I'm thinking that Ryota Kawade (the director behind the first three paper mario games) is working with the paper mario team again for the TTYD remake/remaster, because he is one of the members that left the team behind the discontinued Fire Emblem Cipher card game and which it happened on the same year as The Origami King was released.

What’s the ‘proof’ the leaker supplied, do we know if it’s legit proof?

It would be cool if we got TTYD HD and then got a direct sequel, would also like a HD version of Super Paper Mario.

Still... I should be thankful, I didn't hear about this before so thanks OP 😁👍

On-topic: I recently replayed TTYD with up scaling and the game still holds itself really well. I hope that if they remake the game they'll add new content at least.

This would be tragic for Paper Mario fans, they wouldn't be able to push their narrative of Nintendo wanting to erase this game from history.

What’s the ‘proof’ the leaker supplied, do we know if it’s legit proof?

It would be cool if we got TTYD HD and then got a direct sequel, would also like a HD version of Super Paper Mario.
They didn't supply any proof, they just said they had sources. They also had sources on Vicarious Visions DK, but then later recanted everything they claimed about that game. So grain of salt.

I don't have any faith in the modern Paper Mario team to treat TTYD with the respect it deserves. So hopefully it's a just a basic remaster.

That said if they did make any changes it would be neat to see Vivian being trans in all of the releases this time, especially for how much of a shitfire storm it would create on Twitter.

I have nothing against remasters on their own, but between what's already known (Metroid Prime, Kirby RtDL, Advance Wars) and what's rumoured, it looks like most of Nintendo's lineup is just rereleases and I'd really hate that... :confused:

Ahh I thought they said they supplied proof to a few members (Nintendo Prime and Nate?)
I guess i’m wondering what Nate’s take on it is.
I don’t really trust Nintendo Prime

I'm gonna repost this:
I adore this man. And it’s a crying shame he’s been working on cards all these years. Would warm my heart to a crisp to see him in the credits of a new Paper Mario release again.

Ahh I thought they said they supplied proof to a few members (Nintendo Prime and Nate?)
I have no idea what they did or did not do in private, but they don't mention any proof in their posts here, and Nate at least says he cannot verify it, so he apparently wasn't shown anything convincing. Nintendo Prime runs every rumor as a story regardless of quality.

Yeah, it's quite clear that we're gonna see a lot of remasters and remakes in the near-future. Mrs. Rogers was indeed on-point - as always.

The proof here seems embarrassingly thin and it's hard to get hyped about a remake like this that'll be all sanded down of its weirdest edges. As good as TTYD is, it seems kind of a massive downscale in scope compared to Origami King.

I heard that someone on Famiboards is talking a lot about Turrican, he's some sort of nerd and named "Koren" something.

aside from the blunder of not knowing the rumor originated in this site, this is one rumor that I ngl, want to be real. Mainly because TTYD is now basically inaccessible without emulation due to monstrously high prices for legitimate copies.

Same with other games such as Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Makes a ton of sense. Timeless art style that can be easily HD-ified, critically acclaimed, and not a lot of exposure due to being a late release on a failed console.

It's also my most wanted remaster by far (along with the original).

Hey usually when we're sourced it's buried, we're named and hyperlinked in the first sentence of this one!

I have no idea what they did or did not do in private, but they don't mention any proof in their posts here, and Nate at least says he cannot verify it, so he apparently wasn't shown anything convincing. Nintendo Prime runs every rumor as a story regardless of quality.

Darn, that’s sad.

I didn't understand why people ran with this the moment I read that the dude got his info from LinkedIn dms. Nobody is going to give confidential information to someone messaging them on LinkedIn of all places lmfao.

Would love this if true, I'm there day 1. It does sadden me a bit that the original N64 game most likely won't receive the same kind of treatment due to its availability on NSO. Though, as the kind of person who prefers the look of the original game over its successor (I like that the sprites have a softness to them and aren't made of connected puppeteered pieces), maybe it's alright that it remains the way it is.

Hopefully this will take the opportunity to adjust Vivian's portrayal into a more expressly trans character in more regions as well as fix some of the friction in its level design.

This is gonna be the type of pointless remaster that robs the original of all its originality while also completely ignoring its glaring flaws in level design and difficulty curve.

I wasn't shown anything conclusive nor anything I'd consider meaningful evidence to support the claim. I'll dig into the claim further within my own circle of sources, as such talk of a potential remake/remaster of TTYD has circulated before.

I was over exaggerating, but yes, a lot of the NPCs were standardized. For example, no female Toads existed anymore

Man, that would suck.

Imagine how chapter 3 would play out if this was a generic toad:

100px-PMTTYDJoleneSprite.png

Or how chapter 6 would be without these guys:

Zip_Toad.png
Heff_T.png
10207ff43bf9fedd851d6fc34679b30cdf518145v2_hq.jpg

Almost makes me wish this rumor wasn't real. If they want to go back to their RPG roots, go ahead, I'll be there day one. But don't go back and downgrade an existing game

I am sorry but this kind of rumor is like "day has 24 hours". This has been rumored for so long that at some point someone will eventually be right.

Man, that would suck.

Imagine how chapter 3 would play out if this was a generic toad:

100px-PMTTYDJoleneSprite.png

Or how chapter 6 would be without these guys:

Zip_Toad.png
Heff_T.png
10207ff43bf9fedd851d6fc34679b30cdf518145v2_hq.jpg

Almost makes me wish this rumor wasn't real. If they want to go back to their RPG roots, go ahead, I'll be there day one. But don't go back and downgrade an existing game
They aren't gonna completely change the character designs for a simple hd remake lol

I'm actually playing PM64 right now funny enough. I never beat the N64 game all the way through but did beat TTYD and SPM and I'd be down for a remaster. Especially as someone who can't stand the post Sticker Star direction Paper Mario has gone, I feel like I would get a remaster not just to see an improvement but to do the good ol voting with the wallet thing and maybe get more RPG esque PM games in the future.

How were the M&L remakes handled? I recall that most Toads and Koopas were altered
It was a weird situation where most unique Toads got genericfied, yet at the same time, a handful of toads were allowed to stay as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom