• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The honeymoon period will be over soon for sure. Just you wait.
giphy.gif

Man, that Elden Ring DLC announcement got me all hyped up for the game again. Would really love to replay it, or just roam with my OG char and finish side stuff, but oh the time the time.

I need a portable version of it so i could play a bit once a while in between tackling other games.

Last edited:
Oh boy, remake of ever17, don't think my brain is ready for that

Reading the full interview, it seems that in their eyes, FDC did well overseas or atleast was popular enough. At the same time it appears that it was a lot of work which since it was a famicom game I can imagine trying to do animations and other stuff to fits the scenes.

After watching again the last direct for some reason, i kinda think putting Prime Remastered as a simple headline gives me bad vibrations about Prime 4.

Maybe i'm just overthinking, but putting one of the best games ever created as a simple headline is just not having respect for the franchise, probably it's related to Prime 4 and it's current state.

Recently i reached a roumor in /GamingLeaksAndRumours that said Nintendo is very angry about Prime 4 development situation, and Prime remastered is like a test to see if there's demand for Prime games and continue developing the fourth entry with or without current Retro Studios.

Again, this is misleading, and i'm overthinking a lot, so don't take me seriously.

But wouldn't tomorrow being May mean you already did those things?
No, he may have done those things already, or he may have not

but putting one of the best games ever created as a simple headline is just not having respect for the franchise
Oh for sure, Nintendo hates Metroid with a passion. They keep trying to kill it with new releases that the fanbase keeps buying up.

After watching again the last direct for some reason, i kinda think putting Prime Remastered as a simple headline gives me bad vibrations about Prime 4.

Maybe i'm just overthinking, but putting one of the best games ever created as a simple headline is just not having respect for the franchise, probably it's related to Prime 4 and it's current state.

Recently i reached a roumor in /GamingLeaksAndRumours that said Nintendo is very angry about Prime 4 development situation, and Prime remastered is like a test to see if there's demand for Prime games and continue developing the fourth entry with or without current Retro Studios.

Again, this is misleading, and i'm overthinking a lot, so don't take me seriously.
I think Nintendo wants to surprise their fans with as many announcements as possible and they plan this stuff beforehand. Prime 1 was leaked so extensively that the only way to make this announcement fun was a shadowdrop it and a do very low-key reveal. Going by how they talk about Prime 4, I think they know how important the game is to many and they always mention it with respect.

What even is this reasoning. Wasn't SSHD shown as a headline as well?

I feel like one of my songs is almost a subconscious ripoff of a Bravely Default 2 song but I can't quite find it.

Making music that doesn't immediately sound like something else is difficult.

Fuuuck, I'm in that state where there's just too many games I want to play/am in the process of playing. I just don't know what to do, and it leads me to not doing anything.

I'm thinking I should maybe take a break from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to finish something relatively shorter like Metroid Prime Remastered. But I just don't know :(

Fuuuck, I'm in that state where there's just too many games I want to play/am in the process of playing. I just don't know what to do, and it leads me to not doing anything.

I'm thinking I should maybe take a break from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to finish something relatively shorter like Metroid Prime Remastered. But I just don't know :(
Taking a break from playing Xenoblade to play something that's actually good is always a good decision, fami

Listening to the XBC 3 soundtrack because I've got a headache and can't really work this afternoon, and my brain just wants to experience the whole game all over again. Must resist. Dipping into it anyway currently to finish off sidequests and do DLC.

Taking a break from playing Xenoblade to play something that's actually good is always a good decision, fami
I'm actually enjoying Xenoblade :(

My desire to take a break is more coming from it being like 100 hours long. If I waited until I finished it to play anything else it's unlikely I'd have any time to play stuff between now and Tears of the Kingdom's release date.

My year in gaming so far has consisted of The Last of Us, The Last of Us Part II, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Metroid Prime Remastered, and probably by the end of the weekend I'll beat Minish Cap (trying to get every figurine and kinstone match). On my slate for 2023 after this is Bayonetta 3, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, the Oracle games whenever they drop, A Link to the Past, Starfield, and hopefully finishing Xenoblade 3 lol.

Can't remember the last time I ate this well, and that's not even including A Plague Tale Innocence and other random game pass games that are also in my backlog. Outside of RE4, I don't even think I'll have to buy a game until May. I'm stacked!

I'm actually enjoying Xenoblade :(

My desire to take a break is more coming from it being like 100 hours long. If I waited until I finished it to play anything else it's unlikely I'd have any time to play stuff between now and Tears of the Kingdom's release date.

I know, I know, I was just kidding (but not really because I hate Xenoblade), but your comment raises an interesting question: do I want to play other games or am I just worried that I'm missing out?

I generally use platformers (or smaller GameBoy/SNES games) as palate cleansers between two large games. Maybe tackle a brief action game that's in your backlog (I did that with Metal Gear Rising) to avoid burnout from two massive games in a row.

I might be in that situation too, since I'm playing Like a Dragon: Ishin before BOTW2 comes out

My year in gaming so far has consisted of The Last of Us, The Last of Us Part II, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Metroid Prime Remastered, and probably by the end of the weekend I'll beat Minish Cap (trying to get every figurine and kinstone match). On my slate for 2023 after this is Bayonetta 3, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, the Oracle games whenever they drop, A Link to the Past, Starfield, and hopefully finishing Xenoblade 3 lol.

Can't remember the last time I ate this well, and that's not even including A Plague Tale Innocence and other random game pass games that are also in my backlog. Outside of RE4, I don't even think I'll have to buy a game until May. I'm stacked!
Lol, I also have beat TLOU parts 1/2, Mario 6 golden coins, and Metroid Prime (though I went for the Trilogy version).

Are we all playing 6 golden coins this year? lol

So far I've beaten: Yakuza 3 (I only played the final boss this year but it counts) and 4, Lunistice, Hi-Fi Rush, Mario land 1 and 2, and Metroid: Zero Mission. It's the first time I've beaten so many games in barely two months. I'm pretty sure this streak is ending in March, where I'll only beat -if I'm lucky- Ishin, and maybe Metroid Prime. I've also started Minish Cap but not sure I'll finish it anytime soon.

next month for me gaming-wise is gonna be Crisis Core, Miles Morales, and starting FF7R. Should be fun, I'm looking forward to playing all three of those.

Are we all playing 6 golden coins this year? lol

So far I've beaten: Yakuza 3 (I only played the final boss this year but it counts) and 4, Lunistice, Hi-Fi Rush, Mario land 1 and 2, and Metroid: Zero Mission. It's the first time I've beaten so many games in barely two months. I'm pretty sure this streak is ending in March, where I'll only beat -if I'm lucky- Ishin, and maybe Metroid Prime. I've also started Minish Cap but not sure I'll finish it anytime soon.
Damn, thank you for reminding me of Hi-Fi Rush! I have no idea how I forgot that I completed it, because it was amazing, but yeah, add that one to my list right before Prime and Six Golden Coins (which was such a gem imo)

Despite still being knee deep in Octopath II, Metroid Prime, and Fire Emblem Engage, I think I might pick up the Destiny 2 expansion this week. Been playing the series since 2015 and this is a big point in the story that I don't want to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom