• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned the Year of Luigi to my girlfriend whilst we were lying in bed this morning and she kept asking for more details because she found it hilarious. I ran out of things I remembered after a while and started making them up. I wish they actually released the Luigi Skateboarding game they announced for 3DS. And that the adverts where Daniel Radcliffe played Luigi would end up back on YouTube. Or at least the Luigi yoghurt that they said contained “real ghosts” would come back on sale.
You mentioned Luigi skateboarding and this immediately came to mind.

Yes, this an official Nintendo video. Times sure were different.....

Living in a cardboard box in a back alley in Thailand… Nothing but $300 in unmarked US bills and a loaded pistol to my name. Wanted in 4 countries, declared officially dead in 5… No friends, no family, nothing. Later in the month of June I met up with a fellow who would change my life. His name was Reggie Fils-Aime. Haitian, I think. I had met him doing a job a few months prior in Hong Kong. He was good muscle, and could drive. Got us out of a real sticky run-in with Interpol because he knew the streets well and he knew the car even better. My take from that job dwindled away quick; gambling addiction will do that to a person. All I had left was that 300.

Reggie was looking for me. “You’re not easy to find.”

I shrugged. “Probably a good thing.”

Reggie wasn’t amused. “No, it’s not. I need you for a thing. Got a job. Redmond, Washington. American branch of a Japanese company. I think they sell toys or playing cards…”

I cut him off. “Can’t go to the US. Pretty sure they’ve got feds at every airport in the country with my face on a poster.”

Reggie wasn’t bothered. “We’ll go in by boat then. You don’t understand, I need you.”

First time in months I felt needed by anyone. I’m not gonna lie, I missed the feeling. I think I might have let a smirk get through. It wasn’t intentional. Missed feelings’ll do that to you.

Reggie continued. “We’ll shave your head and change your name. Company’s got a big dinosaur turtle character named Bowser. Let’s go with that.”

For the first time in this whole exchange, I made eye contact. “So I’m ‘Mr. Bowser’ now, huh? A name you can trust.”

Reggie knelt down to my sorry cardboard box house. “I’d trust you under any name, Doug. And listen: this job is legit. It’s a long con. We’re getting into the company in a few years but we’ve been guaranteed our way up to the top. You stick around, and by 2020 you’re gonna be president.

I broke eye contact again and looked at my surroundings. My box. My wad of bills. My pistol. I looked back at Reggie. I didn’t even notice that he was here in a suit, and got out of a black car to approach me. He was dressed to the nines. I was wearing rags.

And he needed me.

How could I say no?

“Alright Reggie. I’m in. What’s the company called?”

“It’s called Nintendo. It’s good clean work, ‘Doug Bowser.’ Trust me.”

I had no one else to trust at this point. I was on the next boat to America.

naw I was a toddler in June 1994
I’m canonizing this

Another Springtime Jazz 2024 twofer coming. Had a hectic work day and let it slip by.

Day 10: “This Side of Sunshine” - Butcher Brown

This is a jazz band from Richmond, VA that really dives into jazz funk and fuses it with modern hip hop sensibilities. Really cool group and this album (Solar Music) has some great tracks.

Day 11: “Caterpillar” - Jazzbois

Fun fusion jazz song from a Hungarian act that primarily is driven by the drum line with the improvised keys through and a smooth base groove. Really like the mixing and how the bass and keys have this great interplay.

Random time: Anyone remember where they were in June of 1994?
Two and a half years old, and I'll be honest my earliest memory isn't until the winter of 1997 when Toronto was dumped with a metric fuckton of snow.

Living in a cardboard box in a back alley in Thailand… Nothing but $300 in unmarked US bills and a loaded pistol to my name. Wanted in 4 countries, declared officially dead in 5… No friends, no family, nothing. Later in the month of June I met up with a fellow who would change my life. His name was Reggie Fils-Aime. Haitian, I think. I had met him doing a job a few months prior in Hong Kong. He was good muscle, and could drive. Got us out of a real sticky run-in with Interpol because he knew the streets well and he knew the car even better. My take from that job dwindled away quick; gambling addiction will do that to a person. All I had left was that 300.

Reggie wasn’t amused. “No, it’s not. I need you for a thing. Got a job. Redmond, Washington. American branch of a Japanese company. I think they sell toys or playing cards…”

I cut him off. “Can’t go to the US. Pretty sure they’ve got feds at every airport in the country with my face on a poster.”

Reggie wasn’t bothered. “We’ll go in by boat then. You don’t understand, I need you.”

First time in months I felt needed by anyone. I’m not gonna lie, I missed the feeling. I think I might have let a smirk get through. It wasn’t intentional. Missed feelings’ll do that to you.

Reggie continued. “We’ll shave your head and change your name. Company’s got a big dinosaur turtle character named Bowser. Let’s go with that.”

For the first time in this whole exchange, I made eye contact. “So I’m ‘Mr. Bowser’ now, huh? A name you can trust.”

Reggie knelt down to my sorry cardboard box house. “I’d trust you under any name, Doug. And listen: this job is legit. It’s a long con. We’re getting into the company in a few years but we’ve been guaranteed our way up to the top. You stick around, and by 2020 you’re gonna be president.

I broke eye contact again and looked at my surroundings. My box. My wad of bills. My pistol. I looked back at Reggie. I didn’t even notice that he was here in a suit, and got out of a black car to approach me. He was dressed to the nines. I was wearing rags.

And he needed me.

How could I say no?

Man, how are you and @Dragoncaine not collaborating on a film project yet? Unless NDAs were signed, and gears are turning... 👀

And he needed me.

How could I say no?

I read this entire glorious shitpost in the style of the great Ray Liotta's Henry Hill narration in Goodfellas lmfao
Two and a half years old, and I'll be honest my earliest memory isn't until the winter of 1997 when Toronto was dumped with a metric fuckton of snow.

Man, how are you and @Dragoncaine not collaborating on a film project yet? Unless NDAs were signed, and gears are turning... 👀
If you're still in line at CinemaCon, STAY IN LINE!!!

I read this entire glorious shitpost in the style of the great Ray Liotta's Henry Hill narration in Goodfellas lmfao

If you're still in line at CinemaCon, STAY IN LINE!!!
I am not at CinemaCon but I wish I was if only to see the new Superman logo James Gunn teased behind closed doors that isn't online yet 😭 I just need my big himbo boy scout in blue to look cool as hell and make me believe a man can fly once again

I am not at CinemaCon but I wish I was if only to see the new Superman logo James Gunn teased behind closed doors that isn't online yet 😭 I just need my big himbo boy scout in blue to look cool as hell and make me believe a man can fly once again
It's been on Reddit for a day.
zwgg547ylltc1.jpeg

I have full faith in Gunn to deliver an absolute banger

EDIT: double post

zwgg547ylltc1.jpeg
THANK YOU 🙏 A Christopher Reeve documentary is also a pleasant surprise, definitely excited to check that out when it releases!

I have full faith in Gunn to deliver an absolute banger
Samesies. God I am so stoked for this. No matter what people may say about GotG, Superman as a series does rely on comedy relief and that was sorely missing in Snyderverse. Cavill was perfectly fine as Supes but was hamstrung by super serious dark 'n gritty writers.

I understand at some point they do have to move on from John Williams score, but I just hope the anthem is as sweeping as Williams and not as weirdly abstract as Zimmer. His music is good and can fit a certain vibe, but it's just not what I associate with a superhero that is meant to be overtly good.

Just a little French horn motif referencing those iconic eight notes when he dramatically looks up to the sky after donning the suit for the first time, head at a 3/4 angle, and I'll giggle like a schoolgirl the rest of the movie.

And he needed me.

How could I say no?

c3GAW3S.jpeg

the only reason for me to be hyped for any state of play or playstation showcase rn is for them to announce games for steam

zwgg547ylltc1.jpeg
The more geometric look of the Superman logo reminds me of how My Adventures with Superman handled it:

ef226234a50780a70a2e798c566e988d

I hope James Gunn and the team nail this movie. I like aspects of the Donner films (especially Christopher Reeve's performance), but this one has some serious potential.

I cannot wait to experience massive slow down tonight when I boot up Super R Type

Glad the item games are getting some love since they were unceremoniously delisted form all the various VC services of the past few generations.

The only NSO Genesis announcement I’m expecting at this point is “We are discontinuing the Sega Genesis Nintendo Switch Online service. Thank you.”

Genuinely do not think we’re getting anything else. Huge bummer.
I agree but willful ignorance and wishful thinking need to win the day here

So someone explain to me why The Undertaker is beating up the Rock at Wrestlemania. I can understand John Cena. But why was the Undertaker there? I haven't watched wrestling since like 2013.
Some have said they wanted Stone Cold but couldn’t make it happen and there is some Taker/Reins history. I don’t know what happened other than this scene and then comments on tweets. So I’m sure I’m telling the entire story accurately.

I have a new fan in the OG switch. Apparently mine was completely disconnected inside for some reason. Wouldn’t operate when reconnected so was completely dead anyway. Never thought having a quiet fan would be so nice. Before it went out it was buzzing like I was above the wing of a jet plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom