• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw just putting it out there that the OG Adventure 1 model is my favorite Sonic 3D model because it has just the right balance of an artist going "I need to make this match the concept art while staying within hardware limitations" and "fuck it, total chaos."

Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 is obnoxious
I did it! Thank god for the infinite continues on the iPad version.

After that ridiculous level, the final boss was super easy.

I can finally say I’ve beaten Sonic 1! It was the first video game I ever played, and now I’ve beaten it. This feels like a big lifetime accomplishment somehow.

I did it! Thank god for the infinite continues on the iPad version.

After that ridiculous level, the final boss was super easy.

I can finally say I’ve beaten Sonic 1! It was the first video game I ever played, and now I’ve beaten it. This feels like a big lifetime accomplishment somehow.
d56953c3cb54c75281b5456d920ce149d68901c6.gifv

I got a little creative and made a blackberry syrup from berries I picked. Then I made a riff on a clover club with the blackberry syrup instead of raspberry, grapefruit juice instead of lemon, and some Hendricks gin to add the more subtle cucumber notes to balance the bitterness. Turned out pretty good.

CD6622-D2-7765-4-E79-97-B0-A4-D5-C9-E41-D77.jpg

Have a fun idea for another one tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've been seeing a lot of low view count videos popping up in my Youtube feed (like less than 500 views) which is good for smaller channels trying to get noticed but some of the stuff is not even remotely related to the things I watch on Youtube. Like one was a sermon for a small church I guess. I have also been seeing lots of content creators putting out videos complaining about Youtube in general, talking about how the algorithm has completely shit the bed (more than usual) and people have seeing much lower view and subscriber increases as a result.

I've been seeing a lot of low view count videos popping up in my Youtube feed (like less than 500 views) which is good for smaller channels trying to get noticed but some of the stuff is not even remotely related to the things I watch on Youtube. Like one was a sermon for a small church I guess. I have also been seeing lots of content creators putting out videos complaining about Youtube in general, talking about how the algorithm has completely shit the bed (more than usual) and people have seeing much lower view and subscriber increases as a result.
I have been getting loads of recommendations of why “v shred” is a fraudulent fitness program. No clue why as I don’t watch YouTube fitness videos. Probably some google algorithm nonsense for some of my searches on athletic ware or whatever.

The music in the Leftherian Archipielago... why is this soundtrack (Xenoblade 2) so good. Past few areas are just banger after banger.
It's one of my favorite tracks on the whole OST, constantly battling the theme of Uraya in my mind for first place

Hot damn SNES graphics still look so darn beautiful decades later

yoshi-baby-mario.gif

donkey-kong-country-snes.gif

66f4db6d69f8599350f9ede244e08175.gif
Absolutely.
And don't forget:
474226-Chrono-Trigger-pixel-art-retro-games-mountains.png

Didn’t even get that far in just got the first ouroborus/Morbius fight and I can already tell XBC3 is my type of game. And that my interesting character side quest itis is going to get me bad despite not running into any major ones yet. I 100% Torna easy and did 90% of the Blade stories in 2

Edit: and before anyone comments, I’m avoiding spoilers like the plague with this late start and will not be going in the OT any time soon, so give me a little slack

Glad to see the kickstarter for Armed Fantasia and Penny Blood doing so well. After the success of Bloodstained I wouldn't be shocked to see a publisher step in at some point.

Glad to see the kickstarter for Armed Fantasia and Penny Blood doing so well. After the success of Bloodstained I wouldn't be shocked to see a publisher step in at some point.
I’m never doing a video game Kickstarter again after hover. And that one wasn’t even a complete catastrophe

I’m loving the PS1/PS2 more niche JRPGs kickstarter trend. Can’t wait for Eiyuden next year.

so if we got a direct tomorrow (not happening) and it was only 7 minutes long (no, not real, do not read look away)

give me your lightning round potential announcements in excruciating detail. but Nintendo only has seven minutes total!!

so if we got a direct tomorrow (not happening) and it was only 7 minutes long (no, not real, do not read look away)

give me your lightning round potential announcements in excruciating detail. but Nintendo only has seven minutes total!!
Nintendo Direct Classic:
  • Metroid Prime Remastered (1:00)
  • F-Zero GX Remastered (1:30)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD (2:30)
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Remake (2:00)

Still waiting for the day Nintendo randomly drops themes on the Switch

If they could add Bluetooth Support and folder out of nowhere, I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE

God this puppy is gonna be the death of me. Between him and my youngest I'm pretty sure I'm getting about 2 hours of sleep a night now.

And now school for my oldest is starting.

So is DMC2 just this shitty B movie that you love to hate because it is so dumb that it is actually unintentionally funny, or am I high?

Just a couple of missions in at this point, but the enemy AI is something else.

So is DMC2 just this shitty B movie that you love to hate because it is so dumb that it is actually unintentionally funny, or am I high?

Just a couple of missions in at this point, but the enemy AI is something else.
It’s just a bad game ultimately that wears you down the longer you play. Some amusing stuff in there, but it’s really not worth it.

this is fucking real?? jeeeesus
Putting aside the bad title, the game was pretty good though
The cover and title are hella misleading, it’s basically a collection of silly touchscreen minigames.

Hot damn SNES graphics still look so darn beautiful decades later

yoshi-baby-mario.gif
I need more pastel graphics in my life.

Astral Chains turns 3 years today - best platinum game and my game of the year 2019.
The combat mechanics were so good. I hope we get to revisit them.

• Half a minute on a silly introduction full of squid puns
  • 3 minutes on a new Splatoon 3 coop campaign mode
  • 1 minute to introduce the addition of basketball and canoeing to Switch sports
  • 2 minutes and 30 second teaser for new DK

• Metroid Prime Remastered (1:00)
  • F-Zero GX Remastered (1:30)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD (2:30)
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Remake (2:00)

• Half a minute on a silly introduction full of squid puns
  • 3 minutes on a new Splatoon 3 coop campaign mode
  • 1 minute to introduce the addition of basketball and canoeing to Switch sports
  • 2 minutes and 30 second teaser for new DK

thank you both for answering!!

no offense but like these both sound extremely bleak

I’m saying it’s Nintendo’s WHOLE one and only SEPTEMBER DIRECT — but they’ve only got seven minutes!!

nothing more until February!

they can cram 40 announcements in, you’d just have to be creative about how much time they spend on each

three minutes on splatoon (out of seven) in this would be soul-crushing, I mean we know what we need to know at this point

hypothetical entire 7-minute September direct — dream big! what would you see, how long would each bit take, and how would they make it all fit?

and not just Nintendo games — it’s a whole direct, just really constrained!

So I made a quick and easy all purpose enemy debuff function... But now I'm realizing how easily that can be abused. Cast polarize to lower the enemy's electrical resistant by 40% and then do it again and again and one lightning bolt will kill them.

Maybe it makes more sense to apply the debuff as an entire debuff class so I can just look for duplicate classes to avoid easy abuse like this. I can always make it a skill bonus to apply the same debuff 2 or 3 or 4 times.

Is this finally going to happen? Am I going to get my Metroid Premake and Metroid Pr-demake? And finally the heavily rumored
Metroid Prime Party
will finally be shown? Holy crap what a time to be alive.

thank you both for answering!!

no offense but like these both sound extremely bleak

I’m saying it’s Nintendo’s WHOLE one and only SEPTEMBER DIRECT — but they’ve only got seven minutes!!

nothing more until February!

they can cram 40 announcements in, you’d just have to be creative about how much time they spend on each

three minutes on splatoon (out of seven) in this would be soul-crushing, I mean we know what we need to know at this point

hypothetical entire 7-minute September direct — dream big! what would you see, how long would each bit take, and how would they make it all fit?

and not just Nintendo games — it’s a whole direct, just really constrained!
1 Minute of Dragon Quest including: Treasures for like 5 sec, III for 15 seconds and 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ports for 20secs. Montage style. Then 20 seconds on IX Remake. Too soon for XII.

1 Minute on Mario: 30secs 2D, entirely new style of mario, never before seen, similar effect like the Cappy E3 trailer. 30secs of a true sequel to the GBA Mario vs Donkey Kong, leading into...

1 Minute of Donkey Kong: New 3D Game by the odyssey team, including new ape characters and those from jungle beat. Exploration, action (you can punch for sure), and super fun looking movement, climbing, hanging and jumping from vines, rollling around etc

1 Minute on Sakurai: Kirby City Trial is announced, lead by sakurai and already done, e shop game with just air rides city trial mode with the old city plus 2 new ones. Just more achievements, rides, items etc + the ability to play online and have the games last up to 99minutes. Also Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster on Switch. Then, new IP by sakurai. idc what it is, I will play anything he does.

1 minute on Zelda: Botw 2 gets a release date and a cool trailer. Nice. Oracle remake announced as one game (haven't played them might not make sense lol) Also, Zelda spin off where you play as a martial arts master, not about saving the world, you're just a master teaching people in his school, 2 of your students are link and zelda though.

1 Minute on "smaller" games: Rhythm Paradise, a new Famicom Detective Style game and a Boku no Natsuyasumi style game made in tandem by the original creators and Nintendo

30 seconds third party reel: Ribbit King Remaster/port, Layton 1-6+Phoenix Wright on Switch, Castlevania DS Collection

Finally 1 Minute on a new IP by nintendo, not sure who, that is set in contemporary China. Focus on martial arts but you're also a convenience store clerk and student. You do travel around the country though throughout the game. At some point you definitley meet the Monkey King.
ALTERNATIVELY because I just remembered I wanted this before: A game where you're in the world of the different short stories in Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio. You're basically Pu Songling, travelling around the country and witnessing all the stories to write them down.

I just followed your advice to dream big, not the whole "make it all fit" bit lmao

Last edited:

Metroid Premake (0:10)
Metroid Fusion re-release (0:20)
Metroid Prime 4 (0:21)
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 2 (1:20)
Mario Party 6: The Reawakening (1:25)
We're sorry for the joycons, no we aren't cutting price of switch and switch oled has been canceled, only switch lite (1:27)
Call of Duty: Mario Warfare (5:00)
Pokemon Dash 2 (5:30)
F-Zero won't be coming back ever (5:35)
Golden Sun: Silver Moon (6:10)
Dead Space x Bioshock (6:15)
Mario and Friends Race in Hot Balloons around the World in 999 days; Nintendo racing crossover with nineninenine (6:20)
Metroid plush; Club Nintendo coming back, exclusive, costs $200 (6:30)
Boos haunted Water Park (6:40)
Lightning round, warning may cause seizures 10 third party titles shown (6:45)
Last second tease of Vault Dweller kicking a Pikachu (6:55)
Goodbye (6:59)
Last second frame is Samus staring at the screen with red eyes (7:00)

Widely regarded as the best Direct ever, makes news headlines around the world, wars stop, peace has been declared. Life is good.

However its the last direct ever, and Nintendo gets bought out by Sony 5 years later, and TLOU pt 1 Remake 2 feat Pikachu (rabbit who gets shot by arrow), Link (Joel) and Daisy (Ellie) gets released on the PS5 Pro.

It's absolutely unacceptable that it's not October already and I have to wait almost 2 months for the new CRJ album. Super childish of time to move at its regular pace.

Minute 1: Yakuza 0
Minute 2: Metroid Prime HD
Minute 3: Wind Waker HD + Twilight Princess HD
Minute 4: Game Boy NSO
Minute 5: GBA NSO
Minute 6: PC Engine NSO
Minute 7: Doug Bowser eats a sandwich while never breaking eye contact with camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom