• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey have yall ever done that thing in a game where you have an idea for a particular accessory that you'd really like to have on your character and you eventually finally decide to google it and see if there's a way to get it and it turns out there totally is but it's received through a sidequest that you're now locked out of because most of the sidequests go away after the boss you just beat?

....cuz I just did that thing

Hey have yall ever done that thing in a game where you have an idea for a particular accessory that you'd really like to have on your character and you eventually finally decide to google it and see if there's a way to get it and it turns out there totally is but it's received through a sidequest that you're now locked out of because most of the sidequests go away after the boss you just beat?

....cuz I just did that thing

I restarted Chrono Cross after 4 hours because I looked at a guide and found out I didn't make the right choice to get a specific character. Thankfully with knowing what to do and the fast forward function, I was able to get back to where I was in just 1 hour.

Final plug for a while here, but just wanted to share that prizes have officially been announced for the Kirby Game Event! :)

Prizes-Revealed.png

Last edited:
Wow I haven’t been at a computer or looked at my phone much at all today

New thread!!! Yay!!! Love it
Oh wow I totally missed that with my previous post lol

Hello new thread, lovely OT and can’t wait to read in more on the thread game tomorrow!

I restarted Chrono Cross after 4 hours because I looked at a guide and found out I didn't make the right choice to get a specific character. Thankfully with knowing what to do and the fast forward function, I was able to get back to where I was in just 1 hour.
Leena?

Soooooooo to be based I need to sound like a Star Wars fan talking about female leads? 🤔🤔🤔

If the sound of me gagging is music to your ears, then yes.

Yall these replies might be the worst post I've ever written 🤣😂🤣😂
look

I regret everything and I’m going back to my hole

Well, that's the first set of credits rolling on Nier Automata.

I have 32 hours logged so far.

hoo boy
You haven’t seen anything yet!

After a few months of no use besides my streaming machine I started Ghost of Tsushima. That game is massive

look

I regret everything and I’m going back to my hole
Noooooo Sus I'm sorry if that came across as trashing your response, I was trying to be cheeky and relate what you were saying about darkbased shit to actual shit I've had to sit through and thus trash that shit.

Sometimes I try to be sassy and it probably comes across as shitty, sorry. Don't retreat to your hole. Unless there's, like, pizza or something there in which case by all means

Waiting for Nintendo to drop their “E3” plans lol

They got so many cool games to show and we all know there’s gonna be like 2-4 games we have no idea that exist lol

Hopefully one of them is a Animal Crossing spin-off that’s a RPG. So much potential in that engine and AC in general

Holy shit.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Just stop. Stop! Please! Embracer is a fucking all-consuming black hole. This was ridiculous, like, a dozen acquisitions ago! Is this fucking industry ever gonna sit down and say "Enough is enough"? Of course not. Because consolidation means growth for a select few, even if it makes the industry worse for it.

Fuck!!!

I’m ambivalent to this as Embracer may actually try to churn out the back catalog and make new games without having insane expectations. Probably helps put SE in a better long term position. But haven’t been too impresssed with THQ Nordic and whatever else Embracer has been putting out.

Edit: should say I don’t know much about embracer’s culture beside the one THQ Nordic issue (not sure what level of association they had) so my opinion could certainly change.

Last edited:
So I keep seeing reference to the "catalogue of IPs" Embracer bought from Squeenix but has the actual list been made public yet?

I'm asking because I need to Ctrl+F it for Nier

So I keep seeing reference to the "catalogue of IPs" Embracer bought from Squeenix but has the actual list been made public yet?

I'm asking because I need to Ctrl+F it for Nier

You don't need to worry about that. It's most likely just the Eidos related stuff. On top of the stuff that's bee mentioned it's going to be stuff like Fear Effect, Dungeon Siege etc.

Who will Square Enix blame now when their next quarter is bad because of their Japanese branch
They are releasing thst overpriced taito classics collection. Perfect group to blame. Maybe they can offload them for pennies on the dollar to Nintendo or some studio that might give us a new rainbow islands/parasol stars.

If a new deus ex comes from all this i will change my pfp to red. Man im so glad those studios left square. Again, i dont know how embracer acts but NOTHING can be as bad as square. Nothing.

Square with the blockchain nonsense in their press release…

Square Enix really is the most ill-managed of all the big publishers. Also, does someone knows the reputation of Embracer in terms of releases and treatment of employees ?

This Eidos deal is the first one in a while that make me think Nintendo should have nabbed them. Several IP that don't fit the Nintendo mold, three large studios in cities that Nintendo has no presence in... but there's also other factors that speak against it and I think it's unlikely that these employees would have stayed with them. edit: at least a large portion at CD and Eidos Montreal.

This Eidos deal is the first one in a while that make me think Nintendo should have nabbed them. Several IP that don't fit the Nintendo mold, three large studios in cities that Nintendo has no presence in... but there's also other factors that speak against it and I think it's unlikely that these employees would have stayed with them.
Oh i wish. Everything was sold for so cheap nintendo wouldnt even budge. But yeah

This Eidos deal is the first one in a while that make me think Nintendo should have nabbed them. Several IP that don't fit the Nintendo mold, three large studios in cities that Nintendo has no presence in... but there's also other factors that speak against it and I think it's unlikely that these employees would have stayed with them.
The only major company i could see Nintendo getting their hands on if they were up for acquisition would be capcom, even then it would mostly because they would want monster hunter

That Square Enix news is incredibly disappointing. Selling their studios and IP for an insultingly low price is already bad, but then to say so they can invest in block chain is just UGH!

Last edited:
On the one hand: a new Deus Ex? Fuck yes, please.
On the other: Embracer owning more and more studios - eh.
This is absolutely good news for Switch though. Square has always been reluctant to bring their Eidos library to Switch. Now they're owned by literally the biggest supporter of Switch. Embracer published over 50 games across different labels: THQ, Koch, Saber, Aspyr...

If I were Square, I'd invest that $300m into developing FF X-3 so they can finally bring to life the moment where Tidus kicks a bomb and blows his head off.

This is absolutely good news for Switch though. Square has always been reluctant to bring their Eidos library to Switch. Now they're owned by literally the biggest supporter of Switch. Embracer published over 50 games across different labels: THQ, Koch, Saber, Aspyr...
Purely personally speaking here, but most of Embracer's output doesn't interest me one bit. The same is true for most of Square Enix West's/Eidos' portfolio of titles. Whether they're supporting the Switch or not -- I don't really give a damn tbf. I'm really only and specifically looking forward to what will become of the Deus Ex IP/franchise.

I'm happy for you and others if the acquisition bodes well for Switch support at large, though, but otherwise I really couldn't care less what happens to either Eidos et al. or Embracer in terms of software output and such.

Here's hoping employees will get to keep their jobs at least.

While I agree this is mostly good news for the Switch, in the long term it makes Square Enix Japan more prone to a buyout by Sony, and that would be a monumental blow to Nintendo.

While I agree this is mostly good news for the Switch, in the long term it makes Square Enix Japan more prone to a buyout by Sony, and that would be a monumental blow to Nintendo.
That literally impossible for two reasons:
  • Square is not a sole video game company, has other ventures like toy manufacturing, music label and manga publishing. None of that would be an interest to Sony and that would mean mass layoffs.
  • Second, it's unlikely for Sony to acquire publisher as they don't need a whole management team. They'd rather go for individual studios to save money.

That literally impossible for two reasons:
  • Square is not a sole video game company, has other ventures like toy manufacturing, music label and manga publishing. None of that would be an interest to Sony and that would mean mass layoffs.
  • Second, it's unlikely for Sony to acquire publisher as they don't need a whole management team. They'd rather go for individual studios to save money.
Thanks for enlightening me and appeasing my fears 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom