• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find the wording here, specifically the lack of the word "Switch" after Nintendo extremely suspect. They had enough characters to spare in that tweet to write "Nintendo Switch" but didn't, even though they wrote out other console names properly.

It's almost like there's maybe another Nintendo console they can't mention yet but will have games at this show........

or it's a typo lol

apparently a great puzzle game

I find the wording here, specifically the lack of the word "Switch" after Nintendo extremely suspect. They had enough characters to spare in that tweet to write "Nintendo Switch" but didn't, even though they wrote out other console names properly.

It's almost like there's maybe another Nintendo console they can't mention yet but will have games at this show........

or it's a typo lol
come on now.

come on now.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

or it's a typo lol
Last minute Wii U game announcements, duh.

Latest Kit & Krysta podcast has an interesting/clickbaity title. Anyone listen to it yet? What's the lowdown (don't have time to listen to it yet)?

@Derachi

-----

I really hope we do hear more of the next Switch before long. I just need to know how much I'm gonna need to save up, especially if it's gonna be hitting my limit of

*gentle inhale*

SIX HUNDO CANADIAN DOLLARY DOOS

Embracer did say to expect remaster, remakes and spin off. I would love to have those games on switch and Embracer does have some good switch port houses in their ranks.
Yeah, they expect to make $300m in just two years by re-selling older titles. I'm guessing Switch ports of Deus Ex are in the cards. Not only that HD duo, we might get the original games too.

Xbox sold more than PS5 in Japan this week. Like, twice as many. Consider my mind blown.
I wonder, will heads roll at Sony? Because this is quite embarrassing.
It’s an amusing rare occurrence for enthusiasts, that’s about it. Sony should be more worried about their software situation in Japan, to be frank.

for what it's worth this is probably part of the design process for new generations of Pokemon
Nah, remember that they included a koala in Poke-Hawaii. I’d expect a few of the Gen 9 Pokemon to be out of place geographically.

Latest Kit & Krysta podcast has an interesting/clickbaity title. Anyone listen to it yet? What's the lowdown (don't have time to listen to it yet)?
Well I bit on the clickbait. If you’re referring specifically to the title, they didn’t actually give any reason aside from them not believing Switch can maintain >20M sales for the next two years without some change in business strategy or something like that.

So I managed to actually make a packaged build that works semi-decently, still has a few weird quirks that I'm not seeing in the editor. But now I have no idea how to upload it to github or where else to put it so I can share it with you knuckleheads.

Yar!

I really hope we do hear more of the next Switch before long. I just need to know how much I'm gonna need to save up, especially if it's gonna be hitting my limit of

gentle inhale

SIX HUNDO CANADIAN DOLLARY DOOS
I think $599 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I would happily pay for a premium $600 (Canadian) Nintendo Switch.

I use my Nintendo Switch for several hours of every day, usually in handheld mode. I have zero hesitations in paying more for a premium experience.

I think $599 isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Truthfully that's what scares me. I'll begrudgingly accept that price and pay it, but taxes are what's going to make my wallet explode and if it actually goes up to $650 or even a smaller jump to $620, I'm gonna have to sit back and wait for some reviews after long-term use before I can justify the cost of upgrading.

Truthfully that's what scares me. I'll begrudgingly accept that price and pay it, but taxes are what's going to make my wallet explode and if it actually goes up to $650 or even a smaller jump to $620, I'm gonna have to sit back and wait for some reviews after long-term use before I can justify the cost of upgrading.
I'm no analyst but I'd put $599 at the upper limit.

I would happily pay for a premium $600 (Canadian) Nintendo Switch.

I use my Nintendo Switch for several hours of every day, usually in handheld mode. I have zero hesitations in paying more for a premium experience.
15% tax in NS so that's $690 CAD or about 300 Medium Tims Coffees.

imagine if the hypothetical Megaman Match is a spiritual successor to Battle Network......

Mega Man Match and Dragon's Dogma 2 have been living in my head rent free since the leaks.

Only other things taking up as much space are Metroid Prime 4 and the EAD Donkey Kong game. LOL

I'm no analyst but I'd put $599 at the upper limit.
I'm probably just paranoid and pessimistic, lol. I know with Wii U there's precedent for Nintendo to take a loss on a console, but covid is still impacting production lines and component shortages, so I'm worried that $599CAD might not be as much of a lock as we hope.

So I managed to actually make a packaged build that works semi-decently, still has a few weird quirks that I'm not seeing in the editor. But now I have no idea how to upload it to github or where else to put it so I can share it with you knuckleheads.

Yar!
that’s amazing buddy, great work

I’m still at the “oh no I accidentally tried to tell the camera to become a tilemap and crashed Unity” stage of my project so

I uh might be out of my depth a little bit

I'm probably just paranoid and pessimistic, lol. I know with Wii U there's precedent for Nintendo to take a loss on a console, but covid is still impacting production lines and component shortages, so I'm worried that $599CAD might not be as much of a lock as we hope.
I think Nintendo would rather, for example, take the charging cable or, heaven forbid, the dock out of the box to keep the price from getting too out of hand.

I still think they would have sold more Nintendo Switch OLED units if they had sold JUST the console (no dock/joy-cons/straps/cables/etc) via their online store. I would have upgraded!

that’s amazing buddy, great work

I’m still at the “oh no I accidentally tried to tell the camera to become a tilemap and crashed Unity” stage of my project so

I uh might be out of my depth a little bit
Nah I have neglected so many responsibilities quashing really, really stupid bugs that I stupidly made too. And there are still plenty there.

Also this is like barely any of what I plan to make for the game, not even all the systems are in place yet. I just want a bit of feedback to give me that oomph to keep going in the slog.

Just finished Kirby and, holy shit, it feels so good to have a game just come out and be just fucking good. No caveats, no "well, I feel X could be improved." Just a neat 8-or-so hours of fun and not much else.

I feel like this game might have invigorated my love for gaming, and just 'me' in general. I don't care if that sounds corny. I just love this stupid, cute, joyful shit so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom