• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
An artist at retro gave an interview to kiwitalkz and he mentioned zelda

"That was the funny thing about when I joined Retro and everyone was looking at my portfolio and like "oh my god, he's worked on Uncharted, that must mean Retro is working on a Zelda game" and I'm like, no I'm just a versatile artist. I could do realistic stuff, I could do cartoony stuff. I'm adaptable and I think to have longevity in this industry you need to be adaptable."

"I think that happened when we announced Tropical Freeze, you know, everyone was like "oh they've been working on a Zelda game, they're working on a Zelda game" it's like... nope. And we announced Tropical Freeze and it looks phenomenal and it's gorgeous looking and then people are like "oh but it's another Donkey Kong" and then, you know, people are s***ing on it on NeoGAF or whatever, and you're like "oh man."

Got it from nintendoeveryhing

"That was the funny thing about when I joined Retro and everyone was looking at my portfolio and like "oh my god, he's worked on Uncharted, that must mean Retro is working on a Zelda game" and I'm like, no I'm just a versatile artist. I could do realistic stuff, I could do cartoony stuff. I'm adaptable and I think to have longevity in this industry you need to be adaptable."

"I think that happened when we announced Tropical Freeze, you know, everyone was like "oh they've been working on a Zelda game, they're working on a Zelda game" it's like... nope. And we announced Tropical Freeze and it looks phenomenal and it's gorgeous looking and then people are like "oh but it's another Donkey Kong" and then, you know, people are s***ing on it on NeoGAF or whatever, and you're like "oh man."
I think the more salient point here is that the internet is, was and will be a cess pit and that must be demoralising for hardworking people.
i haven’t followed nintendo speculation in a few months, what are the latest rumors on upcoming unannounced games? if there are any
Depends, but many of the 'latest' rumours are actually quite old. You can broadly break it down into:

[Rumours from oft-reliable sources]
  • 1-2 Switch sequel planned for 2022; internal reception for this title (within Nintendo, possibly Nintendo of America?) was not good
  • Metroid Prime remaster wrapped up development at Retro Studios around last August/September and will launch in late 2022; the game was developed at Retro Studios with assistance from another developer.
  • Multiple Fire Emblem projects are in the works alongside FEW Three Hopes: a remake of an older FE is in development at Intelligent Systems (I'm not sure if it was confirmed which FE is getting remade?) and a new mainline title is also in the works at Intelligent Systems with co-development from Koei-Tecmo, this time from Gust; one of these titles might actually launch late in 2022
[Rumours from uncertain sources]
- A Donkey Kong game is in the works at EPD Tokyo. A new team has been formed to make this game.

[Not rumours, but job listings in the last couple of years point to the following]
  • EPD 8 (Tokyo, 3D Mario's home) are working on a 3D game and a 2D game
  • EPD 10 (Kyoto, Super Mario Maker, 2D Mario, Pikmin) are working on a 2D game
  • Grezzo are working on a stylish medieval fantasy game
  • Syn Sophia are working on some sort of fashion game

Got it from nintendoeveryhing
DK is as cool and important as Zelda, and it's a shame people failed to see that.

In anyway, i think retro would bring something very different and nice from the other games. In which way? No idea : ). We dont know how a modern game from them is like.

Miyamoto did say way back in 2012 that retro was an optionvfor a zelda game, so the dream is still going amirite

Had fried chicken cravings all weekend but need to stick to being healthy so I'm gonna make myself some home-made baked chicken nuggets for dinner this evening.

And I might even be real fancy and have WINE with them.

what's the best Mario and Luigi game? Superstar Saga 3DS ? I should try one of them
Generally Bowser's Inside Story is considered the best, but Superstar Saga is also pretty well liked so you can't go wrong with either of them.

what's the best Mario and Luigi game? Superstar Saga 3DS ? I should try one of them
A lot of people prefer the GBA version, but honestly both are pretty solid. Just play whichever version you can get your hands on easier.

I think I like Superstar Saga the most. It's paced super well.

Had fried chicken cravings all weekend but need to stick to being healthy so I'm gonna make myself some home-made baked chicken nuggets for dinner this evening.

And I might even be real fancy and have WINE with them.
This was a great idea and it was very good home made comfort food and now I am comforted.

Gonna try and buy a PS3 off Facebook marketplace. Hope I don’t lose a kidney collecting it.
Better than the kidney you'd have to sell to get a PS5.
seriously though I got by Xbone S on facebook marketplace. there are legit sellers there, it's not as sketchy as it looks like it aughta be

Better than the kidney you'd have to sell to get a PS5.
seriously though I got by Xbone S on facebook marketplace. there are legit sellers there, it's not as sketchy as it looks like it aughta be
I managed to get my PS5 with my stimulus money last year.

Odds at finding a steam deck on the Facebook marketplace?

And now I'm finishing the wine off and having some sort of tiny but delicious dark chocolate mousse pot.

I AM COMFORTED

Anyone got any advice for SD cards on New 3DS? What’s the maximum card size and recommendation?

Gonna try to get my stuff together this weekend for the games I got. Own physical for the games I don’t need digital, but there’s a few digital only games I’ll need to have on a SD card and a few I need to buy that’ll I want to play one day.

Anyone got any advice for SD cards on New 3DS? What’s the maximum card size and recommendation?

Gonna try to get my stuff together this weekend for the games I got. Own physical for the games I don’t need digital, but there’s a few digital only games I’ll need to have on a SD card and a few I need to buy that’ll I want to play one day.
I believe it's the 64 gig one.

I don’t. That show is either gonna be incredible, or incredibly awful. Either way I’m fucking here for it
I liked Shoresy in small bursts as a quickfire foil to Riley/Jonesy but was afraid a whole show of him would just be vulgarity for vulgarity's sake.

But it's not.

Keeso actually made Shoresy likable and (in true Letterkenny fashion) the whole cast is fun.

Episode 5 already.

I liked Shoresy in small bursts as a quickfire foil to Riley/Jonesy but was afraid a whole show of him would just be vulgarity for vulgarity's sake.

But it's not.

Keeso actually made Shoresy likable and (in true Letterkenny fashion) the whole cast is fun.

Episode 5 already.
Oh god the show is out already?! I had no idea! This is gonna make my whole week, thanks buddy!

Man saw some comments I may be waiting till 2023 till I get my steam deck. I really hope that’s not the case. I still rather have that than the last three laptops I’ve had anyway.

And whenever the switch pro gets announced, I will get that as well in a heart beat

Fuck it, gonna watch episode 2 of Stranger Things. Realised if I watch one or two a weekend I have enough to get me to the 2 final episodes; next weekend I'll have the quarter finals of Super Rugby Pacific to watch so I won't have as much time for other TV.

May as well watch Stranger Things RIGHT THIS MINUTE THEN

Chrono Trigger
Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 2
Sonic 3&K
Super Metroid

Just wanted to see if I had five voiceless GOATs as well. 👍
Yeah Super Mario Bros 1 & 3, Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Doom, and Mario Galaxy 2 are all-time greats for me that have minimal story and essentially no VA.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love a good story; I greatly enjoyed the narrative component of games like 13 Sentinels, Hellblade, the Bioshock and Mass Effect trilogies, Xenoblade, etc. But for me it's a like a tasty side dish; it's nice to have but you can still have an amazing meal without one.

Fuck it, gonna watch episode 2 of Stranger Things. Realised if I watch one or two a weekend I have enough to get me to the 2 final episodes; next weekend I'll have the quarter finals of Super Rugby Pacific to watch so I won't have as much time for other TV.

May as well watch Stranger Things RIGHT THIS MINUTE THEN
The urge to binge is strong

32 is the biggest unless you format for fat32, though some have said they just stuck a 64 in there and it worked.

Bo Burnham just released an hour-long compilation of outtakes, songs, and bits that didn't make it into his covid special and it's nearly good enough to be its own special and like why is this summer giving me so much of what I want? It's making me nervous.

I'm literally convulsing with laughter at the end of his peanut butter sandwich bit because I know exactly which youtuber does that shit and I can't take it

The Letterkenny folks put the best damn music in their shows
The montage that closed out season 8 was fantastic. The song choice and the editing are just great, and they know how to use music to create a slow burn.
Actually, I just realized why I loved the trailer to Mission Impossible 7 so much: it had zero sound (aside from the monologue in the beginning) so instead of sensory overload of chaotic sound effects and voice overs it was just a slow-build piece of music and the action and cuts were timed to the music.
It was literally a music video. And it rocked.

The problem with watching an episode of Stranger Things is that I want to immediately watch another episode of Stranger Things.
That's why I'm not starting the season until the last episode is released in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom