• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Grubb speculating WW/TP HD double pack in October, Metroid Prime Remaster in November with Advance Wars 1+2 in December….. I’m ok with this line up along with the other new games we are getting.
nintendo fans be like: put gamecube and gba games on switch
nintendo: OK

Really, to me its disappointing, three straight months with old games. 2 HD re-ports, a remaster, and a remake. Although there's also Pokemon likely in November. But Nintendo is unpredictable, so I'm sure this speculation is all wrong.

Really, to me its disappointing, three straight months with old games. 2 HD re-ports, a remaster, and a remake. Although there's also Pokemon likely in November. But Nintendo is unpredictable, so I'm sure this speculation is all wrong.
We got Violet and Scarlet. It seems it is taking cues from mainline and Arceus.

I mean, this will be alongside new stuff. Bayonetta 3 is still coming this year, and I'm sure their June Direct will be chock-full of games coming out between August and the end of the year.

I don't expect Nintendo to do multiple ports back to back later this year. I don't think we're getting the Zeldas in 2022, so it'll be Prime and who knows when for Advance Wars.

Bayonetta 3, Pokemon, Hopefully An EPD Game and Something Else to all arrive later this year.

Multiple ports work if they have other games released around them, say you get Mario & Rabbids 2 and the Zelda’s in the October, Pokemon and Metroid Prime in the November and Advance Wars and Bayonetta 3 in December. Plenty for everyone in that case.

These months will also likely feature new games.
Something like:
October: TP+WWHD / Bayonetta 3
November: Metroid Prime 1 HD / Pokemon SV
December: Advance Wars Remake / Fire Emblem 17

Jeff Grubb speculating WW/TP HD double pack in October, Metroid Prime Remaster in November with Advance Wars 1+2 in December….. I’m ok with this line up along with the other new games we are getting.
I say it every time but I really will be shocked if Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are a package deal

I say it every time but I really will be shocked if Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are a package deal
Introducing the WWHD+TPHD Double Pack.
Twice the games, double the value price!

MSRP 119.98,-

Games not sold seperately.

I think it’s going to be a package deal due to Nintendo being kinda forced to release both at the same time, one without the other would mean the other wouldnt make it to the Switch lifespan or would be really late. And I dont see how Nintendo can justify releasing two Zelda remasters at the same time both full price, we have seen Nintendo experiment this gen with pricing a bit , so maybe we get 45/50$ per game but you can buy a 75/80$ package with both.

Ugh.

I have a flu for the first time in years or something like it.

How's everyone doing?
I'm horrified for the future of my nation and am shitposting my way through the grief! 😃

Also this trailer dropped this morning, which helps:

Zelda and Metroid both make sense for H2, although I think we'll only get Windwaker HD instead of a double pack. Advance Wars.... ehh, I dunno about that.

Don’t forget 1 2 Switch sequel, i think it fits very well as an early december release because its party/non enthusiastic nature are generally benefitted with christman/new year season.

I can see Mario+Rabbids 2 releasing late weekend of october. They always release a family friendly title that is also tries to appeal to hardcore gamers.

2017: Mario Odyssey
2018: nothing (though SMP was release early that month)
2019: Luigis Mansion 3
2020: Pikmin 3 DX (it was going to be SM3D World before covid19)
2021: Mario Party Superstars

So, M+R2 really fits these. Then, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet is highly likely launching november 18th, TPC likes to launch their games the week before thanksgiving.

Metroid Prime 1 Remaster and Bayonetta 3 will be released somewhere between september to november. Advance Wars is a mistery, it can be release tomorrow or in 1 year. I think it will be announced via twitter and i don’t think we will ever see it on a direct.

And finally, I can see the zelda wiiu ports releasing late august, they don’t have to have a long marketing campaign. Plus, if zelda botw 2 is releasing late march/april, then it gives 7/8 months for those titles to sell.

Ugh.

I have a flu for the first time in years or something like it.

How's everyone doing?
Started digging away in archives today, which is a major purpose of my time in the US, which is good.

Otherwise, chronic illness kicking my arse and making me wonder how I'm going to be able to work consistently and look after myself, let alone establish a social life in a different country. Woop woop

Get well soon though friend

Started digging away in archives today, which is a major purpose of my time in the US, which is good.

Otherwise, chronic illness kicking my arse and making me wonder how I'm going to be able to work consistently and look after myself, let alone establish a social life in a different country. Woop woop

Get well soon though friend
Yeah, I'm very sick right now, as said before, but otherwise, I'm hanging in there.

I also do a lot of research, though right now not as a professor or any career that strictly requires it, at least not yet haha

I'm being sarcastic. I know it has a fanbase! It's just not on the level of something like Chrono Trigger which is MIA on most platforms.
I wouldn't be surprised if the SaGa series has a bigger fanbase then the Chrono series. Most talk I hear about the Chrono games comes from nostalgic fans, meanwhile in addition to the remasters SaGa has a successful mobile game under its belt and a new title in production.

Oh, nice, I'm guessing another Weird Al album.
I haven't heard him say anything about an album in a while, matter of fact he said it's now more sensible to just release singles online these days, since he can get the work out while the songs he's parodying are still relevant, rather than waiting for there to be enough songs to fill an album.

But either way, the movie is gonna rock. Fuckin Dan, man.

Haven't played a good Indie game in a while.

Wonder if there's a good eShop sale happening...

I'm addicted to Revita. It's an awesome roguelite that released last April. I recommend it.
Thanks!

I'm going to hold off until tomorrow as I'm still going through my illness and can barely concentrate or think about, well, gaming right now haha

These months will also likely feature new games.
Something like:
October: TP+WWHD / Bayonetta 3
November: Metroid Prime 1 HD / Pokemon SV
December: Advance Wars Remake / Fire Emblem 17
They're not putting a new Fire Emblem out to die in December :LOL: They'll hold that into the next year at that point (typically it launches in June/July timeframe). AW I could absolutely see planning December just because the world situation is so fluid right now.

I also think dropping TP and WW in the same month is bad because they'll cannibalize sales of each other. They also won't be a double-pack like @Suswave said 😂 Not when Nintendo knows people will buy them individually at $60. I could see one getting a July/August release and then the other later in the year though.

I don't expect Nintendo to do multiple ports back to back later this year. I don't think we're getting the Zeldas in 2022, so it'll be Prime and who knows when for Advance Wars.

Bayonetta 3, Pokemon, Hopefully An EPD Game and Something Else to all arrive later this year.
I agree that they won't be doing ports or remasters back to back like that, but there will be a Zelda game this year, it's an annual franchise.

My left field guess is Ocarina of Time 4k to launch with Drake in November.

Thanks, all. We're taking him to the vet today, maybe they can prescribe him something a bit stronger than the gabapentin that doesn't seem to be doing much for him at the moment.

He's 14, and he's had a great life so far. I think we're getting pretty close to the end but we'll see what they say.
Wishing you and your dog the best. We lost our 13 year old Border Collie last month. It was hell to go through, even with myself having mentally prepared myself for this for months as her health declined.

nintendo fans be like: put gamecube and gba games on switch
nintendo: OK
...I'm not even proud of the exasperated sigh that left my mouth when I read this because...yeah, that's what I asked for.

I guess some memories will just be left in purgatory back in the early Aughts. At least these are games I'll still buy even if the ones I really want to cherish will forever languish some two decades in the past forevermore

I'm horrified for the future of my nation and am shitposting my way through the grief! 😃

Also this trailer dropped this morning, which helps:

In spite of all the bullshit I've been reading and continue to read (even as it affects us up North), this trailer does put a smile on my face.

Also damn Radcliffe is shredded

I'm sorta with you. Providing any kind of deal on a game with the word "zelda" in the title is absolutely not something Nintendo has ever done or will ever do. They asked $60 for that Link's Awakening remake, for Skyward Sword HD, for literally every Wii U-to-Switch port. There's no reason to think they'd offer any kind of deal on their second biggest name.

The ONLY way I can see it happening is some kinda eShop-only "Buy Wind Waker for $60, get Twilight Princess for $40 or vice versa" kinda deal, like they did with Famicom Detective Club (albeit for less money)

Daniel Radcliffe

This takes me back

w3zvtbxlkmqy.jpg

I'd rather have a new 2D Zelda this year than WW/TP. 2D Zelda in September, Metroid Prime 1 and Bayonetta in October, Pokémon in November and AW in December. Nate said a new FE is coming this FY iirc, so it might be in February. Then BOTW2 in March.

I don’t think they’ll put all of those in October+, that’s too close together for so many remasters and ports.

I can see them putting out one as early as August, and late September as well.

I'd rather have a new 2D Zelda this year than WW/TP. 2D Zelda in September, Metroid Prime 1 and Bayonetta in October, Pokémon in November and AW in December. Nate said a new FE is coming this FY iirc, so it might be in February. Then BOTW2 in March.
I don't think we're getting a new 2D Zelda game for a while. Grezzo might have a remake coming, but that's probably a 2024 thing.

not letting me promoting a question thread get lost at the bottom of a page!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom