• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time the Starfield thread gets bumped I keep thinking it's Seinfeld
4cBjNge.jpeg

(@Aurc)

So I just managed to access the ng update for fallout 4 despite getting it through the ps collection 😅
How is it? I haven't played FO4 in 10 years (or however long it has been since it released) and I'm excited to jump back in after watching some of the show.

What PS+ tier are you subscribed to? Apparently if you have Extra or Premium the PS Collection version also upgrades, but not if you're on Essential. I still don't get it and I'm on Essential.

I guess at this point it's intentional, but I wish they'd been upfront about it. I would probably have just paid a fiver for the game when it was on sale, but the sale ended just before the current-gen version released. I can play it on Series S, so I'll probably do that, but would have preferred PS5 since I imagine it'll have better performance/graphics.
Essential, that's why I was so surprised I found it. I couldn't get it by clicking on the icon in my library, I went to the product page and it let me add the ps5 version. I think I selected a different version but I can't remember, I was kinda just messing around not expecting results.
How is it? I haven't played FO4 in 10 years (or however long it has been since it released) and I'm excited to jump back in after watching some of the show.
I will update you when I've played it xD only just downloaded for now. It was pretty hit or miss for me on release, didn't even finish the first dlc when that came out. So we'll see if time has been kind.

Apparently (aside from the whole PS+ thing) the PS5 version of the update is the only one that's not a shitshow lmao.

Essential, that's why I was so surprised I found it. I couldn't get it by clicking on the icon in my library, I went to the product page and it let me add the ps5 version. I think I selected a different version but I can't remember, I was kinda just messing around not expecting results.

I will update you when I've played it xD only just downloaded for now. It was pretty hit or miss for me on release, didn't even finish the first dlc when that came out. So we'll see if time has been kind.
Huh, I just messed around with it too, and it gave me a drop down with two options both saying 'Game', I switched to the second one and now it says Download instead of £15.99.

It didn't download at first but after a couple attempts it's now downloading the PS5 version.

Sony pls

Also, it genuinely feels so good to be posting with my Louie avatar that I used on ResetERA again. It's like an old friend has come home. I couldn't leave him on a site I don't post on anymore, so instead of all this crazy avatar switching I've finally brought him here, permanently.

Huh, I just messed around with it too, and it gave me a drop down with two options both saying 'Game', I switched to the second one and now it says Download instead of £15.99.

It didn't download at first but after a couple attempts it's now downloading the PS5 version.

Sony pls
PSN taketh but also giveth against Sony's will

Also, it genuinely feels so good to be posting with my Louie avatar that I used on ResetERA again. It's like an old friend has come home. I couldn't leave him on a site I don't post on anymore, so instead of all this crazy avatar switching I've finally brought him here, permanently.
Gonna haveta change your forum tag to "Duckburg Enthusiast"

all ducks are a little quacked but some are completely goosed, others just swanter about acting like they own the place

I have finally beaten final fantasy 7 rebirth after dealing with two months of headaches and being free of them to sit a few days to finish it,

This is such an amazing game and one of the best games and rpgs I’ve ever played.

I managed to go two months spoiled free too.

First they came for Tokyo Mirage Session's vagina bones and I said nothing because I don't have vagina bones (and neither does anyone else).

Why is it that everytime I see any sort of discourse about Stellar Blade, it's always about the fanservice or lack therof? :LOL:
They set themselves up to be "the big popular fanservice game" and now they're reaping the rewards.

I use the word "rewards" with the utmost sarcasm

Hello everyone,

Smoked quite a bit, so I need all of Fami to know: I just bought Endless Ocean. Swimming with fishes in the ocean sounds so chill.

Why is it that everytime I see any sort of discourse about Stellar Blade, it's always about the fanservice or lack therof? :LOL:
Because it doesn't seem to be an especially interesting game outside of culture wars. It reviewed fine, but not impressively. The only reason it has any kind of spotlight is that Sony for some reason picked this game to go ride or die with. If they didn't no one would be talking about it, because you can't manufacture an outrage around the vagina bones of literally who.

Sony are probably the least talked about guilty party in this. Whatever cynical greed-related reasoning got them on board with the game and had their marketing departments fervently attempting to present whats-her-ass as a feminist gaming icon is the only thing that gave this whole trash fire the oxygen to burn in the first place.

Hello everyone,

Smoked quite a bit, so I need all of Fami to know: I just bought Endless Ocean. Swimming with fishes in the ocean sounds so chill.
Maybe that's what I need to convince me to pick up this game is get absolutely zonked on legal devil's lettuce

Because it doesn't seem to be an especially interesting game outside of culture wars. It reviewed fine, but not impressively. The only reason it has any kind of spotlight is that Sony for some reason picked this game to go ride or die with. If they didn't no one would be talking about it, because you can't manufacture an outrage around the vagina bones of literally who.

Sony are probably the least talked about guilty party in this. Whatever cynical greed-related reasoning got them on board with the game and had their marketing departments fervently attempting to present whats-her-ass as a feminist gaming icon is the only thing that gave this whole trash fire the oxygen to burn in the first place.
I dunno how much Sony was involved in the fallout though, as I was seeing this game pedestalized a while ago before the first controversy started, independently of anything Sony did. God why are there already two separate controversies around this game, fuck 😩
I didn't even know anything about the game until the demo came out, and it was met with a ton of takes like "see this is how women are supposed to look, thank god one game is immune to WOKE," and of course some references to Sweet Baby Inc and another situation where some marketing firm (I forget who) had their materials shared that showed how they try to coach game makers on content and character designs that are insensitive to women. People were saying the whole industry is trying to "shove ugly women in our face," using characters like Aloy as an example (who was already causing controversy years ago) and trying to make it socially unacceptable to like "attractive women."

When the Stellar Blade demo hit I began seeing people celebrating it, cheering it on for going against the grain and doing the "right" thing with its character design, and I saw several instances where people were saying "never apologize for wanting women in games to be attractive." As though it was some sort of rallying cry to them. Even RGT85 posted a long rant where he screamed and pointed at the camera saying "SHAME ON YOU!!! SHAME ON YOUU!!!" to anyone who thought such depictions of women are sexist, as when we say such things we're insulting the women who actually do look like that and are ourselves sexist for it. Hell, I follow Nate and every damn time he even mentions Stellar Blade RGT85 is in his comments screaming at him for being a pervert for playing the game, which is his sarcastic impersonation of the people who point out the inherent sexism in the character designs. Youtube was constantly, constantly putting videos like his in front of me, even Asmongold (the popular alt-right gaming youtuber who said "artists don't matter" during the Palworld controversy and who compared Andrew Tate to MLK) got in on it. It's been tough to avoid the Stellar Blade shit, as like with Palworld it seemed like it's all anyone wanted to talk about for a while.

And that was all before this recent thing where part of the character model's shape was changed, which as far as I've seen is what people are mad at Sony for, because they believe Sony is "censoring" the game. Even though the devs themselves have said the game in its patched form is their vision and was not in any way censorship that Sony required. Which of course these people don't believe.

Granted I'm not arguing with the fact that none of this would be happening without Sony's money and involvement, but from what I was seeing it looked like people were primed and ready for this game to be A Thing before any big marketing push or visibility began.

Even the fanservice elements just seem completely half baked. I’m not opposed to some silly cheesecake in video games on principle, but it’s literally just a woman with an empty expression wearing skimpy clothing. Compare to to the playful energy of a game like Bayonetta and it falls flat to say the least.

znhqYGZ.jpeg

you simply have to know what’s in the box

T0qRIYC.jpeg

signs point to yes…

but there’s a catch

0dHm5XY.jpeg
Hmm... question!

Is that like a license that allows you to fish with your mind? Or is it a license that allows you to fish for psychic fish?

OR is it literally the physical piece of paper that is your fishing license, and that physical piece of paper is, in fact, psychic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom