• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoah, what's that next to the notification icon
secret070908.png

You divisions don't make much sense. If anything, the Northeast and West will form one country while the South, most of the Midwest, and Texas would form their own.
We on the west coast will steal BC and form our own country Hawaii.

What's a good Switch controller that's wireless, with a good d-pad, and - here's the catch - wakes the Switch up from sleep?

I have an 8BitDo SN30 Pro Plus +, it's great. Like a SNES controller with handles. However, it can't wake the Switch up from sleep and I'm just so lazy at this point that I don't want to bother with the pairing process. End up using it as a PC controller most of the time since the pairing is instant.

I have a Pro Controller, but the d-pad is awful, too stiff.

I don’t have an answer, but your question would fit better here: Controller Thread

That‘s said, how old is your pro controller? My launch Pro was a desaster but the latest ones I bought last year all have a fine dpad.

The regular SN30 Pro would be my favorite controller if it would wake up the Switch.

No lie I was going to, but chose to get a calzone instead. That just fully distracted me.
parks-and-rec-cones-of-dunshire.gif

The image isn't loading for me, but this had better be

"It's a secret to everybody."
evidently it's a secret only to you

My question is: when is the "Install the app" button in the left pane menu gonna do something?

Wasn't there supposed to be a very important acquisition last night? what happened to that?
That was never supposed to happen and nobody said it was going to happen. What happened is that Grubb (an insider) said that the rumor of a big acquisition from Sony he had in late march (and a lot of other insiders did) was Sony buying Square. Of course that's a rumor at best and when it comes to acquisitions of public owned companies the rumors means none and in any case if something is rumored to happen it almost always doesn't happen due to the legal consequences of this type of leaks so most rumors are really bullshit . (we also don't even know if he was just trolling due to some critiques he had over him speculating that SE selling western branch was them getting prepared to be acquired)

Wasn't there supposed to be a very important acquisition last night? what happened to that?
Sources in the industry are suggesting the different parties could not come to an agreement regarding both toppings and price together -- something about a caloric debt might have been involved -- and acquisition talks fell apart.

Sources in the industry are suggesting the different parties could not come to an agreement regarding both toppings and price together -- something about a caloric debt might have been involved -- and acquisition talks fell apart.
This is why I never trust insiders /s

Nintendo presence in LATAM is awful especially in Brazil. I hope they improve it , there is a huge Nintendo community in these places but due how hard and expensive it's to buy the consoles/games even more than in Europe/USA most either don't buy them or resort to piracy. That's also why funny enough this has created a really strong fan-game community in these regions especially in Pokemon case , I remember playing as a kid a ton of Mexican/Argentinian Pokemon fan-games and becoming friends with a lot of LATAM fan-game players which I'm still friends to this day.

For real? I know consoles are extremely expensive there, but there is also little to no retail presence of games? Why is that? There are no distributors for that region somehow? I probably sound quite uneducated, but I really don't have a clue.

Nintendo has tried to sell their products here a lot of times but it's hard for them. Taxes are too high and they don't have the logistics in place like Sony and MS already do (since they sell a lot more than videogames), they even make the games here instead of importing (MS was manufacturing consoles at a point too, but not anymore).

Whenever Nintendo has a hit console they will try to partner up with distributors to expand their reach here, but then the next console fails and they're forced to retreat again. This cycle has happened a few times now and we're still recovering from the Wii U. They started an eShop here a couple years ago and later began selling consoles and controllers (we still don't have the OLED though), but no games. An imported physical game costs about 1/3 of the minimum wage, so it's really bad. Good thing is you can sell games for basically same price as you bought them whenever, so you could essentially play for free if you dont want to collect. It shows how fucked up the market here is.

If anyone is big enough and have the logistics to distribute Nintendo games here it's Amazon, though, so I'm hoping this will be only the beginning of a lasting partnership.

When's the Famiboards Battle Pass launching? If I do 1,000 shitposts, I better earn enough Famigold to purchase next season's pass.

Your divisions don't make much sense. If anything, the Northeast and West will form one country while the South, most of the Midwest, and Texas would form their own.

So does that mean Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan become its own country called New Scandanavia?!?!

Lol I thought you were messing with me and I was about to go on a witch hunt for something that doesn't exist

But yeah, no idea. Lol. Probably an Android thing.
A tale as old as time; Android comes with the new feature first, and it's not popular until iPhone copies it four years later 😋

That Skyline wordmark is rad
Right?! Like I'm this 👌 close to posting the album art in the Pics That Go Hard thread lmfao

I also have the option to install a Famiboards app, but it's in the URL field of my browser window.

Reggie knew it all. Can’t wait to see what he recommended Iwata regarding the Wii U 🤪😂
It certainly reads like hagiography the more I see portions of it. Indeed, let's see how silly it gets.

I told Iwata-san, "You have to understand. Americans will buy games at an incredible attach rate if we sell the WiiU at the same base price that we sold the Wii at. Maybe we should give a couple thousand away for free, too, just to engender good will among our loyal American fanbase."

Iwata responded with, "Let me ask Japan."

Two weeks later, Iwata told me "I told leadership in Japan, and they said Americans are idiots and will shovel down what we give them. Then we agreed to launch at 299/349 there instead of 249/299 just to stick it to them."

I took the response with grace and set out to do the best job that I could saving this ultra-bomba in the American market.

It certainly reads like hagiography the more I see portions of it. Indeed, let's see how silly it gets.

I told Iwata-san, "You have to understand. Americans will buy games at an incredible attach rate if we sell the WiiU at the same base price that we sold the Wii at. Maybe we should give a couple thousand away for free, too, just to engender good will among our loyal American fanbase."

Iwata responded with, "Let me ask Japan."

Two weeks later, Iwata told me "I told leadership in Japan, and they said Americans are idiots and will shovel down what we give them. Then we agreed to launch at 299/349 there instead of 249/299 just to stick it to them."

I took the response with grace and set out to do the best job that I could saving this ultra-bomba in the American market.
Lol. This is true. Not that anyone wants to write they were wrong, but the tidbits getting published are all about how dumb NCL decisions were and how Reggie either had to work through the bad or how his idea was correct. I’m sure there is a lot more, but it is sort of funny what’s getting put out there.

NCL operates like the whole world works like the Japan market, this has both good or bad consequences but it is the reason for a lot of Nintendo failures (and also hits).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom