• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is just Beyond the Present

What is the big day 1 launch game for successor of the Nintendo Switch System?

• 3D Mario

Votes: 216 79.4%
  • 2D Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Donkey Kong

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Pokemon Legends: Z-A

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • New IP

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Super Smash Bros

• Splatoon

• Animal Crossing

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zelda

• Total voters
It's most likely fake.

Also this OS would do horrendous consequences to the Switch 2 ram and face the similar difficulty the Series S has.

Also... Why would Nintendo advertise streaming service, especially peackcock of all things, it's something Nintendo no longer cares about it.
If any streaming service were to make it on a future Nintendo console it would definitely be Universal's

the sole strength of the switch home menu is the huge game icons taking up most of the space, meanwhile this uses the same icons but squeezes them into a smaller space to make room for ads and a top third of negative space for the background

the top icons don't match, the font is bad, the contrast is bad, the top icons are ridiculously tiny, and the tiles aren't aligned well

it's somehow super generic as you say but also turbo ugly
I just brought the image into Photoshop, everything is aligned to a T, font seems to be Roboto which is one of the most common fonts in the world. If Roboto is bad, that means 99% of webpages use a bad font, which is untrue, top icons are smaller than Switch, but bigger than PlayStation and Xbox, so it's a middle ground

idk this doesn't look clean and modern, to me it looks like a shitpost

iba9lxb.jpg
Is that Miiverse lmao

I just brought the image into Photoshop, everything is aligned to a T, font seems to be Roboto which is one of the most common fonts in the world. If Roboto is bad, that means 99% of webpages use a bad font, which is untrue, top icons are smaller than Switch, but bigger than PlayStation and Xbox, so it's a middle ground
the selected icon is brought off grid deliberately but it looks bad imo

font isn't right for multiple sizes like this

disagree about it being a middle ground when imo it very plainly looks like shit

I like how simple the Switch UI is. Just give me the icons in some kind of grid. I'm not trying to spend any more time on the home screen than necessary. I feel like a boomer every time I try to play a game on my Xbox.

"I work a full-time job, I don't have time to be faking these things myself! But let me defend it to the death and even scrutinize minute details in PhotoShop, the very software that could have made the image to begin with."

Bro lmfao

the Switch UI is fine as a base, i'd rather see them focus on customization for people who want it than just changing it up for everyone for no real reason

stuff like themes, folders, the ability to make icons smaller to have more on the screen at once that people can engage with as much or as little as they want to

With the Nintendo Direct now behind us, I just wonder how the rest of the year will go. There's definitely grounds for another Nintendo Direct happening with 3 big games coming out this year, but when will the big Switch 2 reveal come? Should we just expect another October reveal with a January presentation like the Switch had?

With the Nintendo Direct now behind us, I just wonder how the rest of the year will go. There's definitely grounds for another Nintendo Direct happening with 3 big games coming out this year, but when will the big Switch 2 reveal come? Should we just expect another October reveal with a January presentation like the Switch had?
I think this was the last Switch only direct since the next intended time frame for a direct that covers Q4 would be taken up by Drake reveal. so it's probably a slow burn until then. maybe a Zelda Direct to show off EoW, a third party mini-direct, and then a Mario and Luigi Direct to cap everything off

i don't think we need another general direct just to show off more Zelda, M&L and Mario party, Zelda will probably get a dedicated direct, while M&L and Mario party only need overview trailers. but a partner direct or indie showcase around tokyo game show makes sense

I think this was the last Switch only direct since the next intended time frame for a direct that covers Q4 would be taken up by Drake reveal. so it's probably a slow burn until then. maybe a Zelda Direct to show off EoW, a third party mini-direct, and then a Mario and Luigi Direct to cap everything off
To add to this; no need to show Prime 4 in that direct if it wasn't the last opportunity to do it. It is almost a full year out and that direct was a banger without it. They could've saved it for a dry direct and it would have made more sense. This is why I think there will be no September direct other than a small one.

I don't know why you'd make an account purely to push fake UI leaks that are just minor edits of the Xbox UI, but that was mildly entertaining, I suppose.
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the livestream numbers were for the recent Nintendo direct off hand?

I don't know why you'd make an account purely to push fake UI leaks that are just minor edits of the Xbox UI, but that was mildly entertaining, I suppose.

oh looks like my guess was right

I can't wait to get back into the Smash hype cycle lol. I think I live for the reactions more than the reveals at this point.
i live for both :devilish: just as long as the fandom doesnt complain about "too many characters" and using death theats to force sakurai to cut characters. threats and smash having less content will lead to this game selling a big fat zero amount of copies 😂

i live for both :devilish: just as long as the fandom doesnt complain about "too many characters" and using death theats to force sakurai to cut characters. threats and smash having less content will lead to this game selling a big fat zero amount of copies 😂
I think Sakurai said if there is a new one, the roster would be smaller? I'm not certain though. But yeah, I hope he doesn't get anymore death threats.

I think Sakurai said if there is a new one, the roster would be smaller? I'm not certain though. But yeah, I hops he doesn't get anymore death threats.
he said it'd be really difficult for the same amount of content but he never said it'd be impossible. even more interesting is that i've seen a lot of statements from sakurai over the years but i found a pattern of him changing his mind repeatedly over each generation of a smash game. we'll just need to wait and see... :unsure:🕰️

he said it'd be really difficult for the same amount of content but he never said it'd be impossible. even more interesting is that i've seen a lot of statements from sakurai over the years but i found a pattern of him changing his mind repeatedly over each generation of a smash game. we'll just need to wait and see... :unsure:🕰️
Hmm, interesting. Personally I wouldn't mind if the roster was smaller, as long as there's at least 40 characters at the end of the day, including newcomers and DLC.

Hmm, interesting. Personally I wouldn't mind if the roster was smaller, as long as there's at least 40 characters at the end of the day, including newcomers and DLC.
that line of thought of a smaller roster is said from literally everyone at the smash fandom. i'd not be mad if sakurai really announced it publicly at the reveal of the next smash bros but the 'character cuts' came from smash fans' personal grudges against people's favourite characters. i hope you can respect people's favourites...

that line of thought of a smaller roster is said from literally everyone at the smash fandom. i'd not be mad if sakurai really announced it publicly at the reveal of the next smash bros but the 'character cuts' came from smash fans' personal grudges against people's favourite characters. i hope you can respect people's favourites...
No matter what, someone's favorite is inevitably gonna get cut if a significant roster cut did happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

Although I don't care for a major Nintendo Switch OS revision, I am of the opinion that it will be yet another simple operating system, but with enough upgrades and designs to make it look like an upgrade from the previous OS.

And hopefully, it has themes. And if not, more colors lol

I still liked the 3DS home screen, since you could choose how many rows you wanted it to display and arrange your games and folders however you liked. I get why people like the automatic sorting on the Switch, but I want to be able to customize the layout again.

I still liked the 3DS home screen, since you could choose how many rows you wanted it to display and arrange your games and folders however you liked. I get why people like the automatic sorting on the Switch, but I want to be able to customize the layout again.
folder 1 - RPGs: xenoblade 1, xenoblade 2, xenoblade 3
folder 2 - strategy: fire emblem three houses, fire emblem engage, mario rabbids sparks of hope
folder 3 - mario: mario kart 8 deluxe, mario party superstars, NSMBU deluxe, mario maker 2, mario odyssey, paper mario the thousand year door, mario 3d world + bowser's fury, mario wonder, princess peach showtime, luigi's mansion 3, mario strikers battle league, mario golf super rush, super mario rpg

Last edited:
folder 1 - RPGs: xenoblade 1, xenoblade 2, xenoblade 3
folder 2 - strategy: fire emblem three houses, fire emblem engage, mario rabbids sparks of hope
folder 3 - mario: mario kart 8 deluxe, mario party superstars, NSMBU deluxe, mario maker 2, mario odyssey, paper mario the thousand year door, mario 3d world + bowser's fury, mario wonder, princess peach showtime, luigi's mansion 3, mario strikers battle league, mario golf super rush
No Mario RPG?

I just want to know how easy it will be to get my data/saves/games from my Switch to the Switch 2. Can I just plug in my micro SD and go?
Why put this out into the world? We don't need to talk about this, man!

I still get upset over losing my wii data for a system that 19 people bought.

the Switch UI is fine as a base, i'd rather see them focus on customization for people who want it than just changing it up for everyone for no real reason

stuff like themes, folders, the ability to make icons smaller to have more on the screen at once that people can engage with as much or as little as they want to
So bringing back 3DS features. One can hope.

Regardless of if there is a September Direct or not, I don't think we'll get a Switch 2 reveal until October.
Nintendo wants to sell those Zelda themed limited Switch Lites first.

inspired by our banned friend I made my own shitty ass switch 2 menu but instead of making it more like the other consoles I believe I have somehow made it even more like the switch menu than the switch menu itself

xCsQ9yE.png

as you can see there are no words. if you wanted to see the exact name of software you'd use + to access the details menu. icons are supposed to have logos so uh tough shit to anybody who broke the standard

5ya5R3G.png

I thought it'd be fucked up if the profiles had no words though so I put em up in the top. the font would be smaller if there were more probably idk

FhrTSMP.png

this is probably the shittiest execution but here's what the L button does. yeah, I put the system apps on a weapon wheel. check it out, the colors are perfect. the controller menu got upgraded to green because of the system lights

NHj5Ywo.png

and here's what R does. the system settings got tucked in here with a few extras.

24YQBV3.png

and finally here's what the 1 row setting looks like. we can really enjoy those album cover style icons at this size

the + menu probably looks the same. the X button is for closing software. I forgot about switching users. thanks for reading

Back
Top Bottom