• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo just dropped from new TOTK art. It's from the end of the game so spoilers beware

441528104_880273884143622_2831885414317364107_n.jpg

Whatever happened to those rumored Wind Waker/Twilight Princess ports anyway?
Some people think they were made up. A couple people (Grubb, Nate) have indicated they're one of those "finished a while ago and just waiting in Nintendo's back pocket" things like Prime Remastered, Everybody 1-2 Switch, and (allegedly) FE4 Remake

I know people say this every year, but I really do think this could be the year we finally see them

Rolled credits on 1000xRESIST.

I just can't freaking believe that this game snuck up on me out of nowhere and instantly became an all-time favourite over the course of two days. It does have some frustrating elements with the hub area being confusing, but whenever the story had the foot on the pedalboards, I literally had goosebumps every single minute.

Porting WW/TP to Switch would be relatively trivial (a few months of work at best) so whether or not it's actually ready to go or not doesn't matter I think. Nintendo can port them at any time with little fuss.

Not sure if this question has been asked before; how do we see Nintendo working around what’s clearly a low point for the industry (studio closures, game development instability, dropping hardware sales, etc).

Obviously the big N has always marched to the best of their own drum, but they have partners across the globe that are feeling the headwinds.

YouTube just ran an ad for Runa and the detail they added in the lower left made me lift an eyebrow

oHjDGNj.jpeg

Is Runa actually advertising themselves that way or is that text that YouTube threw in? If the latter then how? 😅

YouTube just ran an ad for Runa and the detail they added in the lower left made me lift an eyebrow

oHjDGNj.jpeg

Is Runa actually advertising themselves that way or is that text that YouTube threw in? If the latter then how? 😅
The details they added in Xenoblade made me lift weights

Not sure if this question has been asked before; how do we see Nintendo working around what’s clearly a low point for the industry (studio closures, game development instability, dropping hardware sales, etc
Nintendo has not closed studios except for a couple special cases, and their hardware sales have been the healthiest they've been in a long time. They're opting for slower but more sustainable growth, and is keen on preserving their pool of talent.

For what it's worth, Nintendo is already working around those issues you mentioned.

crazy to think that w/o Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Famiboards probably wouldn't exist
I thought Fami was more of a Metroid board

Nintendo has not closed studios except for a couple special cases, and their hardware sales have been the healthiest they've been in a long time. They're opting for slower but more sustainable growth, and is keen on preserving their pool of talent.
I was referring to the industry as a whole. I’m well aware Nintendo rarely ever lets go of talent. I’m more so worried about the studios they collaborate with like MercuryStream and Grezzo Studio, along with key third party developers.

And yes Switch sales have been very healthy but look at what’s happening with Sony. PS5 sales recently have started to slow and are no longer aligned with the PS4’s performance from the previous generation. It’s easy to assume it because PS5 is lacking in big exclusive software but it could also be a sign that console gaming is becoming less popular compared to 5 years ago (pre-COVID).

I’m curious about how Nintendo at least match the Switch’s performance with their new console. I remember reading that they’ve sped up plans for their new building in Kyoto so they’re well aware of the extra manpower they need.

I'm going to say safe money is on Nintendo releasing ALL 3DS/Wii U/Wii/GameCube remasters to "The Nintendo Switch Family" during the first two, if not three, years of Switch 2.

I also think, like recent releases, Switch will be 30fps (with Switch 2 being 60fps).

Ngl, I was in a big gaming rut the last few month, but all the new leaks/infos rekindled my excitement so much that I logged in here for the first time in a while.
The successor finally feels real...

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation. Uwu.

Just finished a revisit of Star Wars Jedi starfighter. As great and tight as I remember… Cept it ends on a cliffhanger for a third game that never happened DX

I feel the successor third party reveal is going to be huge this time. Just bombarded with games.
Some publishers are probably desperate to port their games on it... I'm looking at you Square Enix.

But for the Switch 2, i'm mostly hoping for more RPG or games that skipped the Switch, like Yakuza, Atlus games, Baldur Gate 3 and maybe some solid fromsoft port, like Elden ring and Sekiro.

I personally feel like i have an easier time completing long ass games on the Switch compare to different console, heck i completed the Xenoblade trilogy this year (with the exception of future redeemed) Meanwhile Persona 5 royal on PS5 took me 1 and a half year, meanwhile persona 4 took me 2 months on the Switch.

Don't know i feel like RPGs and long ass games fits the most on a hybrid system the most.

Some publishers are probably desperate to port their games on it... I'm looking at you Square Enix.

But for the Switch 2, i'm mostly hoping for more RPG or games that skipped the Switch, like Yakuza, Atlus games, Baldur Gate 3 and maybe some solid fromsoft port, like Elden ring and Sekiro.

I personally feel like i have an easier time completing long ass games on the Switch compare to different console, heck i completed the Xenoblade trilogy this year (with the exception of future redeemed) Meanwhile Persona 5 royal on PS5 took me 1 and a half year, meanwhile persona 4 took me 2 months on the Switch.

Don't know i feel like RPGs and long ass games fits the most on a hybrid system the most.

i agree with this, it’s the main reason i can get through so many games.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck on Elden Ring (about 40 hours in!).

How are you all able to play games in, well, record-time it seems?
It’s because we have no social life/jk
jujutsu-kaisen-jjk.gif

But I personally finish most of my games in the Switch, mostly in portable mode because of my job and working at nights shift.

Meanwhile on the PS5 it takes me a longer time.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck on Elden Ring (about 40 hours in!).

How are you all able to play games in, well, record-time it seems?

Switch i usually always play portable mode. Helps me zone in and i can pick up and play when commuting on flights or just wanting to kill time. It’s the perfect storm. Kid takes a nap, i can quickly turn it on and get a gaming session in without any hassle. Can’t sleep or wake up early play a little, etc just extremely easy to pick up and play when you have a little extra free time.

Last edited:
Well here we are

Finally at the point where it's hot enough that I'm uncomfortable just being outside.

Bye fresh air, it was real while it lasted. See you again in about six months. 😩

It’s because we have no social life/jk
jujutsu-kaisen-jjk.gif

But I personally finish most of my games in the Switch, mostly in portable mode because of my job and working at nights shift.

Meanwhile on the PS5 it takes me a longer time.
If I didn't have a Steam Deck...

...it would take a lot longer than I have now to complete the games I'm playing.

I'm guessing you leave your Nintendo Switch on while you do other things so you can always come back to it?

Switch i usually always play portable mode. Helps me zone in and i can pick up and play when commuting on flights or just wanting to kill time. It’s the perfect storm. Kid takes a nap, i can quickly turn it on and get a gaming session in without any hassle. Can’t sleep or wake up early play a little, etc just extremely easy to pick up and play when you have a little extra free time.
Portable mode?

Isn't is always on portable mode?

...Oh wait.

I never play it on the TV.

D'oh!

If anyone tries to tell me 2024 is barren I’m going to check their play history and if I don’t see Animal Well I will write the most sternly worded letter this website has ever seen.

If anyone tries to tell me 2024 is barren I’m going to check their play history and if I don’t see Animal Well I will write the most sternly worded letter this website has ever seen.
I can't believe anyone would think 2024 is barren when it's the year we received Penny's Big Breakaway ❤️

But what if I hate puzzle games

No seriously, it looks like an interesting and refreshingly original Metroidvania but is it even worth bothering with if the cryptic La-Mulana/Fez/Tunic/Environmental Station Alpha shit everyone's enamored with it for is a massive turn-off for me?

Watching Scott the Woz's Wii vs Nintendo Switch is like watching someone putting serious thought into Coughing Baby vs Atomic Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom