• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo hire this procyon lotor
Got no people skills but he's good with motors

Surprisingly a decent skill set for Pikmin given there are few people and generally some broken down spaceships

(Also yes this is a reference Raccoon does have people skills though I have no clue as to their mechanical aptitude)

Legend of the Stinky Horse physical copies are around the £10 mark in the UK, which is the cheapest I've seen new Nintendo games on Switch. In fact, the only other game which went that low was Sushi Striker, though Bayonetta Origins was £20 when I bought it a couple of months ago.

So uh.
I’ve been a tad vocal here and there about how much I dislike my job, and I’ve slowly been planning for a future where I can finally move on from it.

Just sent a lengthy email to this sort of nationwide initiative that works to help more women to start coding. (Not to ask for a job or anything, but to check if they have a volunteer position) They’re not very gaming focused, but I took the shot anyway. You never know, and all.
And here comes the wait.

Just sent a lengthy email to this sort of nationwide initiative that works to help more women to start coding. (Not to ask for a job or anything, but to check if they have a volunteer position) They’re not very gaming focused, but I took the shot anyway. You never know, and all.

Doesn't matter what focus it has, we need more of such initiatives.

Heck, with how "technical" the world gets by the day, i'd say coding / computer sciences need to be courses at schools, and not voluntarily / club ones.
Being treated as a normal thing you learn at school would likely also help removing stupid "gender roles" in the field.

Doesn't matter what focus it has, we need more of such initiatives.

Heck, with how "technical" the world gets by the day, i'd say coding / computer sciences need to be courses at schools, and not voluntarily / club ones.
Being treated as a normal thing you learn at school would likely also help removing stupid "gender roles" in the field.

Totally.

So uh.
I’ve been a tad vocal here and there about how much I dislike my job, and I’ve slowly been planning for a future where I can finally move on from it.

And here comes the wait.
sounds great, hope they have something for you

So uh.

And here comes the wait.
best of luck, Irene!

it’s hard as hell trying to get out of a bad situation. hope this step gives way to a path.

...aaaand my internet is down until Tuesday at the earliest :( Having to rely on tethering my stuff to my absolutely god-awful 4G (usually 3G...) signal now. Took me 20 minutes to even post this. No watching Fallout or anything for me.

So see you all next week (hopefully...)

Looks like former Playstation and Iron Galaxy employee Gio Corsi joined NoA's 3rd party management team.
something something if I had 2 nickels

he's talking about you, fami

nah, I'm sure Tezuka loved my "let's just throw every boss in there at once and put wings on all of them" design philosophy

Didn’t play @big lantern ghost course obviously.
STcmOwS.gif

Thanks pal.

Sometimes I consider grabbing HWDE again. But first I’d need to finish the other warriors in my backlog. And at least wait for a sale

Guess I could get HWDE as a voucher game. Sigh if only Costco would do the 20% off Bump on Eshop cards again, I’ve been waiting so loooonnnnggg

Looks like former Playstation and Iron Galaxy employee Gio Corsi joined NoA's 3rd party management team.
This is absolutely great news. Gio did amazing things for Vita despite Sony giving him bare minimum to work with. He was responsible for "miracle ports" for the system like Borderlands 2, Injustice and Resident Evil Revelations 2 and tons of localizations including Tales of Hearts and J Stars Victory.

Can't imagine what he might achieve on the successor. Annoyed at a game being stuck in Japan? Ask Gio, he'll find a way. (maybe starting with picking up Mameda Bakeru, huh?)

peak white boy move for this dude to literally say “my first theory was that the word GALAXY was FORBIDDEN in Korea!!!!! until I remembered it said galaxy in another part of the title

what will they think of next

@Derachi looking at this news like

3knlwa.png

So for those who don’t know

Gio Corsi was the 3rd Party Relations manager at Sony in 2015, and responsible for the “#BuildingTheList” initiative, an initiative where games that fans were vocal enough about could get released on PlayStation, with PlayStation’s help. One of the games that was a part of that initiative was Yakuza 5. Before Corsi, the game was destined to stay in Japan forever, unlocalized after the failure of Dead Souls. However he managed to get the game a western (albeit digital only) release on PS3, 2 years into the PS4 era, because of fan demand. Yakuza 5 ended up selling better than expected, which cause Sega to put a much bigger localization and marketing effort behind a little game called…

Yakuza 0.

Needless to say, the western release of my personal favourite video game of all time, Yakuza 0, and the future western success of the Yakuza franchise as a whole, is more-or-less, because of the efforts of Gio Corsi.

Gio Corsi is a real one. All the homies love Gio Corsi.

I’m not gonna sit here and let this become “Yakuza is coming to Switch 2” in my head, but Gio is an incredible hire for Nintendo. He does excellent work and I cannot wait to see what comes to Switch 2 with Gio around.

I can safely say after being on antibiotics for a few days, the sinus headaches are a thing of the past. Now hopefully I can back to my regular every day to day life and post on here more

I’ve been playing Pokémon scarlet dlc some and I caught an alolan exeggutor today

So for those who don’t know

Gio Corsi was the 3rd Party Relations manager at Sony in 2015, and responsible for the “#BuildingTheList” initiative, an initiative where games that fans were vocal enough about could get released on PlayStation, with PlayStation’s help. One of the games that was a part of that initiative was Yakuza 5. Before Corsi, the game was destined to stay in Japan forever, unlocalized after the failure of Dead Souls. However he managed to get the game a western (albeit digital only) release on PS3, 2 years into the PS4 era, because of fan demand. Yakuza 5 ended up selling better than expected, which cause Sega to put a much bigger localization and marketing effort behind a little game called…

Yakuza 0.

Needless to say, the western release of my personal favourite video game of all time, Yakuza 0, and the future western success of the Yakuza franchise as a whole, is more-or-less, because of the efforts of Gio Corsi.

Gio Corsi is a real one. All the homies love Gio Corsi.

I’m not gonna sit here and let this become “Yakuza is coming to Switch 2” in my head, but Gio is an incredible hire for Nintendo. He does excellent work and I cannot wait to see what comes to Switch 2 with Gio around.
Gio Corsi got up on stage and announced to a crowd of thousands of people that Windjammers was coming back. Windjammers!

This is now a Gio Corsi Appreciation Thread.

Right now, Eiji Aonuma is doing some innocuous task like cleaning the bathroom or going to the dentist that will be the inspirator for a major element for the next Zelda game.

Well dang, if you won't I certainly will!

But on a real note, I do look forward to him pulling a lot more Western 3rd parties for Switch 2 for day and date releases on other platforms.

Well, he's always open to suggestions, we could smother him in request tweets on twitter.

But yes, he indeed was instrumental in second coming of Yakuza and Tales of games in the west, if anyone can bring the past games of those series to Switch it's Gio. He even has a port studio ready to do the job is Sega fails to find one.

Gio Corsi got up on stage and announced to a crowd of thousands of people that Windjammers was coming back. Windjammers!

This is now a Gio Corsi Appreciation Thread.
Gio is a REAL ONE.
Well dang, if you won't I certainly will!

But on a real note, I do look forward to him pulling a lot more Western 3rd parties for Switch 2 for day and date releases on other platforms.
Haha I just don’t want to get my hopes up too high! I mean… clearly he saw “bringing Yakuza to more people” worked before. Maybe he’ll push for it again!

Well, he's always open to suggestions, we could smother him in request tweets on twitter.

But yes, he indeed was instrumental in second coming of Yakuza and Tales of games in the west, if anyone can bring the past games of those series to Switch it's Gio. He even has a port studio ready to do the job is Sega fails to find one.
Call up Dave Lang and get Iron Galaxy on the horn, we’ve got Yakuza games to port!!!

For real: Iron Galaxy, Gio’s previous employer, was responsible for the pretty great Skyrim Switch port, so I would trust them with Yakuza ports!

Supper Mario Broth makes videos now? Neat! And a great demonstration of how relying on (or accidentally using) uninitialized data in your programming can lead to some wacky issues.

Super Mario All-Stars checks address 7E0160 in the SNES's memory for the value 80 every time at startup. It expects the value to be set to 80 manually by a dev kit to enable debug mode in Super Mario Bros. 3. However, due to the address actually being uninitialized at the time of access, the value is unpredictable and can randomly return 80 on any SNES unit, regardless of them being dev kits.This leads to the scenario showcased in the video, where the debug mode becomes randomly enabled for one play session, only to then never be seen again.

In theory, the chance of this address being 80 is 1/256. In practice, this is dependent on the electric signals of that particular home's electric grid, as well as the physical properties of that particular SNES, so it can be less than 1/256 for some consoles and more than 1/256 for others.

Supper Mario Broth makes videos now? Neat! And a great demonstration of how relying on (or accidentally using) uninitialized data in your programming can lead to some wacky issues.

Super Mario All-Stars checks address 7E0160 in the SNES's memory for the value 80 every time at startup. It expects the value to be set to 80 manually by a dev kit to enable debug mode in Super Mario Bros. 3. However, due to the address actually being uninitialized at the time of access, the value is unpredictable and can randomly return 80 on any SNES unit, regardless of them being dev kits.This leads to the scenario showcased in the video, where the debug mode becomes randomly enabled for one play session, only to then never be seen again.

In theory, the chance of this address being 80 is 1/256. In practice, this is dependent on the electric signals of that particular home's electric grid, as well as the physical properties of that particular SNES, so it can be less than 1/256 for some consoles and more than 1/256 for others.

oh wild

idk why I thought that had done videos before… I enjoy their tidbits though!

oh wild

idk why I thought that had done videos before… I enjoy their tidbits though!
Me not using Twitter anymore means I've been missing a lot of their recent facts. If we get more YouTube videos, then I'll be able to keep up with them more easily again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom