• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my colleagues recently got a Switch after never really being much of a gamer, and he is absolutely hooked on BOTW; doesn't even follow the story really, just wanders around messing with the game's systems or just "vibing" with the world.

I feel like because it seems like a traditionally "core" game, (complex open world) it's been overlooked that BOTW's intuitive mechanics make it a great bridge into gaming for a wider audience.

Last edited:
I don't think a week goes by where I don't listen to one of Kevin Penkin's Made in Abyss songs at least once. His music is so atmospheric that really hits that world. I know he's done a few songs for some mobile games but I hope gets to compose for a fully fledge RPG one day.

I feel like because it seems like a traditionally "core" game, (complex open world) it's been overlooked that BOTW's intuitive mechanics make it a great bridge into gaming for a wider audience
Yeah I see a lot of more casual players, who are intimidated by stuff like Assassin’s Creed or Witcher 3, absolutely vibe with BotW. Part of the reason why it broke out as much as it did.

His music is so atmospheric that really hits that world
His composition for The Golden City of the Scorching Sun is downright haunting. Like an unwelcome observer peering straight into your soul.

Just thought how hilarious it'd be if the only Zelda trailer we have in the next Direct is a video of Aonuma walking in the snow to pick up a Zelda OLED or some shit like that. Bonus point if that's the one more thing.

Anyone could recommend a soundbar that fits a dual screen PC setup?
It's not supposed to be top of the line, just for music.. going to be doing a lot of boring shit work when I get back in march.. and I expect I will have a lot of background music on.. :p

I’m not keeping up with Direct Speculation, so it would be nice to see that Team February taking that win again
personally I found it really disappointing but at least we know now that parts of the schedule are seemingly set in stone

unless new hardware comes next year I think we can forgo timing speculation for September, February, and September of next year

Just thought how hilarious it'd be if the only Zelda trailer we have in the next Direct is a video of Aonuma walking in the snow to pick up a Zelda OLED or some shit like that. Bonus point if that's the one more thing.

I love what an absolute goof he is ❤️

what's wrong with me wanting to put 110€ in Theatrhythm Final Bar Line and all its DLC
I have similar feelings for the Live a Live dlc especially. But if I’m going digital I’ll wait for a sale. Still need to play my copy of Taiko drum festival

Speaking of vibing when it comes to a game world, I’m really into Pokémon Scarlet currently. I know GameFreak gets a lot of hate these days, but this’ll be the first main series Pokémon game I’ll have completed in quite a few generations (and I was a Pokémon-bed-sheets, saw-Pokémon-The-First-Movie-9-times-in-the-theater, wore-out-my-Pikachu’s-Winter-Vacation-VHS-tape kid/teen.)

I’m 8 badges, 4/5 Titans, 4/5 Team Star, and about 300 Pokémon registered as caught so far, and it’s been a blast. Maybe it’s partially because I didn’t play Arceus, but it feels fresh and exactly what Pokémon should become. I like the music a lot, and I love the “let’s go” mechanics. The game doesn’t always run perfectly, but nothing to the extent that has ruined the experience for me. I do partly understand the frustration over ‘Dexit’ now, though, but mostly because I want more! This game already did a great job at making each new area I ventured into feel like it had new Pokes for me to catch, but I just imagine what a world full of 1000+ species would be like.

I do still play Pokémon Go daily, and I’ve sunk many hundreds of hours into Pokémon Unite with buddies, so it’s not like my contact points with the Pokémon franchise aren’t still as strong as ever, but if this is the direction the main series continues to go in, they can definitely count me back in.

(Crossing my fingers for some DLC announced at a Pokémon Presents closer to Pokémon Day, and sorry for the long post, but wanted to share my Scarlet love because it has me kinda jazzed!)

#TeamTuesday
for no reason other than to be contrary
Tuesday should be a fun day, since if it's Thursday it won't be announced until Wednesday and Tuesday morning will be the usual "everything is wrong and we're doomed forever all is looooooooost!" posts.

And by 'fun' I meant 'ehh'

oh my god??

I had never seen this but I absolutely love it

It sucks that emulation on my PC isn't the best because I want to play the Gamecube version again in 16:9 specifically because of C-stick swarming. That lil parade melody is so damn cute especially when you only partially push the C-stick so the tempo is slowed down haha

Pikmin fan tries the "New Play Control" version of Pikmin 1 for the first time

Pikmin fan has a good time but despises swarming with motion controls instead of the C-Stick and is considering playing the Gamecube version for the 100th time instead

It's me, I'm the Pikmin fan
Can't you swarm with "Down" on D-Pad + the pointer?

trying to evoke a pulse monitor with words is interesting but i’m not nearly invested enough to try harder

Happy Saturday, thread! Hope you're all in for a nice weekend. February is shaping up nicely, with a Direct next week and then starting to get a bunch of games shortly after.

What's your most hyped game for the month? I'm really itching to start dungeon crawling in Galleria.

Can't you swarm with "Down" on D-Pad + the pointer?
That's what I meant by motion controls. For some reason swarming things is very finicky as it takes awhile for the Pikmin to actually pick things up regardless of pointing my cursor directly on top of it. I returned to the Gamecube version and the Pikmin immediately responded to the C-Stick.

I kind of wish the movie was just called "Super Mario Bros." instead of "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" Having "Movie" in the title feels kind of tacky, and aside form the Simpsons Movie, it always seems to be kind of a tacked on cheap addition. I still think the movie looks good and am excited to see it, but yeah, not a fan of ______: The Movie.

yeah, what a snoozefest

hope people don't lose it when there's nothing Tuesday morning
I'll be losing it because I have a work meeting every Thursday that would cut into the live Direct airing lmao

So I'm on Team Tuesday announcement until the end out of pure hope, but nah, we'll know what's going on either way at 9am ET on Tuesday.

I kind of wish the movie was just called "Super Mario Bros." instead of "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" Having "Movie" in the title feels kind of tacky, and aside form the Simpsons Movie, it always seems to be kind of a tacked on cheap addition. I still think the movie looks good and am excited to see it, but yeah, not a fan of ______: The Movie.
Probably to make it obvious on advertisements that it's not another Mario game.

Do games included in the Nintendo Voucher get added over time? Kind of want to do it for Fire Emblem and Zelda but Zelda isn't included right now.

Do games included in the Nintendo Voucher get added over time? Kind of want to do it for Fire Emblem and Zelda but Zelda isn't included right now.
They should. I used vouchers on games that came out after I bought them. They will probably make Zelda available around release time.

I was watching the Bayonetta 3 We Are As One OST trailer and I closed the video after less than 3 minutes. Reason: the song is just too beautiful and the clips they put on the video are just too emotional and I don't wanna cry rivers over Bayonetta 3 again.

Same here. Was just thinking about that yesterday, in fact, and I wonder if it has something to do with legality stuff surrounding the fact that there's technically already a movie called simply "Super Mario Bros."? 👀

Famiboards: The Movie when?
Whenever @Dragoncaine gets around to writing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom