• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2 of my Civ IV campaign (Alexander the Great/Greece). My original plan was to (mostly) avoid bloodshed and limit myself to the big island I started on, then try to achieve victory through anything but Conquest. However, Mansa Musa and Kublai Khan (two medium sized civilizations) decided it'd be fun to encroach on my territory from the north and east, which wasn't wise because I was desperately trying to keep my #1 super power title (Catherine of Russia was getting too close for comfort), so understandably I had no choice but to go Targaryen on their asses. While this was happening, Montezuma decided it was the perfect time to declare war on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever (well, I did keep denying him steel, but I couldn’t spare a square)

anyway the tl;dr is I won all these conflicts eventually and annexed their kingdoms, but I was left so financially destroyed I felt like a Gran Turismo 7 player.

Day 2 of my Civ IV campaign (Alexander the Great/Greece). My original plan was to (mostly) avoid bloodshed and limit myself to the big island I started on, then try to achieve victory through anything but Conquest. However, Mansa Musa and Kublai Khan (two medium sized civilizations) decided it'd be fun to encroach on my territory from the north and east, which wasn't wise because I was desperately trying to keep my #1 super power title (Catherine of Russia was getting too close for comfort), so understandably I had no choice but to go Targaryen on their asses. While this was happening, Montezuma decided it was the perfect time to declare war on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever (well, I did keep denying him steel, but I couldn’t spare a square)

anyway the tl;dr is I won all these conflicts eventually and annexed their kingdoms, but I was left so financially destroyed I felt like a Gran Turismo 7 player.

I just won a scientific game as the Mayans this afternoon

I just won a scientific game as the Mayans this afternoon
yeah_science_breaking_bad.gif

Damn it would be really fucking nice if the conservatives would shut up and stop trying to turn everything into a culture war for once. Apparently they think the Left hates Top Gun? And Top Gun Maverick is a story about "how great America is and about when men were men?" Like ?????????? The movie barely mentions the US and the enemy isn't even named. You could make Maverick a girl and Top Gun some random fictional country and absolutely nothing would change. This shit is ridiculous.

New Top Gun is really more of a "Tom Cruise, fuck yeah" than "Muricah, fuck yeah" kinda movie but even in a flag-loving country like Switzerland some of the shots with the stars and stripes got a few chuckles out of people.

My grandma passed away today and I can't stop listening to BOTW music, you can say whatever you want about this game but some songs are really pleasure to listen to.

So sorry to hear that, and yes, BotW's music is lovely. Hope it's a comfort.

Hi so I'm a fan of Lego games and Jurassic Park, what are the chances of getting a Lego Jurassic World rerelease/DLC with content from Fallen Kingdom and Dominion?

Hi so I'm a fan of Lego games and Jurassic Park, what are the chances of getting a Lego Jurassic World rerelease/DLC with content from Fallen Kingdom and Dominion?
No clue, but I would love to see LEGO take on the auction scene.

My one year-old boy caught covid from my wife and I 😰

The doctor said most kids do pretty ok with it and to just keep him hydrated. I’m not really worried about him getting really sick with it or anything. But the doctor also said he needs to quarantine for ten days because he can’t wear a mask around people. So that means I’m taking more time off work. This will be my second week in a row staying home. Luckily my boss is my father..

My one year-old boy caught covid from my wife and I 😰

The doctor said most kids do pretty ok with it and to just keep him hydrated. I’m not really worried about him getting really sick with it or anything. But the doctor also said he needs to quarantine for ten days because he can’t wear a mask around people. So that means I’m taking more time off work. This will be my second week in a row staying home. Luckily my boss is my father..
That is no fun. My daughter recovered from her symptoms (which was basically just a high temperature) in half a day. The worst part was the 7 day waiting period for the second test and then trying to even find one at that time. Glad you have a pretty good situation it seems for sick leave/child care. Hoping the recovery is smooth.

My grandma passed away today and I can't stop listening to BOTW music, you can say whatever you want about this game but some songs are really pleasure to listen to.

So sorry to hear this. I hope the soothing sounds of BOTW's score are comforting.

Pokemon usually goes a week before the big Summer Direct, perhaybe next week is the week???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom