• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is just Beyond the Present

What is the big day 1 launch game for successor of the Nintendo Switch System?

• 3D Mario

Votes: 216 79.4%
  • 2D Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Donkey Kong

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Pokemon Legends: Z-A

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • New IP

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Super Smash Bros

• Splatoon

• Animal Crossing

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zelda

• Total voters
nd a casual party game that should have been a pack-in.

It's interesting to me that nearly two decades later we still get statements like this, which can only come a place of complete misunderstanding of why Wii sports was included with every Wii and why something like 1-2 switch was not (and shouldn't have been). One particular place that this comes from is the mistaken idea that a pack in game is 'free', when the exact opposite is true, and you're pushing up the price of every single unit and giving the playerbase no choice but to buy this specific title. If you're going to do this, you have to be 120% sure you want every single buyer playing your game, and there are very few titles like that in the history of videogames. I think you could honestly make a strong argument that Wii sports may be the only game like that in the last three decades

It's interesting to me that nearly two decades later we still get statements like this, which can only come a place of complete misunderstanding of why Wii sports was included with every Wii and why something like 1-2 switch was not (and shouldn't have been). One particular place that this comes from is the mistaken idea that a pack in game is 'free', when the exact opposite is true, and you're pushing up the price of every single unit and giving the playerbase no choice but to buy this specific title. If you're going to do this, you have to be 120% sure you want every single buyer playing your game, and there are very few titles like that in the history of videogames. I think you could honestly make a strong argument that Wii sports may be the only game like that in the last three decades

Every 3DS owner should have played pilotwings resort. (No joke)

I doubt Switch 2 will have a casual launch title. There's no new gimmick.
I beg to differ, mainly considering we've always had one for each system with the Wii. I also have a conspiracy theory in this regard after the direct: the casual launch title will be Switch Sports 2 (or Wii Sports 4 depending on how far back you wanna count).

Ever since the direct, I've been trying to wrap my head around why they would add basketball to Switch Sports over 2 years after launch, with the most recent content update happening in December 2022 before that. Then I thought back to Super Mario Party, which similarly had a brand new feature (online support) added years after its launch as well. In that case, they updated the game as they were finishing development on Mario Party Superstars, which was announced and released shortly after that update.

I believe the Switch Sports developers might've done something similar. As they were preparing for the sequel, they decided to go ahead and finish something they had initially halted work on for the original game. Perhaps it's even being used to test something ahead of the launch of the sequel, similar to how many theorized they added online play to Super Mario Party to test the netcode for Superstars.

EDIT: I didn't realize the casual game was an ongoing topic, otherwise I wouldn't have singled out the comment from @Wockio specifically. Sorry lol

I beg to differ, mainly considering we've always had one for each system with the Wii. I also have a conspiracy theory in this regard after the direct: the casual launch title will be Switch Sports 2 (or Wii Sports 4 depending on how far back you wanna count).

Ever since the direct, I've been trying to wrap my head around why they would add basketball to Switch Sports over 2 years after launch, with the most recent content update happening in December 2022 before that. Then I thought back to Super Mario Party, which similarly had a brand new feature (online support) added years after its launch as well. In that case, they updated the game as they were finishing development on Mario Party Superstars, which was announced and released shortly after that update.

I believe the Switch Sports developers might've done something similar. As they were preparing for the sequel, they decided to go ahead and finish something they had initially halted work on for the original game. Perhaps it's even being used to test something ahead of the launch of the sequel, similar to how many theorized they added online play to Super Mario Party to test the netcode for Superstars.
They are definitely making a new one but I doubt its for Switch 2

I doubt Switch 2 will have a casual launch title. There's no new gimmick.
Even with no gimmick, you still should have a more approachable game other than a full blown collect-a-thon 3D platformer that lasts for 12 to 15 hours, and supposedly a sci-fi shooter with darker visuals and themes.

Maybe a new Pilotwings would do the trick.

Even with no gimmick, you still should have a more approachable game other than a full blown collect-a-thon 3D platformer that lasts for 12 to 15 hours, and supposedly a sci-fi shooter with darker visuals and themes.

Maybe a new Pilotwings would do the trick.
3D Mario is as approachable as games get

Re: Switch 2 Presentation - If Nintendo keeps taking cues from Apple's marketing, there's a possiblity they might expand the Direct format into a bigger one, just for a Switch 2 event. Imagine a Direct, but bigger, and without the Direct brand in it
Yes, yes, pull an iPhone reveal and come out and go "today we're revealing three world class products" and then at the end "it's all one product" OOH AHH WOO!!!

Re: Switch 2 Presentation - If Nintendo keeps taking cues from Apple's marketing, there's a possiblity they might expand the Direct format into a bigger one, just for a Switch 2 event. Imagine a Direct, but bigger, and without the Direct brand in it
I think the presentation show will be similar as the Switch one, or even bigger.

Smash Bros is by far the biggest wild card going into the next generation. Nintendo could go in a bunch of different directions with that franchise
Yep. I would say Smash is up there and Star Fox. SF is a wildcard too, but I think Nintendo could change the formula up. We’ve already seen different variations of it.

All their other series are kind of what they are. Some have smaller things like Paper Mario with unique characters and battle system for example

I definitely think it will have a casual title from EPD 4 at launch. This is who Nintendo is since Iwata took over. It’ll have some kind of features on there Nintendo will want to put into a new game even if those gimmicks aren’t really new.

It will have a gimmick-related game when launch, just like 1-2 switch. That's the job of EPD 4.

But i am not sure whether it will be a "causal game", i will say it is a gimmick-game.

If the Switch 2 will be revealed after September (probably), then we'll most likely get a partner direct/direct mini. I can't seem them going ham again

Please refrain from posting the same fake leak over and over after being repeatedly asked to stop. For this, you've been banned for one week. -TC, Lord Azrael, Zellia, IsisStormDragon
This same Twitter user has been posting these Switch 2 menu leaks. I have tried reposting them but got removed on copyright grounds. Is this legit? It looks nice visually

This same Twitter user has been posting these Switch 2 menu leaks. I have tried reposting them but got removed on copyright grounds. Is this legit? It looks nice visually

Why would ESRB rate a console menu? and why would they have screens of it while rating them?. These are poorly made mockups. Nintendo would not use Ariel as the font anywhere, they'd never let anyone to use photo as profile pic AND those are not the correct icons for Sonic Frontier and Persona 5 Royal.

And they're not nice at all, Nintendo has the news feed small icon in the menu much better than this, which some reason had it bigger than game icons.

you have been told multiple times that these are likely fake. This twitter account is some rando with nothing before it. It's probably yours. Stop.

GQtJFk9XsAA9tVc
feat-ui.jpg

what is bad about it, looks just like Xbox and PS5, so do those look bad too?
the sole strength of the switch home menu is the huge game icons taking up most of the space, meanwhile this uses the same icons but squeezes them into a smaller space to make room for ads and a top third of negative space for the background

the top icons don't match, the font is bad, the contrast is bad, the top icons are ridiculously tiny, and the tiles aren't aligned well

it's somehow super generic as you say but also turbo ugly

"Full library & media" is such a bizarre thing for it to say

it's so convincingly odd that it actually makes me wonder if it's real

It's most likely fake.

Also this OS would do horrendous consequences to the Switch 2 ram and face the similar difficulty the Series S has.

Also... Why would Nintendo advertise streaming service, especially peackcock of all things, it's something Nintendo no longer cares about it.

Back
Top Bottom