• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic NSO Family Plan |ST| When You're Here, You're Fami

I just renewed my sub last month, it seems I can convert to a family plan for around 18 bucks. If people with US accounts want to articulate one I'm glad to help, I'll be upgrading to the expansion when it releases as well.

Im from the US, anyone have a slot open? The family plan I’m on now isn’t upgrading. :(
I have literally all the slots open atm

I just renewed my sub last month, it seems I can convert to a family plan for around 18 bucks. If people with US accounts want to articulate one I'm glad to help, I'll be upgrading to the expansion when it releases as well.

PM’d!

Gonna wait and see how much it'll cost me to upgrade my current solo plan that goes until May. If it's something egregious, I'll gladly throw in $20 towards the pot for a family plan with 3 others!

Gonna wait and see how much it'll cost me to upgrade my current solo plan that goes until May. If it's something egregious, I'll gladly throw in $20 towards the pot for a family plan with 3 others!

You’ll pay for the remaining time. In Europe for example the upgrade costs €20, so if you have 6 months left the upgrade will be €10.

edit: See below.

Last edited:

I also have an individual subscription that expires in February. Don't know how that affects things, but I'd join in.

Hey I have some US slots if anyone wants to chip in. It would be no problem.

You’ll pay for the remaining time. In Europe for example the upgrade costs €20, so if you have 6 months left the upgrade will be €10.
I don't think that is true. You will get a full year of NSO+, but for each day you are still subbed to the base plan at the time of switching plans, you will get a 0.05€ discount. So if I'm switching from an individual base plan to a family plus plan after six months, I will have to pay about 60 bucks for a whole year. That's how it works already, when you switch plans.

I don't think that is true. You will get a full year of NSO+, but for each day you are still subbed to the base plan at the time of switching plans, you will get a 0.05€ discount. So if I'm switching from an individual base plan to a family plus plan after six months, I will have to pay about 60 bucks for a whole year. That's how it works already, when you switch plans.

Ah, I think I misread their post as for some reason I thought they were just gonna upgrade their regular plan to the Expansion Pack and if you do that I’m pretty sure you get a discount for how much you’ve already used. I’ve spent all afternoon and evening with 3 friends trying to figure out how to merge 3 vanilla family plans with empty spots into 2 plans which consists of a group of people who do want the upgrade and a group who doesn’t and this is what I’ve been told by others. But of course that’s not the same as upgrading a vanilla solo plan to a expanded family plan. You’re right.

My family group is officially full! Barring any hiccups we should be locked in till October next year when we’ll discuss things before renewal.

My family group is officially full! Barring any hiccups we should be locked in till October next year when we’ll discuss things before renewal.

tenor.gif

I have a family plan paid until Feb 2023, I wonder if that would net me a whole.year of the expansion pack? Also, I got like 4 spaces empty.

Quoted by: GJ
I have 3 more slots open here(US gang).

This just makes switch online way more affordable lol.

If anyone in EU is getting a group together and is looking for people to join, I'm available! If it ends up being €10 per person, I can also give an eShop card.

If anyone in EU is getting a group together and is looking for people to join, I'm available! If it ends up being €10 per person, I can also give an eShop card.
Here I am!^^
I have currently 5 open slots, with you we would be 4 people already.

US or EU?
And the same goes to you as well. Write me a PM if you are interested. :)

Last edited:
Anyone from Brazil? Can I join US family groups?
Eu sou e estou montando um grupo pra converter meu plano solo pra familiar, mas uso conta americana (ao menos que tenha mudado ainda não tem minha wishlist inteira na nossa eshop). Parece que dá pra entrar sim.
(Really sorry if there's something against speaking other languages in the forum, but seemed silly to answer in english in this case).

Eu sou e estou montando um grupo pra converter meu plano solo pra familiar, mas uso conta americana (ao menos que tenha mudado ainda não tem minha wishlist inteira na nossa eshop). Parece que dá pra entrar sim.
(Really sorry if there's something against speaking other languages in the forum, but seemed silly to answer in english in this case).
Opa, tenho interesse! Quando o grupo estiver feito me avisa por DM que quero participar! Aposto que daqui a pouco mais brasileiros vão aparecer por aqui.

This thread was a godsend. Thanks for making it, bellydrum!

I was gonna do the family plan with my cousins, but they hardly come over and only played my Switch maybe once. They used their own controllers and copy of Minecraft. The cousins are young, but know what they're doing. I never trust anybody with my game consoles, but cousins seemed trustworthy. I don't think I'd trust doing a plan with online strangers as I'd be afraid of being scammed.

I was gonna do the family plan with my cousins, but they hardly come over and only played my Switch maybe once. They used their own controllers and copy of Minecraft. The cousins are young, but know what they're doing. I never trust anybody with my game consoles, but cousins seemed trustworthy. I don't think I'd trust doing a plan with online strangers as I'd be afraid of being scammed.
If you are host, then there is absolutely no risk at all. You simply add an email to your family. Nintendo sends them an email, and then if they don't pay. You can edit them out of your plan.

There is a small risk with joining a host. But the chances of that are very low considering how low maintenance the online is. Just make sure your host adds you before you pay, and really you will be good. If anything, you are just out like $10.

If you are host, then there is absolutely no risk at all. You simply add an email to your family. Nintendo sends them an email, and then if they don't pay. You can edit them out of your plan.

There is a small risk with joining a host. But the chances of that are very low considering how low maintenance the online is. Just make sure your host adds you before you pay, and really you will be good. If anything, you are just out like $10.
Yup I just had everyone send me a $10 Eshop card. No risk really involved. Just waiting on the last one

If anything, you are just out like $10.
That's true. I also was going to bring up the concern of like using PayPal, Cash App, etc to send money. I think sending like a $10 eShop gift card seems like a good idea instead!

Not sure either.
Does someone here know how would it work? Would the system just ignore this remaining time or would it consider someway?
Just looking into it some more. Since the purchaser's individual membership ends, I would think that applies to all members of the group.

I'm going to take some more time to decide if I want to upgrade. So, good luck in filling the remaining spots for your plan.

Eu faço parte de uma família que quem paga usa uma conta americana, enquanto os outros usam contas brasileiras (até usei europeia por um tempo). Acho que é de boa :)

Hello fellow portuguese speakers!

Cross-posting this from the pricing announcement thread, because it might be relevant here as well:

I was reading the fine print on that discount you could get when upgrading from NSO basic to the EP, and it seems like you are not eligible for the discount if your current NSO membership was enabled by way of a code redemption. That's one way of getting NSO basic cheaper usually, so keep that in mind I suppose. At least until this thing's out and it becomes clearer how that policy works.

MKHsD0s.png

Last edited:
So I have a family plan with my wife today, and now 2 friends (who have individual plans currently) want to join my family plan; their individual subs end in a few months. Once they join my family, their individual plan just is sorta gone right? They dont get anything back from going from an individual plan to someone elses family, is that the correct understanding. All this discount stuff is only if you upgrade your individual to family (as opposed to joining another family).

Once i understand this all a bit more, i'd likely be open to 4 more people (US, would take eshop or amazon) but i'll post again once im ready.

Sorry to bump, but just to inform we're at 4 people right now. If anyone else is interested just let me know :).

from the eu, in case anyone has any slots open left (assuming you're getting the expansion pack).

EU - Slot available
I have a family plan with my brother and kids, so I have 4 open slots.
Will go for the Extension so who want's to join for one year please PN.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just joined from ResetEra! I've been running a US group ever for a couple years, I have 3 slots available, got a few folks dropping with the Expansion Pak price hike, comes out to $15 per year, let me know if interested. :)

Last edited:
I got 1 extra slot on my US family plan. $10 (eShop GC or Amazon GC). DM me. Full now

Last edited:
Just renewed few weeks ago (through code redeeming on top of all) so I don't get how it would work to join a EU family... will keep an eye on the thread.

We're at 5 right now, so we still have some slots. If anyone wants in just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom