• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Octopath Traveler II |ST| Boosted Journey Day & Night

bc460695a7.png

2f710ed7cf.png

1a7f51f044.png

519cb5d4d2.png

186e924f77.png

7a2eb44ae3.png

601ef05ad8.png

dbbc68f3b6.png

4ac971d3fc.png

c8ddb6a4f1.png

7a8f4f4c67.png

Last edited:
Octopath Traveler II ST Text-only Edition
INFO
Developer: Square Enix, Acquire
Publisher: Square Enix
Language: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Chinese
System: Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation 4/5, Steam
Price: USD59.99 | GBP 49.99 | EUR59.99 | JPY7,800 | AUD84.95 | CND 79.99
Genre: Turn-based RPG
Release Date: 24th February 2023

OVERVIEW
In the world of Solistia, eight travelers venture forth.
Step into their shoes and explore a wide world set in a bustling era.
Eight brave souls, each with their unique talents and stories to be told.
What will happen when their paths intertwine?
And where will their journeys lead them?
Embark on an adventure all your own.

CHARACTERS
Hikari Ku, The Warrior
A young prince of the Ku nation who is concerned about his people, who have suffered greatly due to numerous wars. His journey is motivated by his desire to bring peace to his country.
His path actions include challenging townspeople to skill-learning duels and bribing them for information.
Throné Anguis, The Thief
A member of the thieves guild, which controls the city in secret. After a certain point, she was determined to escape this life cycle.
Thanks to her profession, she can steal townspeople's belongings or ambush them to knock them unconscious.
Agnea Bristani, The Dancer
A tavern dancer hails from a small village who dreams big. She aimed to become a star like his mother and hopes to accomplish that from her adventure.
By interacting with townspeople, she can either summon them during battle for support or entreat them for items.
Partitio Yellowil, The Merchant
After experiencing the ups and downs of the one place he calls home, Partitio dreams of eliminating poverty and taking a journey to accomplish it.
Using his commerce skills, he can purchase items from townspeople or hire them to accompany him on his journey.
Osvald V. Vanstein, The Scholar
Revenge. Osvald's sole aim for his journey is to punish the one who took everything from him and caused him to be jailed for life.
By scrutinizing townspeople, he can get helpful information from them. Osvald can also mug items by beating those townspeople at night.
Temenos Mistral, The Cleric
An easygoing inquisitor who had his life turned upside down due to a tragic incident taking place in the church. Determined to solve the mystery, he embarks on an adventure searching for the truth.
As a churchperson, he can lead a townsperson around... and coerce someone for information by beating them in battle.
Castti Florenz, The Apothecary
An amnesiac apothecary who was discovered adrift at sea. She embarks on a journey to find what she has forgotten and lost.
She can gain info from townspeople by inquiring them. During the night, she can soothe those in pain by putting them to sleep.
Ochette, The Hunter
A carefree hunter who one day learned about the calamity known as the Night of the Scarlet Moon. Desperate to save her home island, she set sail on an adventure to find those that could help.
By interacting with the townspeople, she can provoke them into a battle or befriend them to accompany her during the journey.

GAME SYSTEMS
Path Action
Each traveler has their own unique character command called "path action" that can be used to interact with those they encounter on their journey. Certain path actions may affect the character's reputation among the locals.
Break & Boost
The game's combat system's bread and butter. During the battle, you’ll accumulate one Boost Point per turn, up to a certain amount. Using those, you can enhance your party members' actions by turning them into multi-hit attacks or a single, strong attack.
Take advantage of enemies' vulnerability by exploiting them to reduce their Shield Points until they enter the Break state. Once they're vulnerable, unleash your party's strongest moves.
Job & Skills
While no traveler can change their primary job, they can have a secondary job to assist them in battle. Customize your party setup and discover a plethora of strategies to overcome any challenge during the journey.

NEW FEATURES
Day & Night
You can now toggle between day and night with a single button push. Not only will the composition of townspeople differ between the two timings, your characters will also have different path actions to use, allowing you to explore the world further.
Crossed Path
On top of a traveler's own journey, they can encounter another traveler who walks the same path in this brand-new tale type.
Latent Power
Each traveler has their own special move, which can be the key to turning a problematic battle into a much more manageable one.
Travel Through Water
Your journeys aren't limited to land this time, as you can cross rivers or sail the sea.

MISCELLANEOUS
Prologue Demo
Still unsure whether to pick up this game or not? There's a prologue demo available for download from the respective storefront that contains three hours of gameplay of the full game. Experience the early phases of the story and transfer the save files over to the full game once you decide to purchase it.
F.A.Q
Do I need to play Octopath Traveler first before starting this game?
You don't have to; the two games aren't related story-wise.
Is the first traveler you picked party locked?
Yes, they are locked in until you first beat their story to remove them from the party.
Should I clear all travelers' initial chapters first before continuing further?
It's up to you. You can do each chapter number equally or focus on your main four travelers first.
Why can I not import my save data from the demo?
There'll be a required day one update for save transfers to work.
Do unused travelers gain exp as well now?
Nope. Don't worry too much; your reserve travelers will catch up quickly due to EXP scaling.

SPECIAL THANKS
SQEX, Team Asano, and Acquire for making this game and all those assets from official websites

Last edited:
it's a bit painful to me personally since due to multiple factors this will be the first team asano game that i won't be playing day 1 since the original bravely default release back in 2012 (which is due to import copy logistics).... my 10 year streak is broken.... ;_;

enjoy the game y'all

I can't believe I still haven't played the first game after 5 years, and its leaving Game Pass soon for extra sting (though I planned to play it on Switch either way). So cool that Switch is around long enough to get yet another sequel like this though.

it's a bit painful to me personally since due to multiple factors this will be the first team asano game that i won't be playing day 1 since the original bravely default release back in 2012 (which is due to import copy logistics).... my 10 year streak is broken.... ;_;

enjoy the game y'all

Mine isn't being delivered until Tuesday, at earliest cheers Amazon.de , we can suffer together, at least for a bit.

Sign me up as also really excited but probably not getting to play it day one ;-; My pre-order is likely getting delayed, and even if it wasn't I might not have time to play it until next week given how busy work is...

That also reminds me that I never finished getting the true ending on the first game, whoops. Got as far as unlocking all the jobs and finishing all the sidequests but I never did that last leg.

was thinking of doing octopus reference again for subtitle but decided not to... and here takahashi did it for release day tweet lol

After 3 hours in the demo I’m really looking forward to this. Castii was fun and really strong, having her mix up medicine on the fly is amazing- her latent talent to do so to give multiple effects without using resources really turns the tide. Hikari was a lot more interesting than I thought he would too.

Excited to start the game as Noah from Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Looking forward to this a lot! I'm deep into Labyrinth of Galleria but I reached a point where I don't mind taking breaks from that so I'm excited to hop into this soon. Still haven't decided who to pick, though.

Great ST!

Great ST! I loved the first game (even if it took the better part of four years to beat), but this will not be a day one game for me. I have a lot on the backlog right now that I am pushing through. Looking forward to getting this down the road.

One thing I really loved about the two intros I played, was that they were really fast-paced, exciting and drilled down into important stuff before setting you loose. Big events are hinted at, major confrontations, allies and NPCs introduced, their core fears, motivations, talents and abilities, what makes them special and what the other minor NPCs think of them. It’s just an absolute masterclass in starting an rpg off with a bang as I’m invested in these stories and characters inside of an hour.

Ill be playing in a day or two. I had some Best Buy points, so I used that and will have to wait until its shipped. Getting a steel book is nice though. I liked the girl with the animals, but I don't feel like she would be the leader of a party so may restart due to the character lock.

I wanna play this but I already have a crapton of unplayed JRPGs I cannot justify another one lol

Is there an option to auto-play the dialogue? I couldn’t find it.
There is. Mess around with the back buttons, R or something, haven't played the demo in a week and I still don't have the game so I'm going off of memory alone. The only thing to keep in mind is that auto-play doesn't work right before boss battles.

Alright. Fuck Gamestop. How in the world have they still not notified me on shipping?! Seriously considering canceling my steelbook pre-order, might as well pick it up digitally for PS4/5 so that I also have the option to play it through BC, given that the native version seems to be not exactly perfect framerate wise.

Ack, kinda bummed out by this whole thing.

Edit: it's a great day, I also managed to spoil myself on CotC's final boss, fucking lmao

Last edited:
Started playing the demo while waiting for my game.

Went with Osvald which immediately mixes up the structure of the original.
Damn, didn't expect the end of Chapter 2.

The combat and music as always are highlights, but the story telling is captivating so far.

Spent all this time deciding on who to start with, went with Ochette, and they dropped another choice on me immediately lol.

Went with Hikari, and what a banger the battle theme is.

Chapter 1 down, feel this is gonna be a good one

Wish I could play this at launch, but I just have too much on my plate right now, both in terms of games and real life stuff. Gives me time to replay the first game before I get around to this one though, which I've been meaning to do for a while.

Picking up my copy + steelbook from Best Buy in a few. Anyone have a pic of the menu icon for this game?

Just started this (finished chapters 1 for first Agnea then Partitio) and enjoying it so far. However I just wanted to relay what happened when I picked up my physical copy from Game (UK based here). As I pre-ordered the Switch version they said I would get a free steelbook with it, which was grand, but as they gave it to me I thought 'that's the case size of a PS5 game'. Turns out the steelbook was indeed for the PS5 version, so while the steelbook looks very lovely, it's absolutely useless to me lol.

Oh and the soundtrack is already godly

Just started this (finished chapters 1 for first Agnea then Partitio) and enjoying it so far. However I just wanted to relay what happened when I picked up my physical copy from Game (UK based here). As I pre-ordered the Switch version they said I would get a free steelbook with it, which was grand, but as they gave it to me I thought 'that's the case size of a PS5 game'. Turns out the steelbook was indeed for the PS5 version, so while the steelbook looks very lovely, it's absolutely useless to me lol.

Oh and the soundtrack is already godly
All of these steelbook mentions are killing me 😭

It's fine though, I actually did end up canceling my pre-order and going digital PS4/5 for the added BC option (+ not having to deal with the game never shipping, apparently)

Man, so happy I managed to get this physically.
So I just bought 4 games:

Persona 5 Royal
Octoperfect 2
Metroid Prime
Mario Plus Rabbids 2.

With gamepass and ps premium, I’m set until Zelda!

First post! I reviewed this wonderful game for the Danish Gamereactor and gave it a 9! Currently making my way through the awesome endgame content. Curious to follow this thread and see if you guys are as into it as I am - enjoy! :)

Great OP! I didn’t pre-order and I’m tied up with other things so it might be a bit before I get to it. But I’m looking forward to it, as I loved the original.

Back
Top Bottom