• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo be like

seinfeld-nothing.gif
Hey now

Partner Showcases are not nothing

Howdy, it's been a little while since I've posted here. I'm still diligently working on my game. Lots happening on that front, but I still can't really talk about it yet unfortunately. I'm super excited about it!

I played a lot of the Splatoon 3 Splatfest test (Splattest?) and was reminded of this place. I haven't played a lot of Switch since I got the Portal Companion Collection, which was a treat.

Oh speaking of Valve, the Steam Deck is incredible. I was lucky enough to get one and I've been obsessed. It's also been very rewarding to see something I made being played on a handheld. Pretty cool stuff.

Even there, while the story that happens in the time of the game itself is a bit lacking (especially IMO how short the ending is even with the extra scene), for me if you count story as the lore and background of everything that happened 100 years ago and how you piece all that together it's one of my favorite Nintendo stories of all time.
The Dark Souls of Zelda stories.

Phil-kun has won me over with his GamePass. I am not buying Danganronpa V3 and Persona 5 Royal on Switch to play them on Series S and PC. Maybe AI Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative too if it gets on GP before the end of the year.

Good lord. This bottle of ice tea has 80% of the recommended daily sugar amount in it. It's impossible to find decent choice of ice tea in this country that isn't filled with diabetes. Even the "diet" green tea at Wawa is loaded with sugar.
Lipton tea bags, brewed in advance, refrigerate and drink black. I go through at least three pitchers of tea a week.

Edit: I admit that I’m guilty of mixing in some Gold Peak Slightly Sweet tea to my Lipton from time to time. It helps to stretch the pitcher so I don’t have to brew tea so often.

Last edited:
In my precious free time I should be working on stuff like abilities or skills or icons but instead thanks to you people I made this:

Partner Showcase
BotW2 YouTube trailer
Bayonetta 3 Direct

This is our September.

Need to figure what I’m doing wrong with my bedtime routine/ritual on Sunday nights. This is twice in two weeks I’ve struggled to sleep on Sunday ☹️ Work is going to be rough today with all the meetings I’m in.

Need to figure what I’m doing wrong with my bedtime routine/ritual on Sunday nights. This is twice in two weeks I’ve struggled to sleep on Sunday ☹️ Work is going to be rough today with all the meetings I’m in.
Have two kids and a puppy, that'll help put you to sleep the second your head hits the pillow.

I, too, am shocked that one of the most highly regarded games ever is actually highly regarded by people.
I dunno, I just never thought about what people actually mean by it being the best Nintendo game of all time

comparison to something like Octo Expansion feels really bizarre to me

Discovering 21 year old memes by playing DMC1, smh. Wrapped that one up today. Great game, platforming sections suck though, thanks to fixed camera.

Yea, how else is Square-Enix going to announce new games launching every day remaining in the year?
No joke, they have two unannounced titles leaked to be released soon: SaGa Frontier 2 and The Voice of Cards 3. Partner or not, it's gonna be dominated by Square nonetheless.
Discovering 21 year old memes by playing DMC1, smh. Wrapped that one up today. Great game, platforming sections suck though, thanks to fixed camera.
Plus, platforms you jump are not always 3D objects, sometimes they're just prerendered images (as DMC1 built on RE3 engine). Makes it more infuriating. Great game but it got aged as hell in just few years.

Plus, platforms you jump are not always 3D objects, sometimes they're just prerendered images (as DMC1 built on RE3 engine). Makes it more infuriating. Great game but it got aged as hell in just few years.
Once Capcom is done with the REmakes I hope DMC will get a similar treatment. Will play through the originals regardless, but it would be nice to have.

Link's Awakening confirmed at 6 million on Switch, joins Ocarina of Time, Ocarina of Time 3D, Legend of Zelda (1986), Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild in the series' 6 million or more club.

DK: Tropical Freeze crossing 4 million and people wonder why Nintendo would bother with DK on Switch or with EPD making it. Mario Tennis, Kirby Star Allies, and Fire Emblem Three Houses also either over or soon to be over 4 million each.

And, notably, Bayonetta 2 officially a million seller. Neat.

psst… hey kid… you want some free market Grögols on the cheap?
ku3w1vZ.png

this little guy is Newtch. so fresh, they haven’t even hatched yet! I personally guarantee that it will stay that cute forever and also won’t grow large teeth that they want to use on everything!

nxujYSj.png

or maybe you’re a tweep of refined tastes and prefer the agile and cunning Oui. no judgment! there are no bad choices in this back-alley Grögol emporium.

xG0H9SP.png

or maybe you like this sleepy little Hember? this little pal is 100% guaranteed not likely to burn your house down unless they mutate into—

X2ip4ID.png

oh. whoops. uhhhh ignore the Spritfire and check out this weirdo!

NWH8RyJ.png

yeah buddy. that’s a spicy Metaball. good eye, champ. you uh… you mind watchin’ them for a minute? because my house is literally on fire and that’s not a good thing

Wjat do you mean bayonetta 2 is a million seller that cant be ac is much more successful smh.

Overall brilliant numbers and im shocked at xeno 2's success. I wonder if it could reach the fabled 3 million?

Also yay for dk 4 million.

psst… hey kid… you want some free market Grögols on the cheap?
ku3w1vZ.png

this little guy is Newtch. so fresh, they haven’t even hatched yet! I personally guarantee that it will stay that cute forever and also won’t grow large teeth that they want to use on everything!

nxujYSj.png

or maybe you’re a tweep of refined tastes and prefer the agile and cunning Oui. no judgment! there are no bad choices in this back-alley Grögol emporium.

xG0H9SP.png

or maybe you like this sleepy little Hember? this little pal is 100% guaranteed not likely to burn your house down unless they mutate into—

X2ip4ID.png

oh. whoops. uhhhh ignore the Spritfire and check out this weirdo!

NWH8RyJ.png

yeah buddy. that’s a spicy Metaball. good eye, champ. you uh… you mind watchin’ them for a minute? because my house is literally on fire and that’s not a good thing
I thought I was in the wrong thread for a moment.

Thinking about it more, having a "maddening hunger" ability where anything you point to turns into a sandwich including walls and floors and such might be a decent idea for an end game or post game reward. At that point if you make the game unplayable who cares?

I'm thinking that rampant capitalism and energy market are not a good combination.

edit: Oh, also finally beat Live a Live. Very good to the end. Now heading to Hard West 2 and watching Dimension 20 before Mario + Rabbids 2 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom