• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew weary of being represented by a block with the letter S in it, so I now have an avatar / frog companion.

Soul Hackers 2’s digital Xbox version includes the Microsoft Store PC version for anyone wondering

So I finally caught up with the reveals from the Gamescom Opening Night Live show and once again Geoff Keighley managed to make me doubt if I'm even interested in video games.

Now excuse me while I continue on with hour 118 of Xenoblade Three

You and me both. I spend time hyping on Fami thinking this stuff is the greatest thing since the wheel, but then I get what feels like this cold shower reminder that "this is what the staggering majority of video games and video game culture looks like".

I don't mean this in a judgemental fashion, I'm just .. realising that whenever I watch ONL/SGF/TGA, it feels to me that games all of a sudden becomes a completely different medium than the medium I spend time playing and enjoying.

And yes, you're excused, and I have to excuse myself likewise as I once again boot up Galaxy 1.

So I finally caught up with the reveals from the Gamescom Opening Night Live show and once again Geoff Keighley managed to make me doubt if I'm even interested in video games.

Now excuse me while I continue on with hour 118 of Xenoblade Three
You and me both. I spend time hyping on Fami thinking this stuff is the greatest thing since the wheel, but then I get what feels like this cold shower reminder that "this is what the staggering majority of video games and video game culture looks like".

I don't mean this in a judgemental fashion, I'm just .. realising that whenever I watch ONL/SGF/TGA, it feels to me that games all of a sudden becomes a completely different medium than the medium I spend time playing and enjoying.

And yes, you're excused, and I have to excuse myself likewise as I once again boot up Galaxy 1.
TGS is just a couple of weeks away, we will be catered to, damn it.

Get your Gordon Ramsey gifs ready everyone
Square when they finally announce they're porting FF 1-6 Pixel Remasters to consoles.

giphy.gif

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am legit super happy for anyone that will benefit from Biden's announcement today regarding student loan forgiveness! Congrats!
You're not supposed to be happy for things that benefit people other than you! That's unAmerican!!!!
/s

That's sweet of you. On the other hand, I absolutely mean it in a judgemental fashion. 🤣

I can't think of a bigger L in my life.
Here's one:
db9404943bfe026431b6d7a70506f2ad1329dc4a_hq.jpg

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am legit super happy for anyone that will benefit from Biden's announcement today regarding student loan forgiveness! Congrats!
2/3 of my debt wiped, and if I can get this full time government job I’ve been after I can pay off the remaining 9K in 4 years or so. Now hopefully it goes to the ones with the worst interest tho. Also the buried lead is the new 5% income plan covering unpaid monthly interest. Sadly don’t know if I qualify and doubt I do :(

Also hit these guys with a top coat this morning, need to pull out my original ten and do a comparison of how far I’ve come
IMG_5638.jpg

This Gamescom is better than whatever the hell we had for June this year.

I'll just call June the "June Month of Gaming" instead of "E3 Month 2022."

The biggest reason for this is that most Nintendo development insights were done in events and due to COVID plus modern Nintendo moving away from such events means we have got a much smaller amount of dev interviews. Ask the developer was a great way to bring Iwata Asks back, same with Nintendo doing a Treehouse of Splatoon 3 outside E3 season I hope this is the start of Nintendo doing more of this type of interviews/events outside E3 season

The biggest reason for this is that most Nintendo development insights were done in events and due to COVID plus modern Nintendo moving away from such events means we have got a much smaller amount of dev interviews. Ask the developer was a great way to bring Iwata Asks back, same with Nintendo doing a Treehouse of Splatoon 3 outside E3 season I hope this is the start of Nintendo doing more of this type of interviews/events outside E3 season
Normally I don‘t like the blame game going on by many in the Nintendo community that since Iwata left that Nintendo has drastically changed for the worse, though I‘ve to admit the personal touch/showing personality and the feeling you get more insight from them was something Iwata handled way better.

But Ask the Developer is a step in the right direction. It would be really cool if they would have it as a Video format. There is so much potential there.

While it is cool whenever we get insights from developers, I don't blame them for not putting out informative stuff on a regular basis because it's a lot of additional work on top of developing the actual games. Some devs are fine with that and some are might even enjoy making these type of videos but it's not for everyone. You spend your days making a game, maybe even appear in videos to advertise the game, and then on top of that, make a Youtube video or a podcast to talk about what you do at work. That's a lot.

Figuring you guys would get a kick out of this, knocked out Feral last night, so I top coated my 10 X-men United minis so far this morning. So here’s my year one(right side, retail marvel united) of painting, versus my year two

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

Can tell definitely tell the difference between my beginning and end of year one minis tho XD. Been having fun and making progress tho

My dream video game documentary is a deep dive into the Smash series:

-what is the process for picking out a character, how each one was decided on
-what got cut from each game that almost made it in
-what were the top 10-20 ballot results
-how many companies have they talked to for characters that it didn't work out for
-how has the ethos of development changed as the series got bigger and bigger

And so on. For a litany of legal and practical reasons it will never, ever happen. But this would be my Beatles Get Back docuseries.

Chapter 4 of Xenoblade 2 was kinda weird but its ending was wild. Pacing of this game is all over the place haha.

Anyone know of any way to extend a NSO Game Trial, eg opening it in offline mode before it expires?

Totally forgot to give Pokken a Whirl and would love to do so after work tomorrow, but it expires today

Oh yeah, way easier to make new abilities now.

I'm gonna enjoy making some wild shit like turning enemies into pumpkins or boosting the player's jump height by 2000%.

I'm even planning to do an ability that will completely and utterly break the game, phase through any solid wall.

Edit: oh shit! Even better idea! If you cast phase door you spawn an extremely powerful dimensional beast who will randomly appear and disappear the rest of the time you spend in that level (or the rest of the game, if I'm feeling particularly devious)

Last edited:
I've been changing my avatar a lot, but I have stuck with this one for a bit now. I probably would have changed it on a whim twice over already if I hadn't a Halloween version of it ready for months.

I've been changing my avatar a lot, but I have stuck with this one for a bit now. I probably would have changed it on a whim twice over already if I hadn't a Halloween version of it ready for months.
18 is underrated.

I wonder when that 17 avatar guy (forgot their username) from ResetEra is getting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom