• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WE DID IT EVERYBODY! FEBRUARY IS CANCELED! HAPPY JANUARY 32ND! TEAM JANUARY FOREVER!

3pne4m.png

I managed to keep up my one beaten game a week average.

-Final Fantasy VI
-Captain Toad
-Ys Origin
-Famicom Detective Club The Missing Heir

February is all about Pokemon and Horizon: Forbidden West for me. Maybe I manage to sneak in a smaller game somewhere in there, but those will be my big ticket items for the month.

I have no idea how to play Yu-Gi-Oh but an online card game sounds chill as hell.

Is it fun? Is Master Duel an okay place to jump in?
When you say that you have no idea I assume that you’re not familiar with the anime/manga? Even if you were there would still be a pretty big learning curve. The solo mode does include tutorials to teach you the mechanics but I think the explanations might be too brief for a new player, some of them even sound like they were made with Google Translate.

Basically in Yu-Gi-Oh the point is to reduce your opponent’s life points to zero by attacking with monster cards you summon, you also have spell cards and trap cards. Besides a few technicalities in the rules that’s what you infer from watching the anime. However, every anime series after the first two introduced a new summoning mechanic, most people that grew up on the first series never got to that point. I play the mobile game (Duel Links, a version of the card game with smaller board and deck sizes) since launch, so I have gotten familiar with the additional summon mechanics thanks to that. The only mechanic I learned from Master Duel was Link summoning but I was already kind of familiar about it via some Youtube content I stumbled upon. The real challenge from getting into Master Duel and learning about the game is how the many different archetypes kind of each have their own rules, so to be better at the game you’ll have to be more aware of what other decks do which can be kind of overwhelming. When you move up on the ranks you’ll face actual meta decks, some of which are pretty disgusting to face.

Master Duel is still really good and it’s pretty much all I have been playing on Switch since it launched, just expect a big learning curve if you feel like getting into it. You’ll probably need to watch content about the game to help you, especially to make the right choices when building your deck. I’m a F2P player, I will never buy gems. At the start, they are very generous but afterwards you barely get any, so you need to make the most out of them, they are a lot of guides for this. Basically you can build at least two competitive decks by entirely being F2P, you just need to know exactly which cards from which packs do you want, you can even “dismantle” cards of a certain rarity to earn gems that allow you to craft a card of the same rarity. When you know exactly what you need you can have a good deck without falling in the whale trap

This, but only if you loop that amazingly terrible earworm Malo Mart song endlessly when you're in that section of the forum.
It was the first thing I thought of when that subforum's mystery name was mentioned, and now it will have to repeat endlessly in everyone's minds.

That's not something to be happy about, Spring's the worst season.
Spring isn't so bad, but it is kind of like the 'Sunday' of seasons: That time you still enjoy, but have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you're rapidly approaching Monday/the worst time of the year (which is summer. Summer sucks.)

Finished Blaster Master Zero. Now I am playing Arceus full time. Damn, Pokemon has gotten a little harder :D nice but it takes getting used to. I have never used as many revives lol

We have a Treehouse, we have The Roost, so I think Reset the Clock would be an awesome name for a Famiboards archive 🙂
Why settle for a meme when you could call it the Temple of Time.

Hi new thread!

Excited for the big direct in February. Keep them coming, who needs savings

it the worst time of the year (which is summer. Summer sucks.)
I know bad takes are the currency of this thread, but this one might be a bridge too far for me. Any season that I can go outside without my man-nips instantly turning into deadly weapons is alright by me.

I love Chrono Trigger.

The tank is virtually invincible as long as no crazy lunatic runs up on it and hits it with a sword.

I've finally achieved 101% in DK64 for the first time!!!

cracks open windows, sunlight pours in

... I am finally free

Everyone in my house is so dramatic and needy. It's just a little ear infection, you don't need to wake me up for the day at 5.

And I know you have arthritis in all 4 legs but you don't need to yelp loudly as all hell when someone brushes your tail while you're sleeping.

And don't get me started on my turtle, the most arrogant bastard I know. Not everything is about you, ya know.

I've seen a lot of posts about games finished

What about games played, overall? I play a lot of games I've either already beaten, or don't intend to beat anytime soon, that tend to color a month's "gamefeel"

This month I've played

Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Came out at the tail end of the month, but since the minute it was release I haven't put it down...

Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64 - NSO)
Since I'd call this my "soul game", I 100% it very quickly and have been replaying it a bit here and there. Wonderful game. Happy it's finally on the Switch.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Yes, I'm still planting a fuckton of berries (I have 50+ of nearly every rare berry) and farming for those rare pieces you use to catch Legendaries. I've been enjoying the postgame farm. Still waiting for connection with Pokemon Home, though.

Slay the Spire
Picked this addicting game back up again because I've been seeing my brother signing in and playing it. I absolutely love it. Endlessly entertaining.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
I have earned my place in Xeno-Valhalla by 100% completing this game on NG+, and yet I still find myself occasionally backing up my save and starting a new file just to enjoy the experience again.
Super Robot Wars X - almost finished, in the final 12 missions or so
Hardcore Mecha (actually did finish the story on this one, tho it has a survival mode I can go back to)
Dicey dungeons: my luck keeps getting me
Mario picross: 3 super hard Wario ultra puzzles left
Sega picross : bout 9 mega puzzles left for the no assist trophy
Conker live and reloaded: this barrel section at the beginning of the war arc is harder than the n64 version
Metal wolf chaos: need to get back, I only finished the first mission, the seconds boss pounded on me

Been trying on FFIX but I’ve been bouncing a bit. Considering going to a different jrpg in my backlog

Is LonkFromPA too confident? Or are you just not confident enough?

:unsure:

Do not doubt the month that has Arceus playtime, the launch of Elden Ring and my very own birthday. You see, February is already set to deliver.
Oh I'm #TeamFebruary like any smart, handsome person

I'm just not going in on a specific day like that

Happy February, folks.

Hope you'll all be available on the 16th.

Just taking a shot in the dark here.

Fuck me trying to sell my old Switch on Facebook has been an exercise in frustration I've not had for a while:
  • 1 million people going "Is this still available?" then ghosting
  • People going "Where can we meet up?" then ghosting after my answer
  • People asking me shit that is blatantly clear in the listing
  • People giving me offers £30+ below my asking price (i.e. the price I chose cause I want to get more than just selling it at CeX)
  • People asking for free games
  • Someone setting up a meeting spot, asking whether he can test it, and then making a low-ball offer and asking for free games
I honestly didn't expect it to be this hard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom