• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2024) — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but is there any suggestion that they're going to fix the English translation so Vivian is the correct gender?

EDIT: lol I meant that Vivian is trans. Obviously just making her a girl and excising any mention of the sisters bullying being transphobic means she's still the correct gender. Sorry, I put this really badly.

Last edited:
So it's not a fall/summer release as some people predicted. This changes everything.

So far the past July summer/fall first party lineup for Switch:
-

Hmmmm....

Honestly very surprised it's releasing in May. I was sure it would be released after Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.

Guessing they'll have a June Direct to announce some ports/remasters for the late Summer/Fall, alongside a Switch 2 reveal.

So it's not a fall/summer release as some people predicted. This changes everything.

So far the past July summer/fall first party lineup for Switch:
-

Hmmmm....
You can't be releasing Luigi's Mansion 2 alongside Metroid Prime 4 and expect people to buy it tbh

img_character_8.png

MY FAV ❤️

Home menu icon is here (image on the left), since the game is already up on the eShop backend. Artwork is slightly different from what they just released for promo (image on the right)!

bd5e46a27aa0e949e338bb55bb5e3b1d66b9483faa2d23a1ea4960d0df5d8be0.jpg
88d1e51deb0293e14c7d4bbe34018a799332c880b06b7af3247eab09513589cc.jpg

Last edited:
IM SO FUCKING EXCITED!!! GOD THE NEW SCREENSHOTS AND EVERYTHING LOOKS SO GOOD!
I really REALLY can’t wait for this game to come out, probably gonna be one of the few times I buy a game digitally and physically, gonna hold it near and dear to my heart for the upcoming years that’s for sure!

Nintendo is not really doing their best at promoting this one.
…It was literally the big closing announcement in their last General Direct. That’s a major promotion if I’ve ever seen one.

I’m sure more traditional advertising for the game will ramp up around a month or so from release, which has been Nintendo’s (successful) strategy for most recent games.

Nintendo is not really doing their best at promoting this one.
They have been doing a fantastic job so far. You don't do full-fledged marketing campaign several months before release date and do that for months, in midst of other games also getting the same treatment. They do one game at a time. They would mention release date, and then market hard a month or so before release date.

Hugely successful so far.

Hey, ya’ll!

…WOOOAH! :0 the game looks ASTONISHING!!! I’m 100% getting this, especially since it’s coming the month of my birthday, ahahahajajahahaj~ ✨

Somewhere in a Nintendo Marketing Department office, they have a computer with the Marketing plan for each game, and their promotional calendar must certainly have a distribution of promo material and investment getting bigger the more the game’s release date gets closer

Man, based on this thread, people are gonna poop bricks when Nintendo ports Wind Waker HD for $60, and then six months later port Twilight Princess HD for $60.

Why are they suddenly releasing all of their games on Thursdays?

I was gonna ask the same thing
Just noticed every first party release after Princess Peach Showtime is coming out on a Thursday for some reason
Yeah, this is a really odd shift right at the tail end of the generation. Lines up with the new fiscal year so maybe it is a change in strategy.

Back
Top Bottom