• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay yeah I really, really don't get the Origami King hate now. This is awesome. The music is great, the humor is fantastic, and the world is super fun to explore. The battles aren't the best, but they're not super bad like I was led to believe. They're fun. I have yet to hit a boss battle though so things might change.
No spoilers but the boss battles were kinda overwhelming or stressful to me at first since they work so differently from the regular battles. After one or two of them I and to love them and how clever and creative they are though. Just saying that in case they stress you at first too. 😃

As to the regular battles, I wish I had done this area of the game that lets you practice the regular battles, earlier (it's available very early), and not waited till the end of the game, so I definitely recommend it because it helps make the regular battles snappier and more fun since it makes you much more quickly and easily recognize the patterns and how to swiftly demolish the foes.

Don't normally talk Manga here, but today's Dr Stone chapter was one of my favorite chapters I've read of any series in recent years.

God, I love series so much. Easily the best manga currently in publication (That isn't Hiatus X Hiatus, and even then....) in any magazine. A shame the Anime is so far behind :(

Don't normally talk Manga here, but today's Dr Stone chapter was one of my favorite chapters I've read of any series in recent years.

God, I love series so much. Easily the best manga currently in publication (That isn't Hiatus X Hiatus, and even then....) in any magazine. A shame the Anime is so far behind :(
Magu-Chan’s finale had me tearing up

unknown5zjiw.jpeg

I have a few questions about SSHD if you have a sec! I love the original game.

Is it true that the Switch 1:1 swordplay and motion controls require more frequent calibration than the Wii version? Do the Switch motion controls work as well as they did on Wii? I thought I'd heard some concerns about that.

Are there any other disadvantages to the Switch version? Does 60 fps feel good with the gameplay?
Resolution and framerate are the biggest advantages. I played exclusively handheld so I used the right stick mainly which works fine but not as good to play as the original game at all since battles are really tuned for motion.

The Wii version used motion plus so it was a combination of gyro and the IR sensor, so I have heard people say that is still the ideal way to play but someone else can come in and chime in if I am wrong on that.

I have a few questions about SSHD if you have a sec! I love the original game.

Is it true that the Switch 1:1 swordplay and motion controls require more frequent calibration than the Wii version? Do the Switch motion controls work as well as they did on Wii? I thought I'd heard some concerns about that.

Are there any other disadvantages to the Switch version? Does 60 fps feel good with the gameplay?

Certainly more frequent especially with the erratic motions required which exacerbate gyro drift.

I just got into the habit of pressing Y whenever I returned to rest. A tap of a button is hardly a burden so if you just get into a more proactive mindset and consider it part of the routine, it's fine.

Just catching up on some rumours ahead of the next Nintendo Direct and came across this article (https://www.gamesradar.com/mario-ka...de-reported-nintendo-direct-later-this-month/). All pretty standard stuff on the rumours front, but the thing that caught my eye was the claim that Zippo's track record includes accurately predicting Diddy Kong Racing on NSO ahead of time...

Did I miss something?! Diddy Kong Racing has had no confirmation whatsoever, right? Seemed a strange thing to write.

Just catching up on some rumours ahead of the next Nintendo Direct and came across this article (https://www.gamesradar.com/mario-ka...de-reported-nintendo-direct-later-this-month/). All pretty standard stuff on the rumours front, but the thing that caught my eye was the claim that Zippo's track record includes accurately predicting Diddy Kong Racing on NSO ahead of time...

Did I miss something?! Diddy Kong Racing has had no confirmation whatsoever, right? Seemed a strange thing to write.
Nintendo rumor reporting is not uhhh the best quality I think.

Steam Deck comparison shots with basically any handheld device continue to make me laugh. I’m sorry but that brick is original Nintendo DS ugly in a slightly endearing way

BTW I remember reading rumors about Zelda WW/TP HD being ported to Switch. Is there any new info about it or it was just untrustworthy leaks?

One of these days I should really play Sunshine so I can see who's wrong for sure.
It's probably the most polarizing Nintendo game I have yet to play.

The FLUDDless stages still give me nightmares! Sunshine absolutely has flaws and I think it is the 3D Mario most deserving of a remake or remaster.

I liked Sunshine a lot when i was a kid, but i've played it again on 3DAS and yeah, almost all the other 3D Marios are way, way better (except for 64).

I liked Sunshine a lot when i was a kid, but i've played it again on 3DAS and yeah, almost all the other 3D Marios are way, way better (except for 64).
This is astoundingly wrong. 64 is better than Sunshine in nearly every single way. Sunshine forces you to endure its janky crap to get to the credits. 64 allows you to pick and choose which challenges to tackle, so if something is too frustrating you can skip it and do something else.

Yeah, Sunshine isn’t a good Mario game. It’s still a decently playable game that’s probably as good or better than the average 3D platformer of its era, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the other games of the series in terms of playability, polish and sheer fun. It needed another year of development, probably.

Pretty sure Link and Sheik in 1998, followed by the cast of The Mummy in 1999, begat my bisexual awakening.

I've got a voucher burning a hole in my eshop, what should I use it on? Not expiring until October but still

I played Sunshine for the first time with SM3DAS and prefer it to Mario64. I haven't played all the way through it yet, but what I played was more fun than Mario64, which I dropped like a brick.

SM3DW > SMO > SMG2 > SMG > SM3DL > SMS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> root canal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SM64

I basically put SMO before the Galaxy games, because it doesn't have scary underwater sections.

The Steam Deck will be one heck of a system, but it's still too expensive for me. It's too big for a portable, but i could deal with that. The cheaper model is 420€ and it only has 64GB of storage. I simply can't.

tweets that cause pain

What's more weird is Feral was the one who ported many of those games. They're taking their time on Switch but they will come around.

Shield games haven't been on Switch:
Half Life 2
Portal
Tomb Raider 2013
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid Collection

The rest (Borderlands, Resident Evil 5, Alien Isolation) have already been ported to Switch. I'm feeling Tomb Raider is next.

I found little issue with the motion controls. I do think you calibrate a more often but it’s a button press so wasn’t that big of a deal. I did just play Galaxy from 3DAS, so was used to it. 60 FPS is amazing for this game and really makes it super smooth.

Resolution and framerate are the biggest advantages. I played exclusively handheld so I used the right stick mainly which works fine but not as good to play as the original game at all since battles are really tuned for motion.

The Wii version used motion plus so it was a combination of gyro and the IR sensor, so I have heard people say that is still the ideal way to play but someone else can come in and chime in if I am wrong on that.
Certainly more frequent especially with the erratic motions required which exacerbate gyro drift.

I just got into the habit of pressing Y whenever I returned to rest. A tap of a button is hardly a burden so if you just get into a more proactive mindset and consider it part of the routine, it's fine.

Thanks all for the info! I really do love Skyward Sword so I'd definitely like to experience the Switch release some time. I think it's the MotionPlus gyro + IR combo that you mentioned @Clix that I was thinking of. Sounds like the gyro alone works plenty well though. I'm really hoping that the BOTW sequel includes even more attributes or references from Skyward Sword, and the sky islands in the trailer definitely suggest that. Now we just need Scrapper in the game.

scrapper+e+fi+skyward+sword+nintendo+blast.gif

He’s nearly 100% correct. The only thing wrong with that tweet is that the FLUDD-less stages also suck, just in different ways.

Sunshine is bad. Deal with it.
I didn’t say he wasn’t, just that it hurts, right in the nostalgia

God I really hope Dying Light 2 gets a native port. It doesn't seem to be that more advanced than Dying Light 1, and that got a masterful port. Now that it's not coming at release I don't see why a cloud port is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom