• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion No Nostalgia Critic November 2023 |ST| Do you Take the Pledge?

Do you Take the Pledge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clov

An ethernet cable girlfriend
Pronouns
She/Her
That time of year has come once again. It's been a trend as of late, where people ask each other to abstain from one thing, and one thing only; watching Nostalgia Critic videos. A difficult endeavour for many, but one that all morally good people know is the righteous thing to do.

Here you must make the choice to Take the Pledge or not. If you choose to Take the Pledge, then you must abstain from watching any and ALL Nostalgia Critic/Doug Walker content for the ENTIRE month of November. Otherwise, you can take the coward's way, and refuse...

Let's begin. Can you banish that devil, Doug Walker, from your household for one entire month? Who will Take the Pledge?

I Take the Pledge!

I haven't watched one since I was a teen, so it feels like cheating to pledge, but I will to drive up numbers.

I'll... take the pledge. It kind of worked out this year, I just so happened to marathon all of Deno Reel this past weekend to get material for my Halloween costune.

I haven't though about the Nostalgia Critic since 2013 actually since dan olson released that "the wall" video but I take the pledge.

I'm exclusive to one film review show and so I am always taking The Pledge 💍
P7a02MG.png

Is there a reason for this? Did they do something bad?

Like, it seems to me that we’d just be lowering the view count of an above average YT person for no reason at all.

Do you or do you not Take the Pledge?

I don't even know who that is so I'm not too sure if any pledge from me would be meaningful.

Hey everybody. I hope everyone's pledge is going well. This has been a very challenging month for me so far. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat, Doug's visage burned into my eyelids like the sun. I dreamed of him. I dreamed of his classic shirt and tie, I envisioned his gun firing to the heavens, I heard his jovial greeting so clearly as though it were sniper rifle-ulously trained straight for my brain. I opened my phone and frantically started to google his name, just for a little taste to hold me over, but my wife slapped my phone out of my hand just in time. She gave me a giant hug and told me it will be okay, that we'll all get through this together. I started crying, but it was for my own good. I'm glad I found this thread so that we can support each other during this season.

Hey everybody. I hope everyone's pledge is going well. This has been a very challenging month for me so far. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat, Doug's visage burned into my eyelids like the sun. I dreamed of him. I dreamed of his classic shirt and tie, I envisioned his gun firing to the heavens, I heard his jovial greeting so clearly as though it were sniper rifle-ulously trained straight for my brain. I opened my phone and frantically started to google his name, just for a little taste to hold me over, but my wife slapped my phone out of my hand just in time. She gave me a giant hug and told me it will be okay, that we'll all get through this together. I started crying, but it was for my own good. I'm glad I found this thread so that we can support each other during this season.

artworks-oC0iNo2YftK9bJEC-y5eQIA-t500x500.jpg

FEbRQauVgAUFKvS.jpg:large

I can't help but feel like the people who have never heard of him had much healthier internet lives in the mid 00s...

I can't help but feel like the people who have never heard of him had much healthier internet lives in the mid 00s...

I can only wish I, too, had spent the mid-to-late 2000s free of the horrors of "Kickassia".

Must one also abstain from the genre of “adult critiquing children’s media in over the top manner” that he helped to popularize? Doug’s influence dwells deep within the heart of the algorithm.

Don't think I've ever watched a single one of his videos tbh.
I used to watch some of his stuff when I was younger but I got sick of cis white dudes getting angry at media a long time ago. And that was before the whole “change the channel” debacle. I prefer more thoughtful analysis these days. I think the only one of the former channel awesome people I watch with any regularity these days is Linkara and he is a very outspoken supporter of trans rights.

He's gonna take you back to the past!

To play the shitty games that suck ass!

...You know, I can't remember ever actually watching anything of his. At all. Perhaps it'd be cheating, then, but... Can I still take the pledge?

Back
Top Bottom