• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we don’t have a Dorito Pope Fest Summer Game Fest thread yet, I’m going to remind everyone: major multiplat announcements that are coming to switch may not be confirmed here, and instead be in a Nintendo Direct/partner Showcase later this month. Happened with P3P/P4G and some other stuff last year.

That or it’s leaked marketing material from the first reveal and the Nintendo reveal is separate like last year
I wouldn't rule anything out about games coming or not coming to Switch, especially before the game has even been announced. Let's just wait and see what happens with the presentations this week, and then if there are still questions after that, wait until later in the summer for Nintendo's followup, too. One of the downsides to everything being as spread out as it is throughout the summer - we used to play the 'what platforms is it coming to' song and dance during E3 all the time, but it was always answered within like a day or two at most.
Yeah, people were sure the Persona remasters weren’t coming to Switch around this time last year and they were quickly proven wrong.

Atlus deserves no trust in terms of reasonable platform decisions.

What graphics programs are folks creating ST's in? I'm contemplating throwing my hat in the ring for the July ST.

You should! I just used GIMP, but I am the most amateur graphic program user possible so I'm sure there are better ways.
I also used GIMP. Gosh, that feels so long ago. Now I just use it to crop images for future avatars/Discord profile pictures. 😅

Man, maybe I just have bad taste. I enjoyed Suicide Squad 2016. Like, it wasn’t good. But I enjoyed it. Not a fan of Jared Leto’s Joker though.

I fell asleep the first time around watching Suicide Squad. Its just so damn boring.

That was my main issue with most DC movies. It wasn't just that they were bad. Many of them were just outright boring. I actually can watch Man of Steel because it at least offered some entertaining DBZ fights. Aquaman was good because it's so dumb yet enteraining.

I'm, to my own surprise, having a pretty good time with the FF7 Remake this time around. I've never gotten far into the game around its launch on PC, only chapter 2 (lol); but I've been playing ch. 3 and 4 now, and enjoying the ride quite a bit. Good stuff!

What graphics programs are folks creating ST's in? I'm contemplating throwing my hat in the ring for the July ST.
I used CorelDraw, which is the program I use for professional work but I think it can be found secondhand on disc for cheap.

Everyone forgot that this game by French masters of narrative just came out. And it's getting nice reviews. Right now I don't need another VN but I bough it anyway. Let's see how many endings this baby's got!

Me; I love listening to live albums, lemme see how long this one is.
Album; I'm over two hours long!
Me; Maybe I'll listen tomorrow then...

You know I love my switch and it’s portability. But I do have an Xbox. So I had that oh I know the switch versions are on the higher side cause they didn’t do it as a collection, I wonder if Devil May cry is on sale on Xbox. Lo and behold the trilogy is on sale for $10(the price for one on sale on switch) and there’s a bundle with 4 for an extra $5. Now I’m not sure. Tho the switch is what I have credit on

You know I love my switch and it’s portability. But I do have an Xbox. So I had that oh I know the switch versions are on the higher side cause they didn’t do it as a collection, I wonder if Devil May cry is on sale on Xbox. Lo and behold the trilogy is on sale for $10(the price for one on sale on switch) and there’s a bundle with 4 for an extra $5. Now I’m not sure. Tho the switch is what I have credit on
Switch DMC3SE >>>>>>>>> Xbox’s

Oh that was the main one people kept recommending, so that’s better than the bundle?

From what I understand, they added the ability to switch styles in the middle of gameplay on Switch, making it the definitive version. Originally you had to pick your style before going into a level.

Honestly, something I like about Nintendo is that their games always feel like they're being made for the current audience. Sure they have a lot of franchises that go back a long way, but you know that - when you buy the new Zelda - your experience won't be hampered by the fact that you weren't around to play a Zelda game released before you were even born. Even when there's references, the story itself isn't reliant on pre-existing knowledge and - more importantly - pre-existing care. You can just play it because, shockingly, they realise that not everyone was around to play every single game they released.

(This comment is about FFVII: Rebirth)

Honestly, something I like about Nintendo is that their games always feel like they're being made for the current audience. Sure they have a lot of franchises that go back a long way, but you know that - when you buy the new Zelda - your experience won't be hampered by the fact that you weren't around to play a Zelda game released before you were even born. Even when there's references, the story itself isn't reliant on pre-existing knowledge and - more importantly - pre-existing care. You can just play it because, shockingly, they realise that not everyone was around to play every single game they released.

It’s going to be great when they get to part 3 and realize they just worked themselves into a corner again like with Lightning Returns in terms of how to market the game for new players. And we’re already seeing shades of this with the daily tweets this past week.

Oh that was the main one people kept recommending, so that’s better than the bundle?
From what I understand, they added the ability to switch styles in the middle of gameplay on Switch, making it the definitive version. Originally you had to pick your style before going into a level.
This and you have access to every weapon instead of having to pick two at checkpoint statues.

Funnily the Final Fantasy series used to be perfect for anyone to hop in at anytime because each new game was a brand new world, story, and characters. It is interesting with what they may be attempting with FF VII but I say that as a long time FF fan. Without going into spoilers, it does seem like prior knowledge of the original game will be needed to get the most out of the story. It definitely will be frustrating for new players though and by the time the third game comes out, new players will have had to play the original FF VII and the 2 prior remakes.

It’s going to be great when they get to part 3 and realize they just worked themselves into a corner again like with Lightning Returns in terms of how to market the game for new players. And we’re already seeing shades of this with the daily tweets this past week.

I have a theory that the only reason why FF XIII got sequels was because of the mess that was Versus XIII which later became FF XV. Versus was supposed to come out not long after XIII but because it kept getting delayed, I think they made the XIII team reuse assets to put out games to sell in the meantime.

If you ever feel embarrassed about making the same mistake twice, don't feel too bad; it could always be worse. You could be the guy at Bandai Namco in charge of deciding the platforms for manga/anime-based games.

This and you have access to every weapon instead of having to pick two at checkpoint statues.
Yeah that seems like major QOL improvements as a newcomer

I don't think this'll be quite the same problem, because it was clear from the word go that FF7: Remake was only the first part of a much larger story. FF13 is (ostensibly) a complete narrative in and of itself.

i mean you don’t HAVE to have played the original to enjoy the remakes. sure, it’ll enhance your play through if you do know the original story, but as you’ve not played it would it really hamper your enjoyment? because let’s face it, they’ve gone absolutely bonkers with the story.

the og can be played on basically anything now, and if a person is really that interested and doesn’t have the time or patience to play the og, a youtube video would be more than sufficient.

I wouldn't call it definitive. The game was definitely balanced around only having 1 style available at any given time.

It doesn't really matter though

I don't want to be annoying to people who like it, and that's why I don't think it's worth mentioning in the dedicated thread, but I really don't understand the appeal of SGF. I don't understand how such bland events can arouse interest. What was great about E3 at its prime was that it was basically advertising that brought more and better than advertising, that is to say passion and excitement. Geoff Keighley's shady stuff strikes me as basic advertising, but worse. Same about TGA.

And yet it undeniably seems to arouse people's interest. I just don't get it. Not to mention the fact that this guy is central in the gaming press instead of being completely burned out as it would seem logical he should be given his track record.

Holy shit, Shadow of the Damned Remastered was announced out of nowhere (no platforms confirmed, though).
Despite Suda51 having 5 games on Switch, i still can't shake the feeling that he's gonna betray us. I hope he knows where the home is.

Atlus is both the smartest and dumbest company of all time. I hate and love them.

What a day. Sonic Superstars, Like a Dragon Gaiden, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Persona 3 Reload, and Persona 5 Tactica all immediately caught my interest, and there were plenty of other interesting announcements on top of that. If Xbox can deliver on Sunday, talk about a stacked week.

If we get Mario Kart DLC within the next few weeks, then I'm more than ok with waiting until July for the direct. I've already gotten plenty.

Some good Capcom sales on eShop at the moment. Dragon's Dogma for $5. Mega Man Zero collection and Ace Attorney Collection for $10.
Tempted to buy that Mega Man Zero collection even though I already have a physical copy.
ProZD put out a very funny new skit today. Too relatable lol.

Reminds me of my shitass uncle back when I was working for the family catering business. Asshole would always try to set up pointless meetings where he and his wife would tell you that your opinions mattered and to bring up any issues you had, but if you tried to do so they would talk you down and tell you to keep it to yourself. Fortunately my aunt would shoot down most of those meetings and tell us to go home, but there were a few times they would sneak one in when she wasn't around.

Sonic Superstars looks so darn good. Definitely more my jam (I didn't play the open world game because I'm not into open worlds).

I don't want to be annoying to people who like it, and that's why I don't think it's worth mentioning in the dedicated thread, but I really don't understand the appeal of SGF. I don't understand how such bland events can arouse interest. What was great about E3 at its prime was that it was basically advertising that brought more and better than advertising, that is to say passion and excitement. Geoff Keighley's shady stuff strikes me as basic advertising, but worse. Same about TGA.

And yet it undeniably seems to arouse people's interest. I just don't get it. Not to mention the fact that this guy is central in the gaming press instead of being completely burned out as it would seem logical he should be given his track record.
I doubt that there's anyone who prefers it to E3, but as weak as it is comparatively there are still reveals and updates. Sure we'd rather get that information in a better format but we take what we can get.

Just wrote several pages of late game lore dump. If I had a budget it would make for a really cool cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom