• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic NSO Family Plan |ST| When You're Here, You're Fami

So I have booted Mitch and AG cook, @Red Monster @MRC-OSF @parasite2 @Alex4 please let me know if I accidentally booted one of you instead and I’ll add you back in but I think I fixed it already.

Oh no, I didn’t get the notification for the reply and noticed the email yesterday. If the spot is still open, I’d like to get back in!

Otherwise if anyone has a spot for the extension family plan, I’m looking! Thank you.

Oh no, I didn’t get the notification for the reply and noticed the email yesterday. If the spot is still open, I’d like to get back in!

Otherwise if anyone has a spot for the extension family plan, I’m looking! Thank you.
It is open so perfect! No problem, sorry for causing you worry would be happy to let you back in. I still have your email from last time so I just need you to contact me in the DM’s with the Eshop card.

And with this the group is officially closed back up.

It is open so perfect! No problem, sorry for causing you worry would be happy to let you back in. I still have your email from last time so I just need you to contact me in the DM’s with the Eshop card.

And with this the group is officially closed back up.

Thanks again for your help! My @ notifications were not turned on.

I am full for the year. I had to drop someone, dunno their username or anything. But I found someone else.

I'm thinking about getting my older daughter a Lite for Christmas so I might like... actually have to buy an actual family plan in the near future.

I apologize for dropping the ball on this. Been a minute since I last visited the forum. Really appreciate you trying to reach out.
No prob, though yeah we already filled the slot. Only thing that could pop up is if my sister doesn’t need it anymore but off or low on that.

No prob, though yeah we already filled the slot. Only thing that could pop up is if my sister doesn’t need it anymore but off or low on that.
No worries. I barely touched the online features (or my Switch) in the last year. Picking it back up for the first time in many months since Persona 5 is releasing.

Any EU groups have a free spot left? Hit me up if possible!
Has it been confirmed region actually matters? My JP account works fine on my NA basic plan.

I have 2 slots open on my expansion plan (NA account) though if you or anyone else want to join. Cost to join would be a US $10 eShop code which hopefully isn’t too hard to purchase for EU folks.

And for context regarding my account, I’m new to fami but have been on the old place for several years (put a feeler there as well in the now very-slow-moving Nintendo OT)

There will be two free spots in my EU family group with the renewal. Just paypal me 10 EUR or send an eshop/ amazon.de voucher via E-Mail. I'm not picky.^^

Last edited:
Starting now there are two free spots in my family group. If anyone's still looking for a spot or knows someone who is, hit me up. One spot is 10 €, either as amazon/ eshop voucher or via PayPal. :)

Hello there is a spot open in my family group. The spot is 10$ eshop card or if you're Brazilian you can pix me the value of the card.

How about that Nintendo direct huh 😬

I'm now willing to make a jump to the expansion pass, if I can find 6 or 7 people to join me!

• Region EU (NL)
  • slots open: 7
  • -€10 (eshop or paypal)

OR, if someone else in EU has a space open with Exp Pass I'd be down for that too!

Edit:
I joined someone else!

Last edited:

I'm now willing to make a jump to the expansion pass, if I can find 6 or 7 people to join me!

• Region EU (NL)
  • €10 (eshop or paypal)

OR, if someone else in EU has a space open with Exp Pass I'd be down for that too!
Hey I am also living in the EU, I would definitely join!

• Region EU (NL)
  • €10 (eshop or paypal)

Hey I am also living in the EU, I would definitely join!

I have four free spots in a family plan. Only caveat is that I live in Norway and can't use EUR eShop credit. I can take eshop cards in NOK, but then the lowest value is 150 NOK I think (~14 EUR). Otherwise I can take 10 euros with paypal.

I have four free spots in a family plan. Only caveat is that I live in Norway and can't use EUR eShop credit. I can take eshop cards in NOK, but then the lowest value is 150 NOK I think (~14 EUR). Otherwise I can take 10 euros with paypal.

if its OK for you to send you 10€ via PayPal I would definitely join, since its easier to fill these 4 places than 7 from the start.

@Appelsider You want to join in this?

@komlesopp @CypressFX

Ooh yes that would be nice, I'd love to join! I can do paypal as well! 👍🏽

Tiny question though, I have my individual nso running until september, does anyone know what'll happen to that? 😅

IIRC it will be just expanded. At least when I switched from Non Expandion Pack to Expansion Pack it became the Premium Version for a year but only cheaper. I can only speculate in this case

Btw: Since neither of us are in Norway, do we have to create a new account or will it still work with our accs?

@komlesopp @CypressFX

Ooh yes that would be nice, I'd love to join! I can do paypal as well! 👍🏽

Tiny question though, I have my individual nso running until september, does anyone know what'll happen to that? 😅
Nothing happens with the individual nso, in the sense that it will just run its course but do nothing if you have the family plan in addition (but it will still be there if you for any reason leave the family group before it runs out.)

Btw: Since neither of us are in Norway, do we have to create a new account or will it still work with our accs?
According to official nintendo support, "Family memberships can include members with Nintendo Accounts with different country settings, but keep in mind that not all features of the Nintendo Switch online service are available in all countries." (https://en-americas-support.nintend...out-nintendo-switch-online-family-memberships)

However, I see paypal take some fees for international transfers so that in the end it will cost around 12-13 euros I think. Are you still in?

According to official nintendo support, "Family memberships can include members with Nintendo Accounts with different country settings, but keep in mind that not all features of the Nintendo Switch online service are available in all countries." (https://en-americas-support.nintend...out-nintendo-switch-online-family-memberships)

However, I see paypal take some fees for international transfers so that in the end it will cost around 12-13 euros I think. Are you still in?

Hmm, that region thing still trips me up..
I think to be on the safe side I'd rather keep on trying to get enough people for my own Family Plan then, but thank you for the offer!

Hmm, that region thing still trips me up..
I think to be on the safe side I'd rather keep on trying to get enough people for my own Family Plan then, but thank you for the offer!

I think you misunderstood it.

No matter which country you are, this Family plan works. But for example you are in the Netherlands, so you will get all of the NL stuff, while you cant get the Japnese stuff. So this is normal, I dont remember that you can access with a for example American switch Expansion Pack membership any different store.

I think all of the NA and European stores are the same, the only that differs is the Japanese one, since it gets sometimes Japan exclusive games on NSO.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure different countries won't be a problem family group wise. But you guys decide what you want to do. (I guess you can send me a DM if you decide to join.)

Edit: @Appelsider and @CypressFX I just realized I can just add you guys to the family plan and you can see if it works. Then you can pay afterwards.

Last edited:
I'm interested in joining a group with expansion pack, I've got a US account and can give 10 USD eShop or 10 EUR (FR) assuming that a French account can be shared with a US account

I have two spots open in my EU family group as well, just send a DM if you are interested. The current plan is valid until the end of October (Oct. 25th to be precise). You can either join by paying 7 € via PayPal (valid until Oct. 25 2023) or by sending me a 15 € eShop code*. If you opt for the latter, you won't have to pay with the next renewal. So you're good to go until Oct. 25th 2024. :)

*please don't buy from dubious re-sellers, though.

All gone!

Last edited:
I have two spots open in my EU family group as well, just send a DM if you are interested. The current plan is valid until the end of October (Oct. 25th to be precise). You can either join by paying 7 € via PayPal (valid until Oct. 25 2023) or by sending me a 15 € eShop code*. If you opt for the latter, you won't have to pay with the next renewal. So you're good to go until Oct. 25th 2024. :)

*please don't buy from dubious re-sellers, though.
I can only pay with french or us gift cards

I do have 2 slots over in my group - if you are interested hit me with a PM.
It's up for renewal in December so it's 10.5months left

Hey guys, I'm looking for a group to join! I can transfer the money via PayPal. Region doesn't matter, last year I was in a group with someone from a different region than mine.

Back
Top Bottom