• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know, I was just kidding (but not really because I hate Xenoblade), but your comment raises an interesting question: do I want to play other games or am I just worried that I'm missing out?

I generally use platformers (or smaller GameBoy/SNES games) as palate cleansers between two large games. Maybe tackle a brief action game that's in your backlog (I did that with Metal Gear Rising) to avoid burnout from two massive games in a row.

I might be in that situation too, since I'm playing Like a Dragon: Ishin before BOTW2 comes out
Lol I figured you were; I can see why folks wouldn’t like the series (and, I mean, there’s a lot of shit I don’t like).

That's actually a good idea with the platformers. Despite being a Nintendo fan, I've barely finished many of the classic platformers they've put out. With GB and GBA on NSO I can finish a few on there at least. Might even go with seemingly everyone else and play 6 Golden Coins lol

Honestly I’m not even gonna bother with Ishin despite loving the Yakuza games. I’ve still gotta play through 7, and there’s a seeming deluge of the games coming out, so I don’t have any need for content Also didn’t really like the combat demo; felt a bit stiff.

Before we all get bullied for playing games, I'm gonna share mine for March:
  • Finishing Oracle of Ages just in time for...
  • Metroid Prime Remastered
  • Try to make some more progress in Elden Ring
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake

It's too early for philosophy
But if it were already May then it'd be too late for philosophy

...I'mma be honest, ST18 is gonna be flying in by the seat of its pants. This past weekend and yesterday have all sucked out any free time I thought I was gonna have to start drafting 🙃

Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| Time Marches Ever Onward to May​

Before we all get bullied for playing games, I'm gonna share mine for March:
  • Finishing Oracle of Ages just in time for...
  • Metroid Prime Remastered
  • Try to make some more progress in Elden Ring
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
I promised myself I would stop it with remakes and play new games only this 2023.

So far I've played two remakes and preordered Prime and RE4 Remake.

I hate myself.

I promised myself I would stop it with remakes and play new games only this 2023.

I hate myself.
Old games and remakes are comfort food and that’s what we need and deserve in 2023.

I am confused

Like.... why

Some movies have moved up release dates a few days before in the past to give them higher opening week box office numbers. More days means more showing which means more first week numbers. Beginning of April is also when Spring Break is happening for a lot of schools in the US so they might be wanting to taking advantage of people having off.

Some movies have moved up release dates a few days before in the past to give them higher opening week box office numbers. More days means more showing which means more first week numbers. Beginning of April is also when Spring Break is happening for a lot of schools in the US so they might be wanting to taking advantage of people having off.
I just checked the calendar and realized Easter is that weekend, so that's probably it. At least in the States they will release movies on Wednesdays if the weekend contains a big holiday like Christmas of Thanksgiving, since families will often be busy.

I hate myself.
what could be better than playing old games, but this time with better graphics?

Much like a lot of people, seemingly, I've just finished Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. Was a nice little 2-hour romp, even if the Mario series has evolved a lot gameplay-wise since then.

Aldo... damn, there's more creativity and variety on display here theme-wise than the entire NSMB series combined.

Aldo... damn, there's more creativity and variety on display here theme-wise than the entire NSMB series combined.
this is so true. I’ll give the DS/Wii games a pass since those were the reboot as it were (and Wii U had some creative ideas like the Van Gough level, but too few). Gameboy had a lot of interesting ideas and themes since the games weren’t made by the console developers in most cases. Could use a new 2D game that gets away from the standard themes of grass, underground, lava, desert, etc.

usually they're flown out to WA for that kind of thing. The second floor of their NY store is mostly Pokémon Center and it's not that big

Just got to Sigma's Hideout in MMX, and I think these have to be the most annoying enemies in the game:

EPPPnyDXkAUpdE3

Hello mods, can I trade my current Famicoins for a locked thread that says "Final Fantasy XV is a great game!" and have it stickied for a week on this forum please? Please please please?

Well I just got the your gamepass is expiring in 13 days warning. Farewell. Time to grab a couple of gold sales before it’s up, like ace combat 7. Now if only Nier replicant was on sale next week.

Also time to see if I can get through Soul Hackers 2 in a week and a half

I said by the end of February I'd finish two more levels and so far I'm only through 1.7ish maybe. It's a short month though so I'm willing to fudge the numbers and say I hit my goal.

Plus I made 11 music tracks out of the blue so I'll call it a win.

Yeah, so I'm thinking the vehicles are, in fact, a big deal:

Really liking the idea of flying around on that big gliding bird-like one. Would be cool if they brought back something fast/ground based like the motorbike too.

since december i’ve completed: final fantasy 10, mortal kombat 11, jak and daxter, assassins creed rogue, arceus, borderlands 2, metroid dread and portal 2. currently playing through crash 4, bravely default 2, stray and darksiders. i have 30 games to complete before totk. will i do it? i hyli doubt it.

Good news: I’m getting a new work computer!

Bad news: it’s because my old work computer had a meltdown and I have to deal with IT hell getting everything fixed and set up on the new computer once it arrives

since december i’ve completed: final fantasy 10, mortal kombat 11, jak and daxter, assassins creed rogue, arceus, borderlands 2, metroid dread and portal 2. currently playing through crash 4, bravely default 2, stray and darksiders. i have 30 games to complete before totk. will i do it? i hyli doubt it.
you Hylia doubt it

The Legend of Zelda: Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Quick, let’s 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon Link but to the direct movie in the quite:

• Link was Created by Miyamoto
  • Miyamoto was on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
  • Jimmy Fallon was on Saturday Night Live and so was Chevy Chase
  • Chevy Chase was in Caddyshack which had a theme song made by Kenny Loggins
  • Kenny Loggins also made the theme song for Footloose which started Kevin Bacon
  • Kevin Bacon was in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Ngl it was a little scary coming back to that many mentions in my notifications 😅

@chocolate_supra must be ecstatic
Ecstatic that someone besides me visits the Sonic Stadium? Yes.

Congrats on the promotion @chocolate_supra! Just don't tell anyone that the reason why Frontiers wasn't as polished as it could be was because you wasted a lot of time just shitposting on Famiboards.
Are you kidding? The only reason it turned out as good as it did was because I took shit people said on Famiboards to heart.

I mean uhh.. whaaatt i'm not iizuka

Yakuza to be renamed again, called Like a Hedgehog now. Also, they're all visual novels now and most of their budget goes towards Sonic Adventure 3.
sssshhhh don't give away the surprise, we're gonna reveal Adventure 3 in the H1 2024 Gotta Go Direct

It's actually going to be a Mario Party-style game with visual novel cutscenes in between mini games. @chocolate_supra is cutting the fat and giving Yakuza players what they actually want.
Again, time spent on Famiboards has encouraged me to give Yakuza players what they want.

Also remember when there was that awkward as hell Cup Noodles sponsored sidequest in FFXV? @Derachi better get ready for some Eat Fresh DLC in the next game.

Quick, let’s 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon Link but to the direct movie in the quite:

• Link was Created by Miyamoto
  • Miyamoto was on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
  • Jimmy Fallon was on Saturday Night Live and so was Chevy Chase
  • Chevy Chase was in Caddyshack which had a theme song made by Kenny Loggins
  • Kenny Loggins also made the theme song for Footloose which started Kevin Bacon
  • Kevin Bacon was in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Chevy Chase was in Nothing But Trouble with John Candy, who was in Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Kevin Bacon.

This is such a diverse range of games, I think it rules!

Damn, I haven't shitposted in a while, have I.

Free time, must be nice

Sometimes being an adult sucks lol
tbh idk how i’m managing to game so much between my job and having a 7 month old, now if only the switch would get an upgrade sometime soon…i think i’d use my ps5 for exclusives and exclusives only and i also rarely use it now as my wife hogs it for cod

tbh idk how i’m managing to game so much between my job and having a 7 month old, now if only the switch would get an upgrade sometime soon…i think i’d use my ps5 for exclusives and exclusives only and i also rarely use it now as my wife hogs it for cod
:0

Hope all is well with your little friend then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom