• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO NSO Missions and Rewards

Interesting; they’ve edited some of the Tableturf icons (I don’t know which). You’ve got a very rare switch profile if you’re using one of the altered ones though, as they mention it won’t automatically change unless you recreate the icon yourself.

There we go!

RIP anyone that follows Nintendo of America on twitter and hasn't even started their game yet...

Where the HELL is that full art of Zelda

They keep teasing us with pieces of it on the amiibo box and now the icon, I need a full version 😭

I'm confused. Is the TOTK wave that started today a new one? I just got them but it said I already had a single Link icon. I've been keeping track and make sure I've gotten everything so far.

I'm confused. Is the TOTK wave that started today a new one? I just got them but it said I already had a single Link icon. I've been keeping track and make sure I've gotten everything so far.
not quite sure but I’m in the same boat. I had 12 elements already, 1 from this wave

That one Link icon was part of the initial waves of TotK icons from May, yes. If you got all of those icon parts from those waves, plus the first wave of the new set today, you should have 59 icon parts in the TotK series right now.

78670_mgi.jpg

Beginning Aug 9th to Sept 18th

Sauce : https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/eec94181-e36b-47b2-912a-41c42ad3fe9f

Thank you! Buy why the Zelda tweet says those will be available until september 7?
Will they release new Zelda icons ecery Friday until then?

The dates are shown here:

In the US, the icons usually go up at 9pm Eastern time on Tuesday or Thursday. For Zelda, it's on Thursdays.

Thank you! Buy why the Zelda tweet says those will be available until september 7?
Will they release new Zelda icons ecery Friday until then?
Yeah on the 7th they won’t be putting new ones up so on the 31st of august the last TOTK icons will go up
I guess its Thursday and not Friday but in the UK they seem to go up on Friday

If anybody is short on Platinum, you can earn 300 total coins in mobile game Super Mario Run (even the free version) for having 10 friends. You earn 100 Platinum each at the 1, 5, and 10 friend milestones. The game itself pales compared to mainline 2D Mario, but is a quick way to earn 60 a week in like 5 min by doing 3 Toad Rallys (even the free version).

My friend code is 8882-7172-2722

It's a shame none of those Pokemon icons are any of the new DLC characters, like Perrin.
I think we'll definitely get those later. Rest of the year is probably Mario Wonder, Mario RPG, Pokemon DLC, maybe Wario, plus some reruns. I can't remember if we ever got SNES icons like we did for the NES, but that or GBC would be really cool too.

Only new icons for the first wave are Mew and Mewtwo btw.

Literally over a thousand Pokemon to choose from, and I swear it's like pulling teeth trying to get the cool Pokemon that aren't the base starters or the box legendaries or the route 1 critters.

I'd honestly prefer if they took away the Scarlet/Violet branding and just made it a big catch all for all Pokemon and human characters.

Like at least maybe there's a chance I can have a Ho-oh icon in five years time, but to hope for something like Tyrunt or Hisuian Growlithe feels well over a decade away on Switch 3 (if ever)

It's kind of fun looking forward to the weekly icon updates to see what each wave brings or what new collection they announce. So far I have created icons for every collection and switch between them every so often. It kind of reminds me of the Playstation icons except these are a little more customizable and you don't have to spend money on them.
Literally over a thousand Pokemon to choose from, and I swear it's like pulling teeth trying to get the cool Pokemon that aren't the base starters or the box legendaries or the route 1 critters.

I'd honestly prefer if they took away the Scarlet/Violet branding and just made it a big catch all for all Pokemon and human characters.

Like at least maybe there's a chance I can have a Ho-oh icon in five years time, but to hope for something like Tyrunt or Hisuian Growlithe feels well over a decade away on Switch 3 (if ever)
I feel the same way, once the XC3 collection was updated with icon elements from XC and XC2 it should have been relabeled Xenoblade Chronicles.

As for Pokémon, I think it would have been better if they followed the Animal Crossing route and had monthly updates with icon elements from across the series.

Have they ever made Super Famicom/Super Nintendo icons ?

I have the NES and N64 ones and they're my favorites, I find it weird that they would have skipped Super NES, but I tend to check regularly, at least once a month, and never saw them.
I think I remember back in the day when they announced that there would classic NES icons, that there would Super NES ones too, but I might have imagined that ?

I have the NES and N64 ones and they're my favorites, I find it weird that they would have skipped Super NES, but I tend to check regularly, at least once a month, and never saw them.
I think I remember back in the day when they announced that there would classic NES icons, that there would Super NES ones too, but I might have imagined that ?
They haven't done SNES icons yet. Only NES and N64 ones.

It's kind of fun looking forward to the weekly icon updates to see what each wave brings or what new collection they announce. So far I have created icons for every collection and switch between them every so often. It kind of reminds me of the Playstation icons except these are a little more customizable and you don't have to spend money on them.

I feel the same way, once the XC3 collection was updated with icon elements from XC and XC2 it should have been relabeled Xenoblade Chronicles.

As for Pokémon, I think it would have been better if they followed the Animal Crossing route and had monthly updates with icon elements from across the series.
Right? Hell, even for Zelda. Like, I get that BotW and TotK are two very distinct games, but it seems weird as hell to have stuff like backgrounds and borders completely locked to one game or the other. I could only understand the justification if there were third party games that wanted to have their art locked to a specific title from a licensing perspective, but is this not all first party games ever showcased in these icons? Like damn, get Capcom onboard so we can get some Monster Hunter Rise icons, or Ubisoft with Mario+Rabbids.

I shared this on the last page; it's a maintained database of all existing icons that have currently been released on NSO. That being said I do agree with you that it's weird as hell they would have skipped the SNES icons. Hopefully it's not too far away when they do finally decide to release them (and also I hope they do more N64 icons in the future as well for the games that have released since)

Has this been shared before? I came across it on Reddit and it was posted a few months ago. Not sure how up to date it is but thought some people might appreciate the resorce to double check if they have all the icons currently released (direct link to open in new tab)

Yeah, saw last night that I already had all the icons I got from the last release.

It's literally Pokemon, you have over a thousand different key art assets on creatures alone and Director Clavell takes up two slots because he has two blazers.

So I think next week is the last TOTK wave but I assume they are going to have another bunch later in the year. Nintendo has been slowly releasing character art for the NPCs and some more spoilery characters on their social media accounts. Maybe time it with the holidays and/or the release of Amiibos (or possibly DLC).

Back
Top Bottom