• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminded me of this banger tweet

Always so awesome to see some love for this excellent game. I'm happy you'll be able to experience the marvelous Spicy Calamari Inkantation DreamCatcher for the first time

Thanks!! ❤️

You can go buy every model of PS5 (except non bundled digital I guess) on PlayStation Direct right now with no queue. Still not in stores but the stock situation seems to be resolved in some ways (or could be inflation putting a damper on sales/resale). But get one if you want it.

Is soy some kind of term for estrogenic? Or is it like hippie? Really hard to get the science brain out of my interpretations of memes and whatnot. Doubt these people are smart enough to think I’m that way though.
They believe soy turns men into less manly men and essentially women in their eyes. Soy boy is what they like to call men they view as unmanly.

My new favorite example of "people would be harassed for this these days" is William Fuckin Shatner unironically doing the whole "when did Star Trek get all political??" bullshit.
I mean, I'm not a big fan of recent Trek myself (for reasons that have nothing to do with politics though) but complaining about Star Trek being political is fucking hilarious, it's like going to a Metallica concert and bitching that the music's too loud.

Star Trek has always been political. They cast a multicultural bridge crew with a black woman and an Asian man in positive and capable major supporting roles, (and a Russian man at the height of the Cold War) in the freaking 1960s.

They caused uproar in 1968 by showing an interracial kiss on television, and then again in 1995 with a same-sex kiss.

Star Trek has been political since day zero and the notion that it has suddenly become left wing in recent years is laugh-out-loud absurd.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of recent Trek myself (for reasons that have nothing to do with politics though) but complaining about Star Trek being political is fucking hilarious, it's like going to a Metallica concert and bitching that the music's too loud.

Star Trek has always been political. They cast a multicultural bridge crew with a black woman and an Asian man in positive and capable major supporting roles, (and a Russian man at the height of the Cold War) in the freaking 1960s.

They caused uproar in 1968 by showing an interracial kiss on television, and then again in 1995 with a same-sex kiss.

Star Trek has been political since day zero and the notion that it has suddenly become left wing in recent years is laugh-out-loud absurd.
Yeah Shatner said "that was social commentary, not politics!" when people began pointing out that content you're referring to. Which is hilarious that he thinks those are somehow vastly different things.

They believe soy turns men into less manly men and essentially women in their eyes. Soy boy is what they like to call men they view as unmanly.
"Soy boy" would be a much more polite phrase than the things I was called as a kid. 😅

One day I will make this thread where I do not stop gushing about Bloodborne and why I love it more than any other video game, and Fami will not be ready for it.
Oh, I am VERY ready for it. I still think Bloodborne is the best From game of all time, good as Elden Ring is. But Bloodborne is just on another level for me. The atmosphere and feel of it, especially adding in the DLC, is just amazing.

Yeah Shatner said "that was social commentary, not politics!" when people began pointing out that content you're referring to. Which is hilarious that he thinks those are somehow vastly different things.

"Soy boy" would be a much more polite phrase than the things I was called as a kid. 😅
I don't remember the names. Just the physical violence and sexual molestation. One busted my forehead open with an unripened pine cone, one had me in a chokehold that I had to bite to get out of and I got in trouble because no proof of the chokehold but they saw the bite marks. One grabbed me down there constantly.

Next level stupidity here. Though i did cut soy sauce out of the diet but that was because of the sodium content. Coconut aminos are a good substitute (or tamari, but that’s still pretty salty). Most of the studies are inconclusive or riddled with sampling issues.

Catching up on ONL... yep, that sure was a Geoff show, all right. A few things that I was mildly interested in, but I had a lot more fun just watching the GVG stream of it and listening to Jon constantly wonder when they were going to show actual gameplay

Omw home from work to do literally anything but play games. Those unplayed games in my library aren't going to not play themselves.

Is it me or Switch lineup for September is absolutely insane?

Splatoon
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle R
LoH: Trails to Zero
Life is Strange Arcadia Collection
Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris
Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival
Return to Monkey Island
DioField Chronicle
Made in Abyss Binary Star
Disney Dreamlight Valley
XIII
Dungeons 3

And indies:
Ooblets
Anno Mutationem
Temtem
Dorfromantik
Really this entire Fall season is insane. Splatoon, Mario + Rabbids, Bayonetta, Pokemon, Metroid Prime (maybe), Harvestella, Alan Wake, No Mans Sky, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Sonic Frontiers, New Tales from the Borderlands, Life is Strange, Temtem, Diofield Chronicles, Wave 3 of Mario Kart DLC, etc. Banger after banger.

Catching up on ONL... yep, that sure was a Geoff show, all right. A few things that I was mildly interested in, but I had a lot more fun just watching the GVG stream of it and listening to Jon constantly wonder when they were going to show actual gameplay
The trauma from the last year and a half must be real because I thought you said OAN and was going to get seriously worried…

Sister in law got me these coupe glasses. Real excited to have some glassware to up the cocktail games. Christened them with an aperol sour.
DC38-B671-8-B26-406-D-AB51-2-DE2-F40-D9856.jpg

F8-B51-E7-A-B812-4826-BA7-F-4-AB9-C83-A5526.jpg

Had a date scheduled for tonight. She never showed up, never texted or called. Feeling real down right now. I did get to see Dragonball Super Super Hero so that was fun at least.
Sorry to hear that. Last match I had just made a joke and ghosted me. Now all I get recently is conservatives and women outside of my country looking for marriage right away. I don't swipe on the conservatives but I can see they swiped on me. Guess they assume a white man would of course be a conservative and not even read the profile.

I bought a copy of Super Metroid since it’s the only game in my top 5 I don’t own physically. I sold my SNES 20 years ago and have no way to play it. Yet it will probably still make me smile.

Sorry to hear that. Last match I had just made a joke and ghosted me. Now all I get recently is conservatives and women outside of my country looking for marriage right away. I don't swipe on the conservatives but I can see they swiped on me. Guess they assume a white man would of course be a conservative and not even read the profile.
Online dating sucks. It's a lot of ghosting or getting 1 word answers to conversations, not wanting to talk at all. I also live in smallish town in the south so I always make sure they don't have any maga or trump 2024 shit in their pictures (which I see way too much of). Tinder is just exhausting. I wish there was a better way, but it's all I got.

Online dating sucks.
Years ago when I was single I realized dating apps/websites are free, and you know what they say about free services: if they’re free, you’re the product. And if you find a match/relationship, you stop using the service, and therefore are no longer a source of potential profit.

Anyway, I’m sorry things didn’t work out. But hey: at least you’re not wasting your time with the kind of person who would ghost someone. IMO, bullet dodged.

I can’t believe we don‘t have multiple colors of pro controllers by now. I just got a new colored Xbox controller and it brings me such joy
I would like this. Very interested in the purple or pink PS5 controller as my main one when they go on sale. Black or white is classic and all, but want something that really pops. Joycon are great for this, so not sure why they didn’t bother with the pro controller.

@Suswave yeah I think the multiple subclasses idea will work best, and I already have made them super generalized. "Magic projectile" as an ability class already basically takes care of a third of the abilities I've come up with, and a buff/debuff class will probably knock out another third.

I know you don't do UE4 but the blueprint graph I had been using for abilities before was a horrible, horrible sight to behold so this will help immensely.

I can’t believe we don‘t have multiple colors of pro controllers by now. I just got a new colored Xbox controller and it brings me such joy
I would like this. Very interested in the purple or pink PS5 controller as my main one when they go on sale. Black or white is classic and all, but want something that really pops. Joycon are great for this, so not sure why they didn’t bother with the pro controller.
Still waiting on a Mario/red Pro Controller, Nintendo. You know you wanna sell it to me.

My OG white PS5 controller started drifting (ironically my joy cons never have) so I bought the reddish-purple one and it's such a cool color. I wish Nintendo would go that route.

My OG white PS5 controller started drifting (ironically my joy cons never have) so I bought the reddish-purple one and it's such a cool color. I wish Nintendo would go that route.
It’s so easy as @VolcanicDynamo says. Mario red, link green, Samus orange, peach pink, DK yellow(?). Having a hard time with blue without going toad. Guess you could have Wario purple and call it good.

It’s so easy as @VolcanicDynamo says. Mario red, link green, Samus orange, peach pink, DK yellow(?). Having a hard time with blue without going toad. Guess you could have Wario purple and call it good.
I can't wait to see if they do a golden set of joycon or pro controller for BOTW2, that's something I would have to get

Had a date scheduled for tonight. She never showed up, never texted or called. Feeling real down right now. I did get to see Dragonball Super Super Hero so that was fun at least.
Sorry :/

I can't even a date these days so I haven't reached those kinds of dating games. It will be fun when I get there..... not!

Online dating sucks. It's a lot of ghosting or getting 1 word answers to conversations, not wanting to talk at all. I also live in smallish town in the south so I always make sure they don't have any maga or trump 2024 shit in their pictures (which I see way too much of). Tinder is just exhausting. I wish there was a better way, but it's all I got.
Oh gosh, this brings me back to the horrors of online dating, which I endured for 7 years from 2014-2021.

The amount of times I was ghosted, catfished, or matched with people claiming to be in my area only to get "oh actually I'm in x country haha" was absolutely soul-crushing. Looking back now, I can scarcely fathom why I stuck with it for as long as I did.

At the end of the day though, I feel like I can't complain too much, as it was ultimately a dating app where I met the woman I feel is the love of my life.
She's kind, funny, clever, hardworking, and above all she is the most accepting and understanding person I have ever met, completely embracing me for who I am in all my weirdness, struggles, and baggage. When my autism kicks in, which my past partners had difficulty dealing with, she just smiles and says she loves seeing me excited and it makes me "sparkle".
Meeting her made 7 years of hell worth it.

I'd say a lot depends on the app you use. Tinder is pretty much entirely a waste of time, OKCupid used to be good but had gone to shit when I left it last year, Plenty of Fish has likewise become awful, Bumble was surprisingly decent but still a lot of work for few results, and Coffee Meet Bagel was the best.

At any rate, if I can find my perfect match out there, with all my challenges and imperfections, then you can too. If you're still searching for your one in seven billion, keep at it; perseverence is key and as cliche as it sounds, with the vast diversity of the human species, there really is someone for everyone.

Take care, and best wishes from someone who has been through the wringer and can tell you firsthand that there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Any such game absolutely needs Gaston as a playable character.
"
Nooooooo onnnnnnnneeeeeee
Kicks like Gaston,
Takes his licks like Gaston,
No one punches your face through the bricks like Gaston
He's especially good at defenestrating
My what a guy that Gaston!
"

... is making an undead magic using lolipop enemy named "Licked Lich" (pronounced like Wicked Witch) too far over the line of weirdness?

Maybe name it Lickéd Lich, I didn't pronounce it correctly at first and thus didn't catch the joke.

It's a good joke though. Makes me chuckle.

Finished up painting a mini, time for some TGAA before bed. I put the pics in creative endeavors since that’s so quiet but I guess I could throw 2 in here:
IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

And that’s 10 X-men United minis painted! Going to have to compare them to my OG marvel united 10 after I top coat them in the next day or so.

Also let’s see if anyone recognizes this character for that matter, she was like a background character in 2 episodes of the 90’s cartoon tho she’s been on a couple teams in the comics

Last edited:
I just remembered that the Cowabunga Collection releases a week from today.

SO PUMPED!!!
This is probably nostalgia talking, but this is my most anticipated game. Turtles in time is a top 10 game from my youth. Probably my favorite beat ‘‘em up of that era.

When I have time to play more games again (and especially when/if I get my Steam Deck) I think I will finally play all the indies that I've either started a decade ago or never played but have on my wishlist. There are so many and many of them aren't that long. Super excited for that

Man, this sucks. It looked really cool, hope the devs can manage to still release it.
Fuck PQube, and I hope that the "well known console platform" will also pursue legal action since the fund was apparently supposed to go to the devs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom