• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing it as we speak. I'm getting old, I need glasses to read some of the text 😭

But love the set-up of controls in the game and the comic style presentation. It's unlike anything I'm familiair with. Maybe ComiX Zone comes close but that's like 4th wall comic beat em up. This is different stuff.
I can definitely understand the comparison, having run through Comix Zone back on the Genesis! I played through the release on Steam in late December and really enjoyed it. The controls felt responsive and fun, while the overall challenge level was just right on the harder difficulty. Probably spent about 8-10 hours with it overall with sidequests and would say that it did an excellent job of not overstaying it's welcome.

If you ever get a VR device (or have one already)... buy this game for that as well. Game is fucking transcendental in VR.
unfortunately i don't. i might get a quest 2 in the future tho, i'll keep that in mind.

tumblr-285020969f3d9e8eafaada64aac48d75-28339692-1280-60b1f0bb3fc63975280460.jpg

this is the power of the Miinado

You also played through Origami King, right?

Maybe the secret to making Raccoon enjoy RPG and RPG-likes is to make them really boring to play through
I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but I think that talking badly about Origami King, easily one of the best written games of the last ten years, should be a bannable offense.

Friends, friends, let us not argue.

Let us instead direct our ire towards Sticker Star. Let us stoke the decade-old flame of disappointment and adhesive!

...oh God, Sticker Star's turning 10 years old this year. Don't Like That.

Anybody see that new Cyberpunk update yet? It's great, but goddamn it really shows that they should have delayed the game until this year and not launched the game on last gen. Ugh.

CDPR rushed the game out, it failed, they fixed it later. Rockstar rushed GTA Trilogy out, it failed, they're still fixing it. EA launched a billion games too early, they failed, EA had to fix them. Almost like there's a lesson to learned here? 🤔

CDPR rushed the game out, it failed, they fixed it later. Rockstar rushed GTA Trilogy out, it failed, they're still fixing it. EA launched a billion games too early, they failed, EA had to fix them. Almost like there's a lesson to learned here? 🤔
Is Rockstar still fixing the GTA Trilogy, though ? They delayed the Switch release, supposedly to work on it and get it fixed by February 11th, but the last update was early December and they didn't communicate at all on anything else. I think they just gave up and decided it was good enough.

Is Rockstar still fixing the GTA Trilogy, though ? They delayed the Switch release, supposedly to work on it and get it fixed by February 11th, but the last update was early December and they didn't communicate at all on anything else. I think they just gave up and decided it was good enough.
Apparently Rockstar is still working on it, there was updates to the database as of recently. Probably was supposed to launch this week, but it got delayed.

Apparently Rockstar is still working on it, there was updates to the database as of recently. Probably was supposed to launch this week, but it got delayed.
Thanks for the news, I still have hope for the Switch release to get playable then !

I just wished Rockstar communicated more with us. Fuck-ups happen to everyone, but keeping it all under the carpet doesn't help building trust with customers.

The first hour of No More Heroes 3 has more audio-visual variety than entire videogames. Absolutely wild.

And also a little much for my tired brain sooo we stop at the 1 hour mark and I can't wait to play more. It'll be funny when 2 of my favourite 2021 games are things I only played in 2021, and another one I played in the last week of 2022 (Death's Door).

Last edited:
Yes, they said they won't stop until the games are in satisfactory level. With first few patches they addressed the bugs, the next one should go for the performance. Because of that it'll take time.

Isn't Teraflop that video/stream series of Ian Higton's (of Eurogamer) where he plays terrible games?

I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but I think that talking badly about Origami King, easily one of the best written games of the last ten years, should be a bannable offense.
Hey I didn't say it wasn't well written

I said it was boring (based on my admittedly little time spent on it)

so wait what if I grew up with the SNES + GameBoy + N64 but also really really loved the GameCube, then never had a Wii but thought the Miis were good shit, and then skipped out on most videogames until snagging a bargain Craigslist Wii U in 2017 exclusively for Wii Sports Club Bowling, then immediately watched everything cascade completely out of control as I cashed an apparently one-time royalty check for a song I co-produced to buy a Switch in 2018, and now am interwoven with the fabric of the abyss and have a notable presence on a videogame forum instead of finding out if my BMI / ASCAP configurations are all askew or a mid-popularity rapper in Minnesota technically owes me money (or just had a clerical error on the paperwork) that I would never actually follow up on because I was honored just to be included at the time and mistakes happen, though if I was supposed to get streaming income it would be a nice little boost to the “eating, medication, housing, and not dying” budget?

where would that put me in the @Raccoon holy war?

so wait what if I grew up with the SNES + GameBoy + N64 but also really really loved the GameCube, then never had a Wii but thought the Miis were good shit, and then skipped out on most videogames until snagging a bargain Craigslist Wii U in 2017 exclusively for Wii Sports Club Bowling, then immediately watched everything cascade completely out of control as I cashed an apparently one-time royalty check for a song I co-produced to buy a Switch in 2018, and now am interwoven with the fabric of the abyss and have a notable presence on a videogame forum instead of finding out if my BMI / ASCAP configurations are all askew or a mid-popularity rapper in Minnesota technically owes me money (or just had a clerical error on the paperwork) that I would never actually follow up on because I was honored just to be included at the time and mistakes happen, though if I was supposed to get streaming income it would be a nice little boost to the “eating, medication, housing, and not dying” budget?

honestly I'm not sure

Yes, they said they won't stop until the games are in satisfactory level. With first few patches they addressed the bugs, the next one should go for the performance. Because of that it'll take time.
self-defined "satisfactory level" though, lol

Despite being a Wii kid I don't actually care about Miis that much. They do give me some nostalgia fuzzies though

Now the big bubbly Wii UI? That's the good stuff right there

Well, we have to wait and see about that.

No reason to doubt Take Two, their support for Switch games has been great so far... with exception of WWE 2K18. Yeah that still exists...
I mean I think it's fair to doubt them for the state they released the trilogy in, they weren't blind to it. They're saying what they though they had to say and do to keep sales moving on it, and hopefully they make good on it

Anyhow this message led to a youtube clickhole that taught me that the 3DS got a better (fan) port of GTA III than the Switch did, TIL!

Wow, I'm so nostalgic for this even though it wasn't real. It has that crunch GBA/DS 3d game appeal, like DRIV3R on GBA.

No More Heroes 3 and Legend of Tianding will mark the end of 2021 catch up across January and February (KOTOR, Psychonauts 2, Ocarina of Time, Dungeon Encounters).

Good timing. Triangle Strategy, Kart DLC, Kirby, and Advance Wars landing in a 6 week period.

I mean I think it's fair to doubt them for the state they released the trilogy in, they weren't blind to it. They're saying what they though they had to say and do to keep sales moving on it, and hopefully they make good on it
The problem here is what this Trilogy pack was and what it became. It was supposed to be a GTA5 preorder freebie. For a free game you can overlook the faults. Devs probably had a budget for a remaster that won't bring in any money. Making it a $60 standalone title was a last minute higher up decision and the devs are now trying to bring the game up to a full priced level of quality after the catastrophe that stupid decision caused.

The problem here is what this Trilogy pack was and what it became. It was supposed to be a GTA5 preorder freebie. For a free game you can overlook the faults. Devs probably had a budget for a remaster that won't bring in any money. Making it a $60 standalone title was a last minute higher up decision and the devs are now trying to bring the game up to a full priced level of quality after the catastrophe that stupid decision caused.
I hear you. On my end there are issues I don't expect them to fix that just demonstrated a lack of care or respect for the legacy of the series (incorrect + poor art), though that is indeed probably because they were rushed. I can't imagine how crazy things were behind the scenes, and the pressure to get it out in time for the holidays. My problem is that the higher ups are 2K– they are the ones with power, and the ones who continue to drive GTA:O into the ground. I just don't have faith in them, but I'm happy to see them prove me wrong + I do have faith in the devs if they are given the resources.

Oooh @KilgoreWolfe my mClassic arrived and I am already impressed, this knocks on a 4K TV
Oh word? I have the LG C1 on its way and I'm excited to eventually set it up and see how good my Switch looks but I wonder if I would also benefit from the mClassic; does it require a lot of fickle set up to get the best picture quality depending on the game, or do you set it and forget it? Is it a night and day difference depending on if the mClassic is in use or not?

I imagine it's best to turn off for sprite pixel games like Octopath Traveller or Stardew Valley, but I also heard you had to do some internal Switch settings like change the output to 720p or 1080p depending on the game and then flicking a Switch on the mClassic itself to modify how effective the post processing effects work

Oh word? I have the LG C1 on its way and I'm excited to eventually set it up and see how good my Switch looks but I wonder if I would also benefit from the mClassic; does it require a lot of fickle set up to get the best picture quality depending on the game, or do you set it and forget it? Is it a night and day difference depending on if the mClassic is in use or not?

I imagine it's best to turn off for sprite pixel games like Octopath Traveller or Stardew Valley, but I also heard you had to do some internal Switch settings like change the output to 720p or 1080p depending on the game and then flicking a Switch on the mClassic itself to modify how effective the post processing effects work
I only poked around the menu and one game a bit with it on a brief break from work but I’ll try to remember to get back to you with game impressions!

It was an easy setup tho, you are on the money with the general steps

The real question is obviously if you had a GameBoy Camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom