• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Octopath Traveler II announced for Switch, Playstation and Steam, launching February 24, 2023 (UPDATE: Prologue Demo available now, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks so good. First game was already really good can't wait for this one. Thought it was probably a 2023 game but didn't expect it so soon

OHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOOD

IT LOOKS SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

I fucking loved Octopath, and this looks incredible. Holy shit, I'm so happy

2023 is starting with another RPG bang with both FE and this!

Also coming to Playstation and PC, I assume Octopath 1 will be one of the games at the State of Play then.

I like the setting more, and the story being more intersected should hopefully keep it more interesting, Octopath 1 ended up boring me once I finished a couple characters. Moderately excited for this one.

I did had my issues with Octopath Traveler 1 but damn this one looks so beautiful. And the different Settings too! I hope they learn from the small mistakes the first one did. This game could be one of my highlights of 2023!

Throné (the thief) is talking to Temenos (the cleric) in a voiced cutscene. They are definitely making an effort at linking the characters stories.

Also, all 8 of them are seen standing together at the end. It's gonna be all the beauty of the first + more. Unfathomebly excited.

Intertwined stories is all I needed to hear to be excited, probably won't be day one for time reasons but I the game looked great

Yeah, it looks really good. I'm kinda surprised they're reusing all of the same job types.

I was underwhelmed by the writing of the first one but am definitely ready for more. Now with trains!

So excited for this, it looks beautiful! I liked Octopath even with its problems and it looks like this will address some of the main ones!

This was todays best announcement to me - it was absolutely gorgeous and I loved the first one so I am pleased.

Also, Square publishes it this time around

Exciting news, I loved the first game!
Also, Square publishes it this time around
I'm a little wary about this though, Square Enix's track record when it comes to promoting games outside of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts is lackluster to say the least. At least this time PS players can put their money where their mouth is and show support for these games on their system.

So this time no more Switch exclusive. And it's skipping Xbox (Phil better give them a bag of money) and the first(?) HD-2D game to release on a Sony platform.

They have a lot of lessons to learn from the first game and I enjoyed the engine refinements in Triangle Strategy. I am highly optimistic for this and hope we can get a TSII, too!

Probably the best announcement of the direct. Golden Eye is hype, and New Zelda news is always welcome, but this is what really surprised me.

Definitely interested to hear more about this one, trailer looked awesome. I think Octopath Traveler is a prime candidate for a sequel because -- in my opinion! -- it's an OK game with a lot of room for improvement. Traveler 2 could really be special with a bit of an overhaul.

EDIT: Got cut off there! From that brief shot of the world map it looks like they've gotten rid of the circular, onion-shaped map from the original, which seems like a good move. I admit I feel kind of disappointed that all of the vocations are the same as the original. It would really be a shame if all the path actions were the same too

Guess who just spent nearly 200€ on the collector edition?

It's the guy who bought the soundtrack of the first game five times of course! Looking forward to do that again with the sequel by the way.

There’s plenty of room for improvement but man that battle system was so much fun that I think I’m in again just for that. That and vibes.

The way they’ve evolved the look of the world and its cities is pretty exciting too.

Definitely interested to hear more about this one, trailer looked awesome. I think Octopath Traveler is a prime candidate for a sequel because -- in my opinion! -- it's an OK game with a lot of room for improvement. Traveler 2 could really be special with a bit of an overhaul.

EDIT: Got cut off there! From that brief shot of the world map it looks like they've gotten rid of the circular, onion-shaped map from the original, which seems like a good move. I admit I feel kind of disappointed that all of the vocations are the same as the original. It would really be a shame if all the path actions were the same too
Each character has two path actions now, one they perform during daytime and the other at night. The daytime one seems to be the more upstanding, lawful path while the night action seems more unlawful and underhanded.

Super pumped to hear that the main flaw from the 1st one with no in-story party interaction has been addressed. Also excited for the soundtrack considering the original OST is one of the greatest in gaming.

img_product-switch-pk.png

Aight Square-Enix, now give us icon art that isn't just text on black background, I double dare you mf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom