• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Octopath Traveler II announced for Switch, Playstation and Steam, launching February 24, 2023 (UPDATE: Prologue Demo available now, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i tried the demo, liked it for ehat i've seen, it's a big imorivement over the first game, specially on conabts which are dynamic and not boring.

The thing is.

I'm betwen this game and Like a Deagon Idhin.

Never finished Octopath Traveler 1 due to its flaws, it has a good base but unpolished, the sequel seems everything i wanted it to be from ehat i've seen in the demo.

On the other side, i've only finished Yakuza Like a Dragon, which was amazing, but i'm on the fence with Ishin because i don't know if i will like the combat.

Overall, i like jrpgs but they must fullfill some requeriments from my tastes.

Don't know what to do...and both games seems to be very long.

Got around to the demo and...wow. I think this game is maybe exactly what I was looking for from an Octopath II. Managed to just finish out three introductions and just about everything feels stepped up in a big way. All three of the stories I got to were super well done, their casts very likeable, their setups for what's to come intriguing. And while it may not look it in screenshots, the presentation is really off the charts here. All of the unique angles and camerawork during story scenes! The little cuts and time lapse sequences impressed me too. The perspective shifts for all the MAX level attacks look fantastic too.

Suffice it to say I wish I could keep playing right now! Just two more days 😮‍💨

Do you already know who will be your first character ? 😀

I think I might with the Scholar again, it worked wonders for me to start with Cyrius in the original Octopath game.
I went Tressa the first time. I’m thinking Dancer this time because I like her design, and the new Merchant seems to lean harder into the “capitalism, ho!” side. I really liked Tressa’s wide-eyed naïveté and optimism and I’m not feeling that with the new guy.

So i tried the demo, liked it for ehat i've seen, it's a big imorivement over the first game, specially on conabts which are dynamic and not boring.

The thing is.

I'm betwen this game and Like a Deagon Idhin.

Never finished Octopath Traveler 1 due to its flaws, it has a good base but unpolished, the sequel seems everything i wanted it to be from ehat i've seen in the demo.

On the other side, i've only finished Yakuza Like a Dragon, which was amazing, but i'm on the fence with Ishin because i don't know if i will like the combat.

Overall, i like jrpgs but they must fullfill some requeriments from my tastes.

Don't know what to do...and both games seems to be very long.

Yakuza Like a Dragon Ishin will drop in price way faster; when I have a conundrum like this , I tend to be pragmatic and in this case that means get Octopath first.

I went Tressa the first time. I’m thinking Dancer this time because I like her design, and the new Merchant seems to lean harder into the “capitalism, ho!” side. I really liked Tressa’s wide-eyed naïveté and optimism and I’m not feeling that with the new guy.
Partitio calls landlords leeches in his first chapter and is explicitly out to end poverty. That could still lean into "capitalism, ho!" but I dunno, to me he seems good. Plus his theme is amazing.

Partitio calls landlords leeches in his first chapter and is explicitly out to end poverty. That could still lean into "capitalism, ho!" but I dunno, to me he seems good. Plus his theme is amazing.
I haven’t been following this all that closely so that’s good to know. I think it’s more his design and looking more like a traveling salesman that’s not as appealing.

I haven’t been following this all that closely so that’s good to know. I think it’s more his design and looking more like a traveling salesman that’s not as appealing.
That's fair, I've always had a soft spot for wild west stuff so I'm predisposed to liking him, haha. Plus he holds his hat on his head when he runs, which is a cute touch.

Haven't touched the demo or read any previews. The first game was fantastic so I don't really need to see anything about this one.

I'm excited to play all weekend.

Man, if Schreier liked it that means there must something awful about it.
Lol, I was about to make the same joke; while I appreciate Schreier's investigative work our taste in games rarely match so his tweets mean nothing to me. Fortunately I have enough faith in Team Asano that I'm sure it's a great game.

1 DAY LEFT!! Partitio and Tressa are welcoming us to Solistia.

On a related note, PrickStop still hasn't shipped my copy. Ordered a physical version for the first time in what, 2 years, and this is what I get lol

Played through the first chapter for a couple of characters (Castii and Hikari), I then had them go off and meet a third. When does the demo cut out? My save file seems stuck at three hours but it’s still letting me carry on.

Played through the first chapter for a couple of characters (Castii and Hikari), I then had them go off and meet a third. When does the demo cut out? My save file seems stuck at three hours but it’s still letting me carry on.
Three hours is the max, so even if it's letting you still go, I won't save anything beyond the three hours.

I didn't hit the time limit in the demo but maybe it's a bug? It shouldn't let you carry on right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom