• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a lot of really small details hidden in the pic:
-The inkling with the Splattershot has coloured pants
-The H3 nozzlenose has a new design
-The Inkling with the Aerospray has new eye colours, which look wild
-The green inkling has new eyebrows

Also top left giving a thumbs up lol

I’m selling my copy of Shining Pearl and checked eBay sold listings to get a guide price. Wow, I’ve never seen a recent Nintendo release selling so low a few months after launch, around Β£24. It was a disappointing game for me and I guess I’m not alone.

Brace yourself because the first half of route B is sooooooo boring, definitely the worst part of the game.

Totally agree.

Route C though …. Hoooo boy. One of my favorite experiences in gaming, ever.

Big news to wake up to. Can't say I care about the Western side of Square but it's actually ridiculous how cheap embracer got it and how Square will invest that money into Blockchain and NFTs lol...

On a separate note and more positive note, Eid Mubarak to my fellow posters on Fami, hope you guys enjoy the celebrations and eats lots of tasty food!

Considering Square Enix wanted to sell them for a long time, I don't think Embracer is the worst we could have gotten. Square Enix clearly didn't know what to do with these talented IPs and people. If Embracer can guarantee the studios' artistic freedom and a healthy workplace, i'm okay with that. Especially if it means Deus Ex on Switch.

On another note, Eid Mubarak to all those who celebrate!

Square with the blockchain nonsense in their press release…
It’s just the current buzzword to keep investors hooked. Nothing to see here.

I'm surprised Embracer got it and not Microsoft.
MS probably saving for Ubi, but Eidos would’ve been a better fit for them than Nintendo.

They are releasing thst overpriced taito classics collection. Perfect group to blame. Maybe they can offload them for pennies on the dollar to Nintendo or some studio that might give us a new rainbow islands/parasol stars.
Sega would go best with Taito given their arcade focus

Im not sure how I feel about this Eidos purchase, but as someone that has not played a game from them since Tomb Raider 2 (I think) it seems that Squenix was fumbling a bit with these studios and IPs, hope this change of hands can be for the best.
Also I wonder if Embracer would be more willing to bring these games to Nintendo consoles so that I can complain about them too.

only $300M... (and to invest in.... BLOCKCHAIN)
I mean, Tomb Raider IP alone should be sold at this price WAT THE HECK SE?

Brace yourself because the first half of route B is sooooooo boring, definitely the worst part of the game.

Route B is what stops me from replaying Automata. You just repeat most of what you just played through but worse because I hate 9Ss main gameplay mechanic.

I bet Square is Blaming the low sell price of 300 million on Crystal Dynamics
Probably. This sounds like there wasn't a bidding war. Meanwhile it sounds like Ubisoft has multiple suitors who are interested.

There's absolutely a story here and it's probably not going to paint Eidos in a good light.

Blockchain over Tokyo RPG Studio 🀣:😭

EDIT: Also Tokyo RPG Studio outlasting Eidos. Dayuuuum.

Last edited:
Noooooo Sus I'm sorry if that came across as trashing your response, I was trying to be cheeky and relate what you were saying about darkbased shit to actual shit I've had to sit through and thus trash that shit.

Sometimes I try to be sassy and it probably comes across as shitty, sorry. Don't retreat to your hole. Unless there's, like, pizza or something there in which case by all means
oh I know I’m playing into it

I am so wounded by occupying the same sentence as Star Wars incels that I’m retiring from public life, being known, and basedhood

for like a couple hours which now appear to be over

Last edited:
Because they are in the middle of what is going to be a heavily scrutinized $70 billion purchase of Acti-Blizz. They won't buy shit until the deal is done.
I don’t think MS needs them that badly. They already have Arkane so that makes Thief/DX redundant as Arkane are basically the current heirs to the Immersive Sim throne. TR is probably the more glaring gap but they could probably get something like that with any of the studios they have if they really want it.

I mean, Tomb Raider IP alone should be sold at this price WAT THE HECK SE?
No need to be surprised, they have let IO go for FREE along with Hitman franchise.

I expect WB studios to go pretty cheap also. Embracer should get few of them.
EDIT: Also Tokyo RPG Studio outlasting Eidos. Dayuuuum.
Are they, though? It's been a while since we last heard from them. I doubt we ever will after that Oninaki failure.

Are they, though? It's been a while since we last heard from them. I doubt we ever will after that Oninaki failure.

It's a shame really, I thought Oninaki was quite good! I think we heard they were doing pre-production on a new title post Oninaki launch but that was a few years out.. who knows what has happened since. Could very well be buried, but I hope not :S

Oninaki was in August 2019. There hasn't been a studio closure announcement and 3 years since their last title is totally reasonable considering there's been a global pandemic raging and their games are on a 2-3 year development cycle anyways. If we don't hear anything about them by TGS or BitSummit I think then we can start asking if they're still alive.

I really like mayonnaise but I also eat literal garbage
I may think it’s both cursed and haunted, but I support your enjoyment of mayonnaise with my entirety

look I love a fuckin’ deviled egg and also I do have semi-fond not-entirely-hot-memory-stove recollections of eating toasted chicken + tomato sandwiches with mayo involved

Oninaki was in August 2019. There hasn't been a studio closure announcement and 3 years since their last title is totally reasonable considering there's been a global pandemic raging and their games are on a 2-3 year development cycle anyways. If we don't hear anything about them by TGS or BitSummit I think then we can start asking if they're still alive.
They're the ones behind Final Fantasy 9 Remake ..... 😈

while we’re at it ketchup is a sin against god

and sometimes I fuckin’ love it but ubiquitous ketchup is both bad and a crutch

what other condiment wars can I instigate

Canadian β€œchip truck” fries that have the funky vinegar are the superior fry experience, especially if said β€œchip truck” is literally under a bridge

and it doesn’t matter where you are, the seagulls will appear as is their holy charge

you could be in the middle of some haunted burg off Lake of the Woods in a shard-laden parking lot, or pinned up against Lord Huron’s gaping maw where two realities split apart…

they will find you

because they know

Its use cases might be rather limited, but Bavarian mustard is superior, don't @ me.
I find it extremely easy to believe that Bavarian mustard is superior

to Bavarian architecture

because that shit blows

I’m so sorry I don’t know why I’m picking so many arbitrary fights in jest this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom