• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion No Nostalgia Critic November 2023 |ST| Do you Take the Pledge?

Do you Take the Pledge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now should I watch a bunch of Nostalgia Critic videos? I haven't in years, but the month is over so I guess I should?

I made it through the month, thank gosh. Now it's time for Dougcember to begin!

Sorry to step outside the bit but I want it on the record that I literally haven't watched the Nostalgia Critic in over 10 years and don't plan to go back I'm sorry for lying everyone

Sorry to step outside the bit but I want it on the record that I literally haven't watched the Nostalgia Critic in over 10 years and don't plan to go back I'm sorry for lying everyone
I genuinely don't think I've watched NC since before the 2010s

November is finally over... and so is your trial, brave warriors. Though I'm certain for each and every one of you who Took the Pledge, the month was hellish and unbearable, you are now free. You have proved yourselves honourable and just. To all 47 of our brave fighters... you may go now, and do as you will... until next November...

Bt8zq8QCcAAgng1

You can celebrate by watching a bunch of video essays dunking on Doug and his awful content

I haven't watched The Nostalgia Critic in years and I don't miss it, but honestly if the point of this was to make him unsympathetic, it's pretty much missed the mark and would almost tend to have the opposite effect.

I haven't watched The Nostalgia Critic in years and I don't miss it, but honestly if the point of this was to make him unsympathetic, it's pretty much missed the mark and would almost tend to have the opposite effect.
Anyone who has any sympathy for Doug and Channel Awesome after #changethechannel is incredibly sus

I had no idea what you were talking about, I had to go google. It would be useful to mention it clearly I think because I don't think I'm the only person who watched those videos a long time ago without ever knowing anything about the rest.

Incidentally, I didn't know what "sus" meant either, to stay on an unsympathetic note.

Gonna break character and say amazing how many people don't get this is a bit. Also, fuck Doug Walker. A piece of shit as well as being just genuinely untalented and unfunny.

I had no idea what you were talking about, I had to go google. It would be useful to mention it clearly I think because I don't think I'm the only person who watched those videos a long time ago without ever knowing anything about the rest.

Incidentally, I didn't know what "sus" meant either, to stay on an unsympathetic note.

Look, it's over! It's December now. Those who Took the Pledge are no longer bound. You're free...

Gonna break character and say amazing how many people don't get this is a bit. Also, fuck Doug Walker. A piece of shit as well as being just genuinely untalented and unfunny.

For real, the funniest part of the month was all the people who didn't understand the thread was meant to be silly. You'd think that the way I phrased the options and OP would be enough!

At the end of the Day, it is important to remember that the Nostalgia Critic once staged a hostile takeover of the sovereign micronation of Molsassia.

I was just young enough for most of that period of YouTube to pass me by entirely. I have an awareness of old CDi memes and This is Sparta, I've seen Charlie the Unicorn, it doesn't extend much further than that. All of these old gamer personalities only exist to me via the monthly news that one of them is actually a wife-beating nazi pedophile embezzler. Although most of those stories are about streamers now I think, who I've usually just never heard of at all...

You can celebrate by watching a bunch of video essays dunking on Doug and his awful content

Nooo, please, don't show them that this asshole covered for his boss behavior and denied his harassement, or that time he covered a pedophile. And then managed to name one of his victim instead of masking it in an official 'statement' about the "Change the Channel".

Please, don't show them how badly Channel Awesome responded to ALL of this with just this : "We're sorry YOU FELT THAT WAY".

Nooo, please, don't show them that this asshole covered for his boss behavior and denied his harassement, or that time he covered a pedophile. And then managed to name one of his victim instead of masking it in an official 'statement' about the "Change the Channel".

Please, don't show them how badly Channel Awesome responded to ALL of this with just this : "We're sorry YOU FELT THAT WAY".
It's fine to show them now, it's not November anymore.

Hi, I know November 2024 is still months away, but can I Take The Pledge early this year?

Hi, I know November 2024 is still months away, but can I Take The Pledge early this year?

I wondered why this thread got an out-of-season bump and I assure you this is not what I expected to find. Doug is still out there living his worst life.

Back
Top Bottom