• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing people playing Somnium Files and having to wait next month for it to release in Europe sucks.

Apparently they are (somehow????) not going to spoil anything that happens in the first game in this one, or at least main plot stuff. Nirvana Initiative has a little 'test quiz' where you answer questions about the first game, and if you get them right you can choose to let the game spoil the first one for you, but if not then it won't.

I have no idea how well that will work, and I also doubt that all that many people will pick this game that haven't played the first one, but it's still a cool idea and feature.
It’s super cool actually. I failed the quiz and thought spoiler dialogue would still activate, but it doesn’t. You’ll ask certain characters generic questions and only expect different answers if you’ve played the first game because the answers they give are still appropriate. I retook the quiz (easy to do) and reloaded two of those I knew 100% had to be off (also easy to do) and had completely different dialogue.

Basically the game only acts as a sequel if you pass the quiz. You’ll get a slightly different, 100% still functioning story if you don’t. Like you won’t even know what you are missing out on to protect the biggest twists.

So yeah anyone interested in Ai 2 not sure if they need to play the first game, you don’t. You should anyway since it is cool, but you are super covered.

It is beautiful weather today, so I will have a lazy Sunday afternoon and sink some more time into Three Hopes.

Will we have a Royal/Apocalypse version for SMTV in the near future? I'm sure they want to reuse all the assets they've created but I don't know if Atlus has the ressources to work on a "sequel" nowadays when it's not called Persona.
Maybe they'd prefer the Etrian Odyssey director and the staff to work on something new ( psssssttt! Etrian Odyssey Switch )

Will we have a Royal/Apocalypse version for SMTV in the near future? I'm sure they want to reuse all the assets they've created but I don't know if Atlus has the ressources to work on a "sequel" nowadays when it's not called Persona.
Maybe they'd prefer the Etrian Odyssey director and the staff to work on something new ( psssssttt! Etrian Odyssey Switch )
Yeah, for PS/XBOX/PC

Is that sarcasm or...?

Genuine question.

I suck when it comes to reading tone online.
It's not sarcasm, there is a new rumor that the next Direct is going to be a partner direct (like the ones in 2020) and everyone's going mad about it, after waiting so long for a "normal" direct.

The EO people said that we should get info this year on the title(in a famitsu interview). That probably means saying: "Hey we are working on the next EO game". Since that team helped with Smtv, we might see something next year

1 Dollar?

giphy.gif
I think I’ve seen videos from that channel before and what they did was say oh so if you buy a 12 eggs for 4 bucks and you only use one in the recipe then there’s .33 cents, buy a 6 pack of avocados for $6 and use 1/10th of one and that’s .10 or whatever…and I’m like dude.. that isn’t how buying groceries works. I can’t go to the store and buy .15 cents worth of rice
Yes, this is what Josh Weissman does with his "But Cheaper" series. However, I was referring more to the "Categories" YouTube labels and how they often.. uh.. miss the mark.

Like how the first video in the "Vegetables" category shows a dish with rice, eggs, and meat. 😅

I guarantee you that the stuff I post here was not made for a dollar, lol. If you part out by serving size, a lot of stuff would be like that. Problem is some spices or specialty ingredients can get expensive. I guess the one good thing about those type of videos is it teaches people to look at unit pricing rather than just straight product cost. Of course, you usually need to have multiple people in a household for most of these things to not become expensive due to waste.

I asked this in a different thread but I didn't get a response - is there a dedicated LGBT thread on here?
kind of the whole site

but no, I don’t think there’s a specific thread, we’re just central voices in all the other threads

also queer rosalina profile pic fist bump

I asked this in a different thread but I didn't get a response - is there a dedicated LGBT thread on here?
I feel this is a LGBTQIAPK+ forum. But how about starting a thread yourself? I can help if you want :)

You know what would be a pretty cool idea for a game that I can see Nintendo trying out one day?

LEGO Mario

It would probably be best to make it more whimsical like the Lego Star Wars games.

as long as a specific thread doesn’t discourage anyone from gaying up the place everywhere else… follow ur dreams

as long as a specific thread doesn’t discourage anyone from gaying up the place everywhere else… follow ur dreams
Tried the konami code on the front page. No glitters, no rainbow, left disappointed :(

Just played some Super Mario World, used NSO to let @bellydrum watch

Tbh letting someone watch you play? Should be a bigger selling point of NSO. Having an audience rules. He could clap when I did cool stuff or embarrassed myself.

I think more people should just invite others to watch and play together lol. You can even "pass" the controller back and forth. It's cool as hell and honestly a childhood dream made reality

I think more people should just invite others to watch and play together lol. You can even "pass" the controller back and forth. It's cool as hell and honestly a childhood dream made reality
It really, oddly perfectly, captures the “sitting on the couch with a friend as one of you plays” atmosphere. Shockingly fun.

I'd be super down for an Apocalypse style sequel to SMTV. SMTV was a game that I felt really nailed the mechanics of combat, the monster designs, and so many other things, but a sequel that focused a bit more on plot and character could really improve on it.

Then again I'd love having Etrian Odyssey on Switch, too, so I think I'll take anything.

Just played some Super Mario World, used NSO to let @bellydrum watch

Tbh letting someone watch you play? Should be a bigger selling point of NSO. Having an audience rules. He could clap when I did cool stuff or embarrassed myself.
Wait, people can watch on NSO? I know you can play 2 player games together, but watch? Do you get that option on NSO or something?

kind of the whole site

but no, I don’t think there’s a specific thread, we’re just central voices in all the other threads

also queer rosalina profile pic fist bump

Best girl etc.

I feel this is a LGBTQIAPK+ forum. But how about starting a thread yourself? I can help if you want :)

I don't disagree! I was just asking around. I don't have access to a laptop/PC so making a worthwhile thread would be difficult for me.

Wait, people can watch on NSO? I know you can play 2 player games together, but watch? Do you get that option on NSO or something?
Yeah! If you play online, you can just play literally any game and the other “player” can watch while pointing around the screen. They can even applaud which is hilarious

Yeah! If you play online, you can just play literally any game and the other “player” can watch while pointing around the screen. They can even applaud which is hilarious
WOW!!!! Why didn't I know this! Seriously, this is a huge thing! A friend of mine has a daughter who plays Mario regularly and whenever I visit she wants to show me all sorts of things, from strategies to secrets (which is cure AF! :) ), but this makes it possible to do it whenever!

You know what would be a pretty cool idea for a game that I can see Nintendo trying out one day?

LEGO Mario

It would probably be best to make it more whimsical like the Lego Star Wars games.
Replying to myself, if they ever did LEGO Zelda, a LEGO Zelda game would be pretty neat too.

Why
On earth
Is YouTube suddenly recommending a whole bunch of fucking Pawn Stars clips to me

FWJAQQmWIAMvGuo

As FamiBoard's resident #1 Super Mario Fan, I am up to this challenge. Give me your Super Mario opinion questions, and then let's discuss and compare our perspectives.

(Not sure if this is worthy of its own thread, but wanted to have some fun, so general it is. Mods, please delete if this isn't appropriate.)

FWJAQQmWIAMvGuo

As FamiBoard's resident #1 Super Mario Fan, I am up to this challenge. Give me your Super Mario opinion questions, and then let's discuss and compare our perspectives.

(Not sure if this is worthy of its own thread, but wanted to have some fun, so general it is. Mods, please delete if this isn't appropriate.)
Why is Super Mario 3D World the best 3D Mario game?

Why is Super Mario 3D World the best 3D Mario game?
Great level design, well paced with its world and level structure, suitable for both single and multiplayer, approachable difficulty with lots of challenge for more skilled players, multiple different characters and a bunch of interesting power ups giving you loads of options to play through stages, fantastic presentation, especially the jazzy soundtrack. It's the total package. Switch version makes it better with the faster speeds and easier to pull off extra techniques, taking a game with good movement and making it a game with great movement. Killer game, Switch version is absolutely in the debate for top Mario games, 2D or 3D.

FWJAQQmWIAMvGuo

Why is Super Mario Sunshine the worst 3D Mario?

FWJAQQmWIAMvGuo

Why is super Mario 64 the best classic Mario?

FWJAQQmWIAMvGuo

Why is Super Mario Sunshine the best 3D Mario?

It isn't.

It's better than Super Mario 64.

I can barely even play Super Mario 64 anymore. Hell, it makes me queasy, no joke.
Respectable take, but I find Mario 64's movement and level design significantly better. Fludd has its moments for sure (and I still like Sunshine) but aside from the hotel level and theme park, I don't remember many. And I grew up with both the N64 and Gamecube.

Fair point though if you're talking about camera controls and such on 64. And Delfino Isle is a banger hub world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom