• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a grand old time sharpening knives then testing the edge on a carrot. Love when the blade sinks in smooth and easy. Also I guess I’m having salad for dinner.

Also this is the week where Nintendo should announce a Direct if they’re gonna have one, yeah?

I finally managed to take the time to go back to the OG Digimon Adventure series and holy heck, what a trip is is. Maximum nostalgia feels. Just finished season 1.

Might go back to Cyber Sleuth once I’m done, it’s a very good game, but didn’t come far.

I recall my friend showing me the last episode (or, well, one episode snippet) that was about 2 characters clutching their digidevices and crying and then the camera cut to the sky. Anyone know where that is from? If it’s any spinoff series, or such.

EDIT: Oh, it's from Digimon Last Evolution Kizuna. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Anyone else have issues posting images or media on mobile where you hit the "insert" button but that also hits the "post reply" button underneath so your post gets posted before your media and you look like a fool if you don't edit it quickly enough?

Looking at some games in my curated Steam backlog (a collection I made of "one-and-done" games I really wanna play asap), I realized Chrono Trigger released on Steam soon 5 years ago and it's still only available on Steam and mobile.

Square's release plans have always been weird.

Anyone else have issues posting images or media on mobile where you hit the "insert" button but that also hits the "post reply" button underneath so your post gets posted before your media and you look like a fool if you don't edit it quickly enough?
Used to allllll the time. Now I trick it by typing enter a bunch to stretch the window out so that when I do use the media button the "Insert" doesn't align with the "Post Reply" button anymore.

And for images I've just gotten used to typing [IMG] before them because that goes quicker for me somehow. If the image is the last thing you're posting, it'll automatically generate the [/IMG] at the end when you post. And I also found YouTube and Twitter embeds don't need to go through the media button, you can just post the URL and it'll automatically generate the BBcode for the embed when you preview or post.

This site has more shortcuts than a Mario Kart track.

Used to allllll the time. Now I trick it by typing enter a bunch to stretch the window out so that when I do use the media button the "Insert" doesn't align with the "Post Reply" button anymore.

And for images I've just gotten used to typing [IMG] before them because that goes quicker for me somehow. If the image is the last thing you're posting, it'll automatically generate the [/IMG] at the end when you post. And I also found YouTube and Twitter embeds don't need to go through the media button, you can just post the URL and it'll automatically generate the BBcode for the embed when you preview or post.

This site has more shortcuts than a Mario Kart track.
It's also something we could report to the site developers but I've been way too lazy to do that.

Might just do it your way.

My way is fun because it feels like I'm cheating every time I post

tumblr_px9fmrnzyt1y1iwqeo1_250.gif

Hm now what to focus on today. I guess I should jump back into Nier Automa. Don’t have a good multitask jrpg right now… oh Ryza 1 could work

Have your doctors ruled out tension headaches? I was having headaches as often as your markings there, and then I went to the doctor and he said it's probably tension headaches since I'm in front of a computer all day, suggested PT, I got said PT, and my headache frequency was massively reduced. Even the ones I do get aren't as bad and go away super quickly with rest and or ibuprofen.
I believe we have. Haven’t thought of PT though but I started with an injection as no other medicine would work good
God damn. Fingers crossed those injectables kick in sooner rather than later!

Same. I just want a normal life again. I am sick and tired of them. I’ll explain more in a dm as I don’t like talking about it openly.

We’re Panic Button the godfathers of Switch Ports? In a way, showing that these games could be ported to Switch and perform favourably.

Preordered Dokapon Kingdom Connect on the target deal cause who knows the print size and how many deals it’ll actually get. May change my mind later tho.

Hm I wonder if Dokapon Kingdom connect’s release date will be in the next direct

God of War Ragnarök is alright so far, but it's ridiculous that they come up with some bullshit lore reason for every single mechanic. I also find the item menus, skill trees and all that modern video game stuff very frightening.

The Mario Galaxy games are for me, peak Nintendo.

When I think of what I love about their games, what makes them so special, these two sum it up perfectly. That sense of childlike wonder. The clever mechanics folded together into elegant toybox levels. The beautiful soundscapes. The way they're a pleasure just to control.
It's like they managed to distill joy and crystallize it into video game form.

I used Crest White Strips today for some TLC Sunday and man, my teeth are sensitive to them. Feels weird.

I used Crest White Strips today for some TLC Sunday and man, my teeth are sensitive to them. Feels weird.
I can’t use them. The sensitivity is too much. My wife found some natural coconut oil brand that’s apparently no sensitivity but haven’t tried yet.

Shit is really kicking off 20 miles Southeast of me. Train derailed a few nights ago, and they put in place a mile radius evacuation, and then tonight they broke into the Grammys to say, no, really, get the fuck out of town.

I can’t use them. The sensitivity is too much. My wife found some natural coconut oil brand that’s apparently no sensitivity but haven’t tried yet.
Yeah, I might find an alternative. My wife said she built up a tolerance for it but I am skeptical, lol.

I wrapped up another replay of Pikmin 1, this time with an 11 Day run, which is my lowest yet. Planning and tweaking a route for each day and seeing it succeed by the skin of my teeth was thrilling, but next time around I'm not sure if I could get a new record without looking at a speedrun. A great game as always.

Went to see the M3gan movie this afternoon. Didn't know anything about it going in, but I ended up liking it a lot. Plays the horror aspects by the book, but it helps to sell the campiness of the whole affair very well. I was chuckling at everything the robot said through the second act. Wife tells me that the robot was played by a contortionist and the whole thing was done with practical effects, which I find impressive. Had to explain to her that AI and machine learning don't actually work like that and most of its behaviors would have to be manually implemented.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Fire Emblem Engage is super cozy. I know many miss the tone of Three Houses but I really dig how simple and straightforward Engage is.

Some parts of Engage I like but there is one thing that keeps happening that pisses me off so much that it has basically single handedly made it so I'll never play a fresh play through again. I am hoping it never happens again but I still have 3 chapters left so who knows.

Everyone is getting antsy over the looming Nintendo Direct, meanwhile I’m twiddling my thumbs in anticipation of CMA’s report on the Acti-Blizz acquisition. It’s going to throw the internet into absolute chaos no matter the result.

Fire Emblem Engage is super cozy. I know many miss the tone of Three Houses but I really dig how simple and straightforward Engage is.
I still have not bought either Fire Emblem for Switch but Engage does seem more my speed because it does look more simple. I wasn’t really into the academy thing they showed in 3H.

I've been waiting 3 weeks to see if my enrollment for my next unit of study has gone through, only to get the confirmation email today showing that they enrolled me in the wrong course

hqdefault.jpg

Time to ring the student help line and be put on hold for 20 minutes

I still have not bought either Fire Emblem for Switch but Engage does seem more my speed because it does look more simple. I wasn’t really into the academy thing they showed in 3H.
Well, it’s simpler in terms of unit building and progression and side activities, but the actual battles and tactics are much more complicated than Three Houses. Depends a lot on difficulty, of course. But I’ve been pretty stressed on Classic Hard, and have found it way less comfy than Three Houses Classic Hard.

Well, it’s simpler in terms of unit building and progression and side activities, but the actual battles and tactics are much more complicated than Three Houses
That is definitely what I want more out of a Fire Emblem game. Might consider getting Engage with a voucher hmmm.

That is definitely what I want more out of a Fire Emblem game. Might consider getting Engage with a voucher hmmm.
If that’s the case you’ll probably like it! I’m really enjoying it but am constantly at odds with a lot of the things it does compared to Three Houses. I want to finish it, but it’s honestly making me want to do another TH route, lol.

I still don‘t get it that I can‘t just buy any of the 3D Mario games right now. At this point they are just leaving money on the table.
Disney vault strategy. Which is funny as you can walk into a store right now and still see copies of 3D All-Stars on the shelf, two years after print.

I beat Hi-Fi Rush yesterday. What a fantastic experience. I'm also halfway through Metroid: Zero Mission and, um... there's something about Metroid games that just fill my brain with joy. They're just that good.

Earnings release hype! The best kind of hype, because anyone can use the data to make any argument they want!
Personally I feel that the latest sales updates demonstrates that all games have disappointed/exceeded expectations.

(Legitimately I think Bayonetta 3 is going to be the one that - whatever the result - is flagged as disappointing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom