• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days I need to make a retrospective thread on the Might and Magic series.

Ubisoft murdered such a beautiful gem.

If you do that, I'll do a companion thread on the Heroes sub-series ❤️
Played Heroes 3 daily in high school after soccer. We must have sunk thousands of hours in that game. Always played Castle to get the archangels. That’s about all i can contribute to the discussion other than the amazing DS game.

I feel like you could make this same tweet about any year in their history lol

Issue isn’t the presence of online modes, it’s the quality. Luckily that’s also being addressed

I'm gonna say a thing. I hope it helps someone someday.
If you find yourself out grocery shopping and you walk past the hot stuff at the deli and they have seasoned grilled chicken out cooked and ready to go, and you think "oh dang, I got some wheat buns and pepper jack at home, I could make a good chicken sandwich tonight," and you purchase said container of chicken pieces and go home and make the beautiful sandwich you envisioned, make sure before biting into it that the chicken is boneless.

Any thoughts on Later Alligator or Mail Mole? They're both on sale.

w500.jpg

w500.jpg

Casual games don't exist, didn't you get the memo?
Yeesh, it's like people looked at the Wii years of Nintendo and said to themselves:

"I'm going on a permanent strike against casual games, no exceptions, pauses, or benchmarks."

(Typical Gen Xer attitude, amirite or amirite?)

:sneaky:

Yeesh, it's like people looked at the Wii years of Nintendo and said to themselves:

"I'm going on a permanent strike against casual games, no exceptions, pauses, or benchmarks."

(Typical Gen Xer attitude, amirite or amirite?)

:sneaky:
Their loss I say! I had a ton of fun with the DS and Wii and not all of them were “core” games

Their loss I say! I had a ton of fun with the DS and Wii and not all of them were “core” games
Ha! That's what I said to the Gen Xers about how people would like the Star Wars prequels in 10 years or so!

And did they believe me? Well, they didn't believe me when I also said the GameCube and Wii would become more respected as time went on and look who's laughing now!

giphy-ash-crazy-evil-dead.gif

I haven’t played it, but I remember the trailer for Later Alligator looking pretty cool. I’d give that one a shot just based on the trailer.
👋🐊
Good call! Any game title that can be succinctly clearly referenced with a mere two emojis must be good, right?

🌝🎭

🌱🧅

🪲 📚

Wii Sports Resort was unironically some of the most fun I had in any game of 2009, and I had a Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360.
For me, doing 1:1 motion controlled kendo/chambara was a "next gen" moment to rival any graphics showcase on the HD consoles.

Wii Sports Resort was unironically some of the most fun I had in any game of 2009, and I had a Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360.
For me, doing 1:1 motion controlled kendo/chambara was a "next gen" moment to rival any graphics showcase on the HD consoles.

Wii Sports Resort (mainly golf) stole so many hours from my life. It was that one game that I realized a few years later that it was probably my most played Wii game outside of maybe Mario Kart Wii.

I had a lot of fun with basketball and disc golf in Resort

Or was it throwing a disc to a dog? I can’t remember

5 votes for Chrono Cross in the poll when it's objectively the best game from that lineup. XC 3 has no chance.

Sorry, folks. I don't make the rules.

I'm gonna say a thing. I hope it helps someone someday.
If you find yourself out grocery shopping and you walk past the hot stuff at the deli and they have seasoned grilled chicken out cooked and ready to go, and you think "oh dang, I got some wheat buns and pepper jack at home, I could make a good chicken sandwich tonight," and you purchase said container of chicken pieces and go home and make the beautiful sandwich you envisioned, make sure before biting into it that the chicken is boneless.
Thank you for giving me a good laugh 😂

Half of my favorite DS games were touch generation games. Nintendogs, Tetris DS, Clubhouse Games, EBA, Hotel Dusk, Picross DS, Picross 3D, Planet Puzzle League, Rhythm Heaven. I would put most of those in the top of the catalog, with the puzzle games all being in my top 25 for the DS. Systems need to have variety in my opinion, so I’m all about the “casual” games.

even though Us disappointed me, I'm really looking forward to NOPE after the newest trailer hot damn

It’s the 15th anniversary of Professor Layton

Now I’m sad that level 5 pretty much has two feet, two legs, a torso, and the shoulders in the grave. These games were so good. Haven’t played the Switch one, but read it wasn’t that great. But for a time, level 5 couldn’t miss (and level 5 Dragon Quest is the best DQ).

Just finding out that Project Eve doesn't even have a release year.....

Man, my PS5 really won't be used that much for 2022 I see......

Just Dragon Ball The Breakers and Neptunia Sisters Versus Sisters (It should be out Fall 2022). Maybe Chrono Cross if I can get a physical copy.

Just realized we'll probably get Wuhu Loop in HD in the DLC since it's been datamined from Tour

Damn, watching this gave me real nostalgia for taking runs in Wii Fit

...goodness gracious, we're already halfway through February. Where did the time go?

...Well, uh, besides my 34 hours or so of Pokemon.
February's short, it always sneaks up on you. But hey, that means we're only 10 days from Elden Ring, so I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom